Green Day inducted into the Hall Of Fame

Liam

What a great thing to wake up too!!! So excited, now tomorrow my fingers will be moving when the sale starts at 10 AM!! Interesting, there are 3 posthumous inductees, leaves more room for them at the induction ceremony! So thrilled for Bill Withers and Stevie Ray Vaughn as well!

Considering the way they come across it wouldn't surprise me if neither John nor Jason were interested in being included (John seems totally disinterested in being associated with the band or recognized for his past contribution to it, and Jason seems humble and disinterested in fame enough that having only played on their most recent trio of albums he might not want to be included). If they're not would there even be a way of knowing if they were offered it and declined it or if they just weren't offered it?

I think there are certain rules about who gets inducted. I'm not 100% sure of them but my guess is that neither one of them were offered. Definitely not John. But I think one of the rules is that you have to appear, as a band member, on a major recording.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy shit I'm crying!!!

I doubt he would want to. No one other than hardcore fans even know who he is.

Doesn't matter it's the fact that they have a rule and they seem to enforce it when it comes to some bands but break it on other bands

It's about the principals with me you can't tell one group only members that was the first release can be inducted and then induct another band with a replacement but refuse a original member

What a great thing to wake up too!!! So excited, now tomorrow my fingers will be moving when the sale starts at 10 AM!! Interesting, there are 3 posthumous inductees, leaves more room for them at the induction ceremony! So thrilled for Bill Withers and Stevie Ray Vaughn as well!

I think there are certain rules about who gets inducted. I'm not 100% sure of them but my guess is that neither one of them were offered. Definitely not John. But I think one of the rules is that you have to appear, as a band member, on a major recording.

Studio recording if it was a major recording they wouldn't be able to join until 2019... As that'd be Dookie...

Studio recording if it was a major recording they wouldn't be able to join until 2019... As that'd be Dookie...

I meant there are rules when a member is included. For example, Tre is included, even though he was not on their first recording but because he was a band member on their major recordings (Dookie, AI, etc). If Jason was considered an official band member on AI or possibly even 21stCB, I think he would be inducted. Since he was not an official band member then, I think he won't be included. I'm not 100% sure though.

Here is another big question, who do we think will induct them???? I'm hoping for some real legend to do it. Maybe Roger Daltrey?

Rolling Stones wastes no time: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/billie-joe-armstrong-green-day-hall-of-fame-induction-20141216

Lmao at all those people who said Nine Inch Nails would make it but not Green Day in the forums.

P.S- HOLY FUCKING SHIT I'M SO EXITED YAYYYYY

Lmao at all those people who said in the forums that Nine Inch Nails would make it but Green Day wont.

I meant there are rules when a member is included. For example, Tre is included, even though he was not on their first recording but because he was a band member on their major recordings (Dookie, AI, etc). If Jason was considered an official band member on AI or possibly even 21stCB, I think he would be inducted. Since he was not an official band member then, I think he won't be included. I'm not 100% sure though.

Here is another big question, who do we think will induct them???? I'm hoping for some real legend to do it. Maybe Roger Daltrey?

Rolling Stones wastes no time: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/billie-joe-armstrong-green-day-hall-of-fame-induction-20141216

Naw Jason wouldn't be inducted even if Billie demanded it...

Eric Carr has been with Kiss over 25 years now has played on over 16 Kiss albums he wasn't allowed to be inducted

Lmao at all those people who said in the forums that Nine Inch Nails would make it but Green Day wont.

Im 75% not shocked that NIN didn't get in 25% kinda curious about it

The 25% cause NIN is basically Trent and with Trent winning Oscars and other stuff I thought they'd get in as well but majority I'm not that shocked they didn't get in just like with NWA

Naw Jason wouldn't be inducted even if Billie demanded it...

Eric Carr has been with Kiss over 25 years now has played on over 16 Kiss albums he wasn't allowed to be inducted

Yes, but Jann Wenner loves Billie and hates Kiss. But, if you read the Rolling Stone article, Billie says that he will be standing at the podium next to Mike and Tre, so Jason does get thrown under the bus! Seriously, I don't think Jason meets the halls requirements for induction.

Im 75% not shocked that NIN didn't get in 25% kinda curious about it

The 25% cause NIN is basically Trent and with Trent winning Oscars and other stuff I thought they'd get in as well but majority I'm not that shocked they didn't get in just like with NWA

I'm 100% happy.

I'm excited to see what they're gonna play. Going to Pasalacqua, Basket Case, Boulevard? Billie said 3 songs and something from the Lookout years?

I'd fucking piss my pants if they played 1000 Hour :lol: that'd be a beautiful way to close the circle since that's what they're in for

Yes, but Jann Wenner loves Billie and hates Kiss. But, if you read the Rolling Stone article, Billie says that he will be standing at the podium next to Mike and Tre, so Jason does get thrown under the bus! Seriously, I don't think Jason meets the halls requirements for induction.

I'm 100% happy.

Yeah but Jann Wenner is just a member he isn't the say all he's not the president of the HOF so doesn't mean much

They told Kiss only the members who were members who performed on the first album was allowed in as that's there rules they've enforced this with other bands as well in the past

So that would mean that even Tre won't be allowed in? It makes sense to make it the people who recorded the first album, as well as all other important members since then, that would include Tre and Jason.

I'm so happy for Green Day! This is such a great honor for them! Now I just have to see about getting tickets...

I'm excited to see what they're gonna play. Going to Pasalacqua, Basket Case, Boulevard? Billie said 3 songs and something from the Lookout years?

I'd fucking piss my pants if they played 1000 Hour :lol: that'd be a beautiful way to close the circle since that's what they're in for

Oh wow! That's such a cool idea! I think sometimes we think of At the Library as the first Green Day song, since it's the first on their first album, but I suppose that honor actually belongs to 1000 Hours! That would be so amazing if they played it!

Yeah but Jann Wenner is just a member he isn't the say all he's not the president of the HOF so doesn't mean much

I know he is only a voting member but I wouldn't doubt that he expects his opinion to count when other voting members make their decisions. Which is probably why he wasn't happy when kiss got in and he has been campaigning for Paul Butterfield for years

So that would mean that even Tre won't be allowed in? It makes sense to make it the people who recorded the first album, as well as all other important members since then, that would include Tre and Jason.

I think tre is fine. I think the rules are they have to appear on an influential recording. Plus billie said that tre would be there.

I think Basket Case is definitely on the list, possibly Holiday as well but as for a song from 1039/Kerplunk, I really couldn't call.

Exactly

I mean I could see why HOF wouldn't induct some of Kiss members who were around a tour or such but someone like Carr who has been their drummer on tour and on albums for the last 25 years should been inducted as well just like Channing should been or at least been offered but to try and say he wasn't a member when he was a member slightly longer than his replacement...

But I'm happy they got in this stuff is my gripe with HOF

They should make a lucky draw out of Dry Ice, 1000 hours, 2000 Light Years away, Going to Pasalaqua, Basket Case, Longview, Good Riddance, When I Come Around, AI, BoBd, WMUWSE, Holiday and 21 Guns.

There are just so many iconic Green Day songs and many songs that are close to their heart so it will be a difficult choice to make while picking 3 songs.

And Billie kind of confirmed that the next album would come out either in late 2015 or 2016. It will surely be out by 2016 because Billie really wants to fucking make it.

AND DID I MENTION THAT I'M REALLY EXITED OMG

Well, I have to say I'm surprised. Not at the induction, but at the fact that Billie went the whole interview without saying "y'know". And as for what they'll play, I'd say AI, Basket Case, and either Going to Pasalacqua or Who Wrote Holden Caulfield?.

They should make a lucky draw out of Dry Ice, 1000 hours, 2000 Light Years away, Going to Pasalaqua, Basket Case, Longview, Good Riddance, When I Come Around, AI, BoBd, WMUWSE, Holiday and 21 Guns.

There are just so many iconic Green Day songs and many songs that are close to their heart so it will be a difficult choice to make while picking 3 songs.

And Billie kind of confirmed that the next album would come out either in late 2015 or 2016. It will surely be out by 2016 because Billie really wants to fucking make it.

AND DID I MENTION THAT I'M REALLY EXITED OMG

Where the hell did he confirm or kind of confirm an album?

Well, I have to say I'm surprised. Not at the induction, but at the fact that Billie went the whole interview without saying "y'know". And as for what they'll play, I'd say AI, Basket Case, and either Going to Pasalacqua or Who Wrote Holden Caulfield?.

They could have edited the Yknow out lol

They could have edited the Yknow out lol

Yeah, that's true. They've probably got a Billie Filter by now that just automatically cuts it to save time.

Yeah, that's true. They've probably got a Billie Filter by now that just automatically cuts it to save time.

It'd be a easy 3 pager if it had the Yknow in it still lol

Archived