Hall of Fame Concert Songs

Z J

I'd like to see Dry Ice, either Basket Case or Welcome to Paradise, and probably American Idiot or Wake Me Up When September Ends. There is possibility they will fit in Good Riddance because there should be enough time, since Nirvana had 4 songs at last year's Hall of Fame and each song wasn't like 2 miunutes long.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just looking at the set list for past RRHOF induction ceremonies and, in the past, the headliner always got 4 songs. With this induction ceremony, there will be 3 tribute sets, I don't think they will make them the final set. The only one I can see possibly giving it to is SRV and what good is that if SRV isn't on guitar? So, that leaves GD, Joan Jett and Bill Withers. I would have to think that GD would be the final set. I know the article said 3 songs, but maybe they didn't know who would be the final set yet or maybe they are planning on doing JOS.

I think you have to get people excited. No soft songs thrown in with louder ones. So I'd probably go with some combination of Chump Outro/Longview and Welcome to paradise and then JAR to close. It's the perfect combination. JAR rather than minority and no basket case because if you play basket case i feel like you almost have to play every popular dookie song as well plus you can't mix a ton of dookie with AI songs.

But if they get 4 songs you might be able to throw in jesus of suburbia. So, my guess for 4 songs the band would most want to play would probably be

Longview, JAR, Jesus of Suburbia, Going to Pasalacqua

It would be so astounding if they went on stage, Billie screamed: "Let me show you what one fucking minute fucking means!" and then they played Song of the Century, See You Tonight and The Ballad of Wilhelm Fink.

Seriously though, I really hope they'd play Dirty Rotten Bastards, it would be something very fun and surprsing at the same time, but it sounds very unlikely. I think they consider the Trilogy to be ended and something that definetely doesn't belong to their induction in the HOF.

I'd go with Basket Case, American Idiot and Good Riddance. Don't know why, but I'd be a bit disappointed if they chose those ones. It would be such a lazy choice.

I was just looking at the set list for past RRHOF induction ceremonies and, in the past, the headliner always got 4 songs. With this induction ceremony, there will be 3 tribute sets, I don't think they will make them the final set. The only one I can see possibly giving it to is SRV and what good is that if SRV isn't on guitar? So, that leaves GD, Joan Jett and Bill Withers. I would have to think that GD would be the final set. I know the article said 3 songs, but maybe they didn't know who would be the final set yet or maybe they are planning on doing JOS.

And who knows if Bill Withers will perform he hasn't performed in years (as far as I know)

My predictions are:

- 2000 Light Years Away: Billie said on Rolling Stone he'd like to play one song from the Lookout! era and this is probably the most famous one from that time since they often play it on shows. It represents well that era. Also, Billie loves it.

- Basket Case: one of the most successful singles of their most successful album.

- American Idiot or Boulevard of Broken Dreams: there will be one song off of AI, for sure. American Idiot represents that album well and it was their "comeback" song but BOBD was the most successful single from the album, the one that made they win a lot of awards and drew so many people into the fanbase.

If there's a 4th song, then it'll be Good Riddance at the end of their set.

If I had to choose three songs that I would like them to perform to prove why they're in the hall (popularity of song, time limit not considered)....then I'd probably go with:

Brutal Love

Jesus of Suburbia

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

I feel like them playing these songs would make skeptics in the crowd think "damn, that's why they're here" which is all I want

I would anticipate a few of Stevie's family members to perform the last set with joan and the other inductees thrown in with the other musicians. His brother i think is still active. I wouldn't be surprised if green day is one of the first to perform.

And who knows if Bill Withers will perform he hasn't performed in years (as far as I know)

I read something somewhere where he said that he is not sure if he will perform at all.

I would anticipate a few of Stevie's family members to perform the last set with joan and the other inductees thrown in with the other musicians. His brother i think is still active. I wouldn't be surprised if green day is one of the first to perform.

I believe the last song is always everyone performing together. But the last set is usually reserved for who is considered the headliner. Last year it was Nirvana, with guest vocalists. I still they will be considered the headliners. They were thought to be a shoo-in.

FOD? Dominated Love Slave? Ha Ha You're Dead? Platypus? Would be a hell of a story.

I'd say it'll be AI, Basket Case and 2,000LYA. But if I had my choice from the early years it'd be One Of My Lies, love that song! Feel a bit dumb predicting it though, these guys surprise me quite often.

Surely they'll have to do a Dookie song and an AI song, their two biggest albums that they still choose to play half of at every show. Basket Case and BOBD I'd guess. Then if they want another massive hit the most obvious choice would be Good Riddance (although then maybe it'd be too much slowness so they'd go with Basket Case, American Idiot and Good Riddance instead). Basically it's most likely to be a combination including their two biggest albums and one slower song I think :lol:, so either that or Basket Case, American Idiot and 21 Guns, or Basket Case, BOBD and Know Your Enemy. Not really expecting any wild cards.

Why does he hate the song?! And where is the interview of which he said it?!?

It was in a kerrang q&a interview in the AI era. They asked what song was the most embarrassing and Billie said 1000 hours because it was so sappy :lol:

I'd love if they played:

1- disappearing boy

2- when I come around

3- homecoming

a girl can dream :P but it'll probably be basket case/time of your life/american idiot.

Welcome to Paradise (This covers The lookout Years & Dookie)

American Idiot

Time of your life or Boulevard of Broken Dreams

If I had to choose three songs that I would like them to perform to prove why they're in the hall (popularity of song, time limit not considered)....then I'd probably go with:

Brutal Love

Jesus of Suburbia

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

I feel like them playing these songs would make skeptics in the crowd think "damn, that's why they're here" which is all I want

That wouldbe amazing!!!

I really hope they don't play BOBD such an overrated song

I hope they do! Every one would be singing along, I'd probably be in tears. That song is the only reason I ever got into Green Day

I hope they do! Every one would be singing along, I'd probably be in tears. That song is the only reason I ever got into Green Day

I just think AI would be more of a bang. I want the three songs to be loud and fast paced, and everyone to be buzzing and going nuts.

Well, guessing what they will play and saying what I'd want them to play... is two different things. :lol:

I'm guessing they'll play KYE, AI or Holiday, and one of singles off Dookie (Welcome to Paradise also being a possibility, to cover early days)

What I'd love them to play... WWHC, Burnout and Holiday. (Keeping in mind that they'll see covering Dookie and AI as a must) Though hearing DRB or Christie Road would also be sweet.

I just think AI would be more of a bang. I want the three songs to be loud and fast paced, and everyone to be buzzing and going nuts.

That song doesn't do much for me. Besides my mom would be singing along to any Dookie or American Idiot song, and that would kinda bother me :P

That song doesn't do much for me. Besides my mom would be singing along to any Dookie or American Idiot song, and that would kinda bother me :P

I think it represents AI the album a bit more than BOBD

I think it represents AI the album a bit more than BOBD

Letterbomb represents the album much more, but they played it there last time :(

Archived