Green Day inducted into the Hall Of Fame

Liam

Stevie Wonder got in at 38. And the new Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist was 32 when they were inducted but I dunno if he counts.

Thanks.

Was that guitarist actually inducted with the band though? I remember watching the Peppers and don't recall any n00bs.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks.

Was that guitarist actually inducted with the band though? I remember watching the Peppers and don't recall any n00bs.

Frusciante was not there.

Wait, so Klinghoffer was actually inducted with the Chili Peppers? Why? Just because he played on a mediocre album? If so then I don't see any reason why Jason shouldn't be inducted with Green Day.

Wait, so Klinghoffer was actually inducted with the Chili Peppers? Why? Just because he played on a mediocre album? If so then I don't see any reason why Jason shouldn't be inducted with Green Day.

The rules are supposed to be that the person had to have played on what is considered a significant recording;. So, since Jason was an official member of the band for 3 mediocre records, you could make a case. :)

The rules are supposed to be that the person had to have played on what is considered a significant recording;. So, since Jason was an official member of the band for 3 mediocre records, you could make a case. :)

Exactly! ?

Sizing up this year’s rock hall class; how you can go to Cleveland ceremony

Let’s dig in to the inductees a bit, shall we?

Green Day: Plenty of folks of a certain age (say, over 40-ish) will roll their eyes derisively at Green Day getting in on the first ballot. But the Berkeley, Calif., trio was the leading light of the ’90s pop-punk explosion. The group’s breakthrough album, Dookie, contained the hits Longview, When I Come Around and Basket Case, and it influenced artists such as Sum 41, Lady Gaga and indie rock sisters Tegan and Sara, while paving the way for other pop-punk-flavored bands such as Blink-182 and No Doubt.

They’ve sold a ton of records, created a hit Broadway show and toured arenas and sheds for a decade. They are the youngest still-active band on the list, and the hall seems to want to have at least one relatively young band with relatively young fans among the inductees.

http://www.ohio.com/news/break-news/malcolm-x-abram-sizing-up-this-year-s-rock-hall-class-how-you-can-go-to-cleveland-ceremony-1.550307

I think that this happens every time some pretty young band is inducted into Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame - there are always some people bitching how this or that band which is older than the band that is inducted should be into Rock and Roll Hall Of fame instead of badn that has been inducted.

+1 if you see what i'm saying.

Was Cj Ramone inducted with the others?

if Kinghoffer was inducted and CJ not it's a big shame

Dee Dee, Joey, Johnny, Marky and Tommy were inducted.

Hey I'm looking for someone to room with in Cleveland. I already have a room just looking for someone to split the cost with. If you're interested please reply!

Do you think there will be official merchandise. I would love a shirt or something to mark the event.

Do you think there will be official merchandise. I would love a shirt or something to mark the event.

At the very least, they'll update their T-shirts with this year's inductees, but I would love an induction ceremony-specific shirt, ia!

Since I am an intern at the Rock Hall hopefully we get free tickets and work that night!! It would be so cool if I work backstage and meet the band!! I'll update when I know what I will be doing for the Inductions.

Since I am an intern at the Rock Hall hopefully we get free tickets and work that night!! It would be so cool if I work backstage and meet the band!! I'll update when I know what I will be doing for the Inductions.

Any chance you can swing a press pass for someone? Asking for a friend. :whistle

Oh congrats - good luck with everything - great score

qbbkknb.jpg?1

MY BODY IS READY :runaround:

Ah my stomach got butterflies reading that & I am a trillion miles away - dam exciting.

I hope your wishes come true. :)

Hey guys, i'm trying to find some people from europe (maybe someone from USA :-)) who's going. i Wanna go but it's a little bit scary to travel alone/
And can anyone explain me how and where i can buy a ticket to ceremony?

Hey guys, i'm trying to find some people from europe (maybe someone from USA :-)) who's going. i Wanna go but it's a little bit scary to travel alone/
And can anyone explain me how and where i can buy a ticket to ceremony?

The tickets were sold out about 30 seconds after they went on sale. But, depending on how much you are willing to spend, you could get a ticket from a scalper. There are a bunch of people going. Look on the Idiot Meet up Thread.

Archived