Hall of Fame Concert Songs

Z J

Yeah I think green day will get to perform quite a bit even with Joan but i think it will be a ringo, macartney close out. But Billie might get to perform a beatles/ringo song with them. I just have a hard time seeing ringo and joan jett closing the ceremony playing good riddance.

All three of them have really good closing songs. GD has Good Riddance, Joan has I Love Rock and Roll and Ringo has With a Little Help from my Friends. Then throw in Lean on Me as well. Could be a good closing medley. Wherever, they end up in the lineup, I anticipate that their set will be the most energetic.

I do realize that Ringo will probably be the headliner, mostly because Paul is going to be there. But, it is really a shitty thing to do. It has nothing to do with GD, but this should be about the artists that were elected based on their careers, not an honorary award winner. I would less of an issue with Joan Jett closing the show than Ringo.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

or

Stop, Drop, and Roll

Stop, Drop, and Roll

Stop, Drop, and Roll

Lol

:lol: I lol'd. And that would literally be the best thing ever.

All three of them have really good closing songs. GD has Good Riddance, Joan has I Love Rock and Roll and Ringo has With a Little Help from my Friends. Then throw in Lean on Me as well. Could be a good closing medley. Wherever, they end up in the lineup, I anticipate that their set will be the most energetic.

I do realize that Ringo will probably be the headliner, mostly because Paul is going to be there. But, it is really a shitty thing to do. It has nothing to do with GD, but this should be about the artists that were elected based on their careers, not an honorary award winner. I would less of an issue with Joan Jett closing the show than Ringo.

No i mean i don't disagree with that line of thinking but if i were to guess the last song will probably be a beatles or joan jett song and that's fine with me as long as green day gets to play at least 3 or 4 of their own songs.

What about "Knowledge"? I know it's a cover, but that's the one song they've recorded back in their 39/Smooth days that they seem to perform the most.

No i mean i don't disagree with that line of thinking but if i were to guess the last song will probably be a beatles or joan jett song and that's fine with me as long as green day gets to play at least 3 or 4 of their own songs.

I get Ringo, but why would you think Joan Jett would have higher billing than them? Unless you are just thinking of I Love Rock and Roll???

What about "Knowledge"? I know it's a cover, but that's the one song they've recorded back in their 39/Smooth days that they seem to perform the most.

Joan Jett will have the covers angle locked up. Plus, they have a catalog of 11 albums, not sure they would want to do a cover.

I get Ringo, but why would you think Joan Jett would have higher billing than them? Unless you are just thinking of I Love Rock and Roll???

Joan Jett will have the covers angle locked up. Plus, they have a catalog of 11 albums, not sure they would want to do a cover.

I mean to me that song makes the most sense. Not that i really like that song but still that would be my guess. Tho good riddance is a better song imo. It just seems weird to me for people that old to sing it as the ending to the rock and roll hall of fame ceremony. I guess i just never pictured that happening.

I mean to me that song makes the most sense. Not that i really like that song but still that would be my guess. Tho good riddance is a better song imo. It just seems weird to me for people that old to sing it as the ending to the rock and roll hall of fame ceremony. I guess i just never pictured that happening.

It does seem like a fitting song for the end, but I see it more of a medley with everyone. They all come on the end and do the song, not that Joan would end the show, but everyone would.

I'm almost certain that Billie Joe already has a bunch of decent songs written for whenever GD get back to it, I think that most his songs are written in the period where the band doesn't seem to do much. But if they were to play a new song at the HoF it would have to be a great song, a really great song. It's a short setlist and there is no room for one song to fail. It would have to be hit single material, and if he's got one such song written already, I don't think they would "waste" it so long before their next album

Yes, the new song would have to be just epic/mind-blowing for them to use it as one of the three. I just know Green Day aren't typically a band to look backward, but maybe this is the perfect time to do that. It's really tough to pick three songs. Maybe one of their earliest songs, and then two big hits, like Boulevard of Broken Dreams and Minority? Or instead of Minority....Longview, since it kick-started their career? Kill the DJ....Gosh, it's just so hard to widdle it down to three. Since it's Green Day they should just let them do a whole set, let them play all night. But in the spirit of things, here's my NEW three-song set. First song, biggest hit, song that started it all.

1. At the Library
  2. Boulavard of Broken Dreams
  3. Longview

Yes, the new song would have to be just epic/mind-blowing for them to use it as one of the three. I just know Green Day aren't typically a band to look backward, but maybe this is the perfect time to do that. It's really tough to pick three songs. Maybe one of their earliest songs, and then two big hits, like Boulevard of Broken Dreams and Minority? Or instead of Minority....Longview, since it kick-started their career? Kill the DJ....Gosh, it's just so hard to widdle it down to three. Since it's Green Day they should just let them do a whole set, let them play all night. But in the spirit of things, here's my NEW three-song set. First song, biggest hit, song that started it all.

• At the Library
  • Boulavard of Broken Dreams
  • Longview
Those 3 would be epic! I love them all! At the Library is my fav. Older song!

I've actually decided that they need to do Brutal Love. It is a brilliant, overlooked song and will seem new to alot of people.

It will seem like a Sam Cooke song, that's what it will seem like

It will seem like a Sam Cooke song, that's what it will seem like

And it's bad to sound like Sam Cooke???

And it's bad to sound like Sam Cooke???

I'm not talking about sounding specifically like Sam Cooke as an artist, vocally and/or instrumentally. I'm more referring to the fact that 'Brutal Love' is heavily based on a specific Sam Cooke song, which was even stated in the credits of the album. And I'm not saying the song should never be played live, I just don't find it appropriate at something like the HoF: The song was never a hit, neither is it representative of any particular 'Green Day sound', and on top it sounds very much like a classic song by another artist

The guy who Green Day stole Brutal Love off of.

Technically not stealin snice sam Cooke has writing credits on it. They borrowed it.

Who the fuck is Same Cooke?

He's a soul musician who did a song called (I think) Bring It On Home To Me, which Brutal Love is a copy of. What was funny is that my dad was learning to play it the week Tre came out.

Or....completely random songs picked out of hat:

1. Working Class Hero
  2. Paper Lanterns (acoustic)
  3. When I Come Around

(sorry guys, I just love making playlists of Green Day songs, as you can see if you go to the Dream Set-list page. Wow, I've made so many set-lists. It's ridiculous.) Here's another random three for the Hall of Fame:

1. Hungry Hungry
  2. Money Money 2020
  3. That's Alright Mama

1. Why Does it Always Rain on Me
  2. Santa Claus is Coming to Town
  3. American Eulogy (acapella)

1. Unknown Song #3
  2. Fell For You (demo)
  3. Desensitized

1. Longview
  2. The Static Age
  3. Are we the waiting

I've been thinking about this a while, and although I have my list of "I'D GO ABSOLUTELY NUTS IF THEY PLAYED THIS LIVE" songs, I realize most of them aren't realistic. However, there are some that could be possible — like 2000 LYA and Paper Lanterns — that I've never seen live, since I've only seen them once, that would make me EXTREMELY happy to witness, so either way, I don't think I'll be disappointed by whatever they do.

I also think a combination of American Idiot/old song/Dookie makes sense (probably with the old song sandwiched in-between), but I can also see them chickening out and going with American Idiot/Dookie/21CB to keep it all singles/well-known songs. Just because Billie says he wants to play an old song doesn't mean it's going to happen. He was all "ONLY OLD MUSIC!" when they were starting the trilogy nonsense and that didn't last too long, because, as they said in the documentary, they really rely on the crowd knowing the music for their energy, and it's understandably awkward when no one is singing along.

I'm not bold enough to predict what songs exactly will happen, but I assume we can narrow it down to these options, in no particular order:

•American Idiot: American Idiot, Holiday, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, WMUWSE

•Dookie: When I Come Around, Longview, Basket Case

•"Old" stuff: 2000 LYA, Going to Pasalacqua, Holden Caulfield, Paper Lanterns, Christie Road, Welcome to Paradise

•21CB: 21 Guns, Know Your Enemy

Like everyone else said, Good Riddance is an obvious choice, but I think they'll reserve it for some sort of medley at the end since it's their most well-known song. And although Letterbomb would've been great, they played it last time, so I doubt they'll play it again.

But man, I just wish they'd play an old cut off off Insomniac once in a while... I'm really loving that CD right now, and it's a shame Billie can't remember the words to half of it. :(

But man, I just wish they'd play an old cut off off Insomniac once in a while... I'm really loving that CD right now, and it's a shame Billie can't remember the words to half of it. :(

I'm pretty sure most people don't know the words to at least half of Insomniac, he could probably just make vague noises and it'd still sound right.

Archived