Green Day inducted into the Hall Of Fame

Liam

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So proud of the guys! Photos look amazing! Cant wait to see a recording of the show!

bBnZGKm.jpg

joeymarmstrong AMAZING night. thank you so much to everybody who has support my family. this truly means the world. and Tre and I both got used sticks from Ringo... life made. thank you thank you thank you.

pGLmmCA.jpg

jkb_danger Congrats dad, I love you so much.

8fcGtuB.jpg

I never use the word epic but that's all tonight was. An epic night of love and music for everyone in the Green Day world I laughed, I cried and I'm so happy and proud of them; Billie, Mikey and Tré are my heroes :wub: I'll remember this awesome moment forever :happy:

Good night everybody! :)

I had admittedly not listened to Green Day in like several months before this weekend, but stuff like this just always reminds me of how incredible they are. So damn proud of them and they'll always be my favorite band of all time.

I just got home from the Inductions. I can't process what I've experienced over the last 72 hours between the House of Blues show and now this. My observations:

-I really didn't expect Green Day to be the 4th member of the show. I thought they'd be the second to last group/artist right before Ringo.

-I cried. I couldn't help it and I'm not ashamed. Tre was hilarious, Mike was hilarious and Billie was so fucking humble. They were all wonderful. Billie fought off tears the entire time.

-They sounded so fucking great when they played. When I Come Around was awesome. Again, tears.

-Bill Withers is hilarious

-Mike looked like he was having the greatest fucking time of his life. I was watching him when they were sitting at their table. There was something really special about seeing him sing along to "Lean On Me" He was having a blast. Brittney was too.

-Green Day backed Ringo. GREEN DAY BACKED RINGO. Amazing.

It was incredible. I saw half of The Beatles tonight as well as my idols go down in rock history. I don't want to come down from this emotional level I'm at right now.

we met jeff matika and tim armstrong and rob cavallo and kind of bob gruen and bill schneider and billie said hi bye!!!

we met jeff matika and tim armstrong and rob cavallo and kind of bob gruen and bill schneider and billie said hi bye!!!

Where at? That's awesome!

They really looked so happy, God I feel so proud, like a mom watching her kids on their graduation day or something like that hehe :wub:

Where at? That's awesome!

we happened to walk by their hotel! got pictures with tim and rob cavollo, they were both unbelievably fucking cool and nice.

Did Bill Withers perform??

He came on for the end of Lean On Me.

we happened to walk by their hotel! got pictures with tim and rob cavollo, they were both unbelievably fucking cool and nice.

That's awesome. Were they at the Ritz?

I absolutely adore how awestruck Billie seems by the whole thing.

I absolutely adore how awestruck Billie seems by the whole thing.

So when you say he fought back tears, did he actually cry, like was there ever a tear drop running down his face or could you just hear it in his voice and see tears in his eyes?

So when you say he fought back tears, did he actually cry, like was there ever a tear drop running down his face or could you just hear it in his voice and see tears in his eyes?

Nah, he just got choked up a bit when talking about his love for Adrienne. He was certainly humbled, though.

Archived