Hall of Fame Concert Songs

Z J

That was me, and I could see a medley starting with Lean on Me, going into I Love Rock and Roll and ending with Time of Your Life.

If that happens, I will seriously not be able to control my emotions. At all.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

three songs from different times would be great, so i'd say:

1. Who Wrote Holden Caulfield: it would be great if they played a song from Kerplunk!. cos that's from their Lookout days and also one of the reasons why they got a chance to sign to a major label...my two favorites of Kerplunk! are Christie Road and Who Wrote Holden Caulfield and i'd take Who Wrote Holden Caulfield since that's Billie's favorite of that album if i remember correctly :P (and i like it a bit more) and the song is just about so much..i just love it

2. She's A Rebel: as the second song i think it would just perfectly fit to take a song of one of their most popular albums, so either Dookie or American Idiot. i just prefer American Idiot, cos it's a concept album and i just love the story - it also influenced a lot of us and helped a lot of us cope with certain things (not that Dookie hasn't done that, but it just doesn't have a story going through all songs), but that's really a matter of taste. i chose She's A Rebel because Jesus Of Suburbia - the song that was chosen as a favorite here on the forum a few years ago - is probably too long and they've already played Letterbomb. plus, i gotta confess that i just can't hear some of the songs anymore, i want something different. She's A Rebel would be perfect, cos it's a kickass fast punk rock song and just totally fits the topic of rock n roll :P ...moreover without this song we wouldn't have the cover - the heartgrenade.

3. Stay The Night or Carpe Diem: as a third song something new would be cool. the first song that came to mind here was actually Oh Love. it's damn catchy - especially when played live, but at the same time i just can't hear it anymore :lol: Stay The Night is also pretty catchy and Carpe Diem as well...i just can''t decide between those two :lol: while the topics mentioned in the songs are different topics, of course, i think it would be great to hear the lines "so stay the night, i don't wanna say goodbye" or "Carpe Diem, a battle cry" etc at the end of their performance at this event ;)

....just one thing that this setlist would lack is a song everyone knows, so maybe as a second song American Idiot would be great, too, or maybe When I Come Around off Dookie, cos Dookie was their first totally successful album and When I Come Around was the most popular...

....so yeah....i guess we all realize that Green Day just have too many great songs they could choose :lol:

It'd be pretty cool if everyone joined at the end and played Good Riddance, like they do at the end of the musical! They usually do big jams with all the performers, right?

Some great ideas out there, and I really hope they won't play many or even none of their most popular songs, for crying out loud, every time BOBD comes on the radio I am both happy their on but still sad it's always that song, but they will probably play it anyways.

Something off Kerplunk would make my life. It's my favorite album after all :3 love to hear No One Knows live, or One For The Razorbacks because they're both close favorites. WWHC would be amazing as well... ugh so much choice!

As for 1039, Dry Ice because it's amazing... uhm then there are songs like Green Day, of course, they were still sweet little teenage children at that time, haha.

99/100 they're going to play at least something off of Dookie and AI, so I'm with Elena for She's A Rebel, that's the song that made me fan after all. Jesus Of Suburbia would be fucking awesome, but it's probably too long and I'd rather not have them play the short version (just... no). Dookie... She or something, just a little different from the main hits (BC, WICA, LV, y'know).

How about Strangeland? If Billie remembers the lyrics of course. Probably not though. Just give them four songs already.

How about Strangeland? If Billie remembers the lyrics of course. Probably not though. Just give them four songs already.

Just give them 4 hours to play any damn song they want

Going to Pasacalqua/Paper Lanterns/2000LYA

Basket Case

America Idiot/BOBD

well be the songs

The Lookout songs are one of those three

Same with the AI

16 would be cool, clue's in the title... but also Green Day or Sweet Children would be great ideas. They may also play 99 Revolutions as their last one as it was their last tour, of course.

I just hope the oldie is one from 39/smooth unless its Private Ale. But I'd bet my balls it's not that. Despite my dreams. (Favourite song ever, btw.)

They won't play them here, but ANY TIME NOW finally playing "Deadbeat Holiday" and "The Panic Song" live would be great.

If they play "21 Guns" I think I'll shoot myself.

Paper Lanterns, Christie Road or At the Library would be good ones to play. I Agree if they play 21 guns or 21st Century Breakdown I will start throwing stuff at the tv.

Paper Lanterns, Christie Road or At the Library would be good ones to play. I Agree if they play 21 guns or 21st Century Breakdown I will start throwing stuff at the tv.

I love the song 21CB personally, I just CANNOT STAND "21 Guns".

I'd love to see them do The Static Age for obvious reasons, but I'm pretty sure they won't do that one.

I know I am in the minority, but I love 21 Guns. It is not the kind of song I can listen to all the time, but sometimes I need a good anthem. The lyrics are beautiful and timeless, Billie's vocals are brilliant and he is unbelievably hot in the video.

I am starting to read rumors that they will be the headliners and that GD and Joan Jett are going to have to carry the show, which makes sense. This also means they may get 4 songs.

As everyone is well aware, there are alot of people that say they don't deserve to be in the hall. There are a multitude of reasons why they are, one of them being there ability to perform. This is there opportunity to show some of the haters one of the reasons why they are there. So that, combined with potentially having to carry the show, they will have 20 to 30 minutes to stage a spectacle. Love the song, or hate the song, they can build a spectacle around it.

Whatever songs they choose, I want everyone in that theater to walk out saying it was the best damn show they ever saw.

Going to Pasacalqua/Paper Lanterns/2000LYA

Basket Case

America Idiot/BOBD

well be the songs

The Lookout songs are one of those three

Same with the AI

Why not Christie Road though?

I'd bet my balls

I wasn't planning on betting anything more than rep, but I'm sure something can be worked out.

Come on, they're fucking Green Day and play a whole concert :D

They're most likely to play 15 minutes only. Like Metallica did when they were inducted in 2009 (I haven't watched any other inductions, so I don't EXACTLY know how this runs). The same year they played with some guest musicians for the 25th anniversary of the Hall of Fame - that set was aprox. 45 minutes long.

When I clicked this thread I for sure thought I'd be able to make a qualified guess, but I really can't, three songs are not enough to sum up Green Day's career. I think they will go with two oldies and a newer one though, a 1039/Kerplunk song, a Dookie song and an American Idiot song. It would have to be something people know, but still something that is not too obvious.

EDIT: After being inspired by some of your guesses I'd say:

409 In Your Coffee Maker
Basket Case
Jesus of Suburbia

This would be a perfect setlist IMO. It would keep it somewhat classy and special for an event of this caliber, and it would also be a good representation of Green Day's growing ambition. It has the "OLD CLASSIC", the "BIG HIT" and the "MASTERPIECE". A boring but likely setlist would be something like:

American Idiot
Basket Case
Holiday

I also have a terrible suspicion that they might consider 'Know Your Enemy' to be HoF worthy. I think I'd weep. :D

We are going to contemplate this for 4 months & GD on the flight to the ceremony are gonna say hey lets sing these 3 songs :ga:

Okay. Well, here goes..

I just hope they play something from 39/smooth and not kerplunk. If it was from Kerplunk it should be something like Strangeland or especially Sweet Children as that's where it all started. I really hope it's not 2000LYA because I love that song but they play live fairly often and it's not something that would excite me very much. I hope that the early days song is something not very obvious, because it will open people watching to a completely different side of the band. 409 In Your Coffeemaker is one of Billie Joe's favourites but in my opinion it doesn't tell enough of the Green Day story; you'd want songs to tell more of the band's story at something as prestigious as the RnR HOF. Maybe a song like Disappearing Boy. But I Was There could be cool too as John wrote that song. Now I really cannot narrow this one down, there are so many options that picking one seems near impossible as this could go so many ways and the band could completely blind side us and go with something completely awesome like Green Day or Sweet Children, so in an ideal world - GREEN DAY / SWEET CHILDREN but final choice 2000 LIGHT YEARS AWAY

I think inevitably the next song will be from Dookie and it will probably be Longview or Basket Case. If I had my way it would be 86 as it continue the Green Day story of now being banned from Gilman, if you still wanted to go with the story vibe but really it's just over all a completely bad ass song. And I think it's one of Tre's favourites. I'd rather a song from Insomniac than Dookie but that's not going to happen so...in an ideal world 86 but... final choice - BASKET CASE

I think this is pretty obvious, that they will play American Idiot. But, there is alot still to choose from, I have said before that they could even play 99 Revolutions as it is the song representing their latest tour, which could kind of be saying - "Yo, we're still around" but then it wasn't a hit so could come off the wrong way. But there are songs like Jesus of Suburbia or Homecoming which are just massively epic anthems. A song like Holiday could work too, but then there is something from 21CB for example 21 Guns, which is a song I like but I can totally see why most people here are puking when they even consider playing that song but I love static age and it would make my year if they played that songs but I think it's pretty obvious that they're gonna play American Idiot. So. In an ideal world - STATIC AGE but final choice - AMERICAN IDIOT.

I hope that made sense as this only has half my concentration rn. Thanks for reading my bullshit!

They should go with:

Like A Rat Does Cheese
Song Of The Century
Time Of Your Life

But more likely:

2000 Light Years Away
Basket Case
American Idiot

My personal choice:

Basket Case
American Idiot
Dreamcatcher