Green Day inducted into the Hall Of Fame

Liam

Based off of these two photos it's just the boys and Ringo!! Jam session will come soon enough!!

duK3i0W.jpg

SOeDtYj.jpg

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YOU TOTALLY INTENDED IT

Seriously though. There's no way to describe that smile.

Based off of these two photos it's just the boys and Ringo!! Jam session will come soon enough!!

duK3i0W.jpg

SOeDtYj.jpg

Awesome!! And Tré got to play as well! :D

Text of all the guys speeches from Rolling Stone

Tré Cool:
Well, thank you Fall Out Boy, that fucking made me tear up a few times. And thank all you fuckers, coming here, we love you. They don't let drummers use teleprompters, so I wrote this shit old school, on a fucking typewriter. No, actually. OK, but music is the force that gets us up in the morning, and it's also the shit that keeps us up all night. We're all in this room together to celebrate music and it's a beautiful thing. It's overwhelming, the amount of talent and love in the room. It's overwhelming.
When we're on tour in our yellow Ford Econoline, we were playing punk clubs, squats, backyard parties, we were screen-printing T-shirts on Billie Joe's guitar case. Sleeping on floors, couches, wherever we could. I didn't think back then that we'd be here now, in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I thought it would take at least take another year or two. But we grow older, we change, and we get weird, weirder, crazier. It's awesome. We grow together. With every beat of the drum our love of music gets even stronger, and being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is an enormous honor and I'd like to mention a few people who make my crazy world turn around.
My beautiful wife, Sara Rose. Ramona and Frankie, my kids. My mom and dad Frank and Linda. My sister Lori, who actually brought music into our home at an early age, and I love you all. Of course, Billie and Mike, I love you guys. . . Larry Livermore, who gave me the name Tré Cool when I was a wee lad of 11 or 12, and I fought him as far as I could on that, but I fucking stuck with it. I'm in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame now. . .
And I owe so much to my favorite drummers: Ringo Starr. Keith Moon, John Bonham, Mitch Mitchell, Charlie Watts, Buddy Rich, John Wright from No Means No, Alex Van Halen, Dave Mello, Aaron Elliott, Al Schvitz, and extra special thanks to my good buddy and drummer extraordinaire John Kiffmeyer, right over there. And of course to the Green Day Idiot Nation, thank you, we love you.
Mike Dirnt:
I've got a couple of things, no particular order. First and foremost, I also have a mom who gave me a guitar, a little pawn-shop bass, and it only had two strings on it, but luckily for me they were A and E. I'd like to thank radio. I'm a big fan of radio, I like good radio shows. I hate commercials, but I love good radio shows. There's something about a radio show that we're listening to, we're all connected, and it's that human connection that's always resonated. Lawrence Livermore, you created Lookout Records. You started a small record label for all the right reasons and you gave a home to a lot of bands, and for that I want to thank you. Huge thank you to all the kids who booked us in backyards, in Europe, all the people who booked us in clubs and squats, and to the hundreds of people whose floors you let us sleep on, thank you very much. Those were life-changing experiences and I wouldn't trade them for the world.
Randomly, I would like to thank Ford motor company, for creating the Ford Econoline van, the best damn van any smelly touring band could have.
Reprise Records, thank you guys. All of you guys, no matter what era you were there. Brian Bumbery, Jenna Adler. . . you guys have been with us a very long time. And even longer, Pat Magnarella, our manger. Pat, you have very thick skin, you're very patient, nobody in the world would have let us be ourselves the way you have. We truly appreciate you. To Michael Mayer and everybody involved with the American Idiot stage production. This is as close as we'll ever get to seeing Green Day live.
I want to thank our friends and family at home for allowing us to be gone so much of our lives and still being there for us. It meant a lot to us over the years and still really does, thank you. To the Armstrong family, I want to thank you guys for taking me in as a kid, figuratively and literally. Thanks for letting me live with you. To my amazing wife, Brittney, you're a wonderful mother. You kicked cancer's ass last year. To my children, Estelle, my little daughter, my son Brixton at home and my daughter Ryan at home, I love you guys and each one of you is my entire world. Wrapping it up here. To every one of our fans and the Green Day Nation, this is much more about you guys than it is about me and I'm very proud to share this life on Earth with you.
Last but not least: to my two brothers behind me onstage here. Believe me, it's been way too many years to want to count. I love you guys, I'll see you at band practice.
Billie Joe Armstrong:
I'm at a loss for words right now. The gratitude that I feel right now is overwhelming, and I didn't really want to prepare for something like this, so I didn't. I couldn't really write a speech so I'm going to make it up off the top of my head with a few talking points.
First, I just want to thank my family, my boys, Jakob and Joey. And Adrienne, I love you. It's a rare thing, this crazy rock world, and I love you so much, you're the best. I gotta thank my mom, Ollie Louise Armstrong, she's from Oklahoma. You and dad had six kids, I'm the youngest one, and my house — the one thing that I am so grateful for is all of the music that was in our house. My oldest brother Alan, first he had the Beatles and the Stones and the Kinks. We used to come to his house and sleep over there and we'd watch Showtime at night, and I'd watch Alice Cooper at 12 o'clock, it was a good time to watch it. And my sister Marci who's pretty much the first person who showed me Elvis Presley for the first time. And my sister Hollie was like Kool and the Gang. And my sister Anna who basically, that record collection you had turned my world inside out. Thank you so much. If anything, it's a lot of people here right now. It's like my record collection is actually sitting in this room.
The fact that I got to hear an album like Horses by Patti Smith . . . my brother David, we listened to Led Zeppelin and Van Halen and Mötley Crüe, and Cheap Trick, and Pyromania by Def Leppard, and a few others that hopefully will be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame soon. My house was like Rock and Roll High School. Literally, it was nuts. All my friends would come over to my house and say, where do you smoke weed at? The Armstrong house. No, that didn't happen.
My bandmates, Mike, me and Mike got together, our school district went bankrupt, so they closed down the junior high and combined two elementary schools. So he went to one elementary and I went to the other, we used to have to take the bus out there. First day of elementary school, I think in fifth grade, I was like the class clown, but Mike was like the class clown, so it was kind of like these dueling banjos that was going to go back and forth. What you get is Deliverance. Mike is my musical soulmate and I love you so much and we've been through everything together, and I thank you for everything – your friendship, your family. I love you. And I met Tré, was playing with his band called the Lookouts, and they had this really young drummer, it's back when he was wearing an old lady shower cap and a tutu. And so that's the first time I saw Tré, and I was like . . . and then, I don't know, as the years we went by we got to know each other. Just seeing him at shows and things like that, and he joined the band, and I don't know, it was just amazing. Amazing drummer. One of my favorite drummers of all time. If there is one instrument that I love to hear, and it's because my father was a jazz drummer, my brother is a drummer and my uncle is a drummer, I'm the oddball. But Tré is just phenomenal, and just pushes and he's the most dangerous drummer on the planet.
And there was this backyard party that Sweet Children played, and the kid that was filling in at the time, me and Mike were looking for a drummer, and this guy was in this crazy band, his name is John Kiffmeyer, and he's a couple of years older and at the time he was a veteran in that community. John, thank you. Thank you so much. I love you and God bless your family.
I don't know, when I say Lookout Records, it's so rare to get to have an independent label that's putting out bands that are in a scene, a place like Gilman Street where we come from. They were putting out my favorite records at the time – Crimpshrine, Operation Ivy. Tim Armstrong, I love you brother.
So, yeah, we had this gig that John booked, and it was going to be on top of this mountain in Mendocino, so we tried to book there, we were supposed to play with the Lookouts. Tré booked the show, so we drove all the way to the top of this mountain, and we played this cabin that didn't have a roof or electricity. Now, how the hell are you supposed to have a gig, I have no idea, but they got some generators, and we plugged in. That's where we really met the Larry Livermore for the first time, and, Larry, you've been so great to us. Thank you so much. You opened your door, and thank you. For kids like us and other kids playing in rock & roll bands that have that independent spirit. . .It's just great. Thank you so much.
I'd also like to thank everyone that worked at Lookout Records like David Hayes, Chris Appelgren and Patrick Hynes, which leads me to all the people at Reprise. Thank you so much. I have to say we've had a great experience there. We've been there for 20 years. Thank you so much for everyone that worked in the mailroom to those who go out trying to find bands. What a thankless job. And everybody over there.
But most of all, I have to thank Rob Cavallo. We've only worked with two producers our entire career, and Butch Vig did one record, so thank you, Butch. Rob, he did all of them. So thank you so much, and I really feel like you're a brother. We're kindred spirits in the fact that we can sit around and play songs all day long together, and to speak in that language I just love to talk about it with you. And we'll talk about it later. Thank you, Rob.
Pat Magnarella, you are a brave man. You're our manager. I want to apologize for the hotel rooms. I want to apologize for Tré's drum sets catching on fire. I want to… Thanks for rehab! And thanks for doing those talks we were not capable of doing. Thanks a lot. I love you.
And in closing. So we come from this place called Gilman Street. It's a club. It's in Berkeley. We are so fortunate to be able to play there because it's all-ages and it was non-profit. It was just all of these goof balls. It was like Romper Room for degenerates. It was so great. And what a great scene. We got to watch our friends' bands, and they got to watch us play, and they got to heckle us. We tried to heckle back, but they had one better. So, then I got to see Operation Ivy, and I got to see Crimpshrine, and I got to see Sewer Trout, Nasal Sex. These far out there bands. I'm truly fortunate. You know, I've always loved rock & roll music. I always have. Soon as I opened my eyes and took my first breath, I'm a fan. And that's the one thing that I'm going to close with is that I love rock & roll.

I'm just going to say that I think Billie looks badass in his outfit especially when he was playing the House of Blues in it. I'm just one for tuxedos.

Well, I guessed When I Come Around. and American Idiot is a good representation of what they are all about. With Green Day, it's just so dang hard to narrow it down to three songs, but they really did well. All three were huge hits for them and all three are older songs now, so it was a good balance. Older songs, but ones that everybody knows.

Text of all the guys speeches from Rolling Stone

Tré Cool:

Well, thank you Fall Out Boy, that fucking made me tear up a few times. And thank all you fuckers, coming here, we love you. They don't let drummers use teleprompters, so I wrote this shit old school, on a fucking typewriter. No, actually. OK, but music is the force that gets us up in the morning, and it's also the shit that keeps us up all night. We're all in this room together to celebrate music and it's a beautiful thing. It's overwhelming, the amount of talent and love in the room. It's overwhelming.

When we're on tour in our yellow Ford Econoline, we were playing punk clubs, squats, backyard parties, we were screen-printing T-shirts on Billie Joe's guitar case. Sleeping on floors, couches, wherever we could. I didn't think back then that we'd be here now, in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I thought it would take at least take another year or two. But we grow older, we change, and we get weird, weirder, crazier. It's awesome. We grow together. With every beat of the drum our love of music gets even stronger, and being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is an enormous honor and I'd like to mention a few people who make my crazy world turn around.

My beautiful wife, Sara Rose. Ramona and Frankie, my kids. My mom and dad Frank and Linda. My sister Lori, who actually brought music into our home at an early age, and I love you all. Of course, Billie and Mike, I love you guys. . . Larry Livermore, who gave me the name Tré Cool when I was a wee lad of 11 or 12, and I fought him as far as I could on that, but I fucking stuck with it. I'm in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame now. . .

And I owe so much to my favorite drummers: Ringo Starr. Keith Moon, John Bonham, Mitch Mitchell, Charlie Watts, Buddy Rich, John Wright from No Means No, Alex Van Halen, Dave Mello, Aaron Elliott, Al Schvitz, and extra special thanks to my good buddy and drummer extraordinaire John Kiffmeyer, right over there. And of course to the Green Day Idiot Nation, thank you, we love you.

Mike Dirnt:

I've got a couple of things, no particular order. First and foremost, I also have a mom who gave me a guitar, a little pawn-shop bass, and it only had two strings on it, but luckily for me they were A and E. I'd like to thank radio. I'm a big fan of radio, I like good radio shows. I hate commercials, but I love good radio shows. There's something about a radio show that we're listening to, we're all connected, and it's that human connection that's always resonated. Lawrence Livermore, you created Lookout Records. You started a small record label for all the right reasons and you gave a home to a lot of bands, and for that I want to thank you. Huge thank you to all the kids who booked us in backyards, in Europe, all the people who booked us in clubs and squats, and to the hundreds of people whose floors you let us sleep on, thank you very much. Those were life-changing experiences and I wouldn't trade them for the world.

Randomly, I would like to thank Ford motor company, for creating the Ford Econoline van, the best damn van any smelly touring band could have.

Reprise Records, thank you guys. All of you guys, no matter what era you were there. Brian Bumbery, Jenna Adler. . . you guys have been with us a very long time. And even longer, Pat Magnarella, our manger. Pat, you have very thick skin, you're very patient, nobody in the world would have let us be ourselves the way you have. We truly appreciate you. To Michael Mayer and everybody involved with the American Idiot stage production. This is as close as we'll ever get to seeing Green Day live.

I want to thank our friends and family at home for allowing us to be gone so much of our lives and still being there for us. It meant a lot to us over the years and still really does, thank you. To the Armstrong family, I want to thank you guys for taking me in as a kid, figuratively and literally. Thanks for letting me live with you. To my amazing wife, Brittney, you're a wonderful mother. You kicked cancer's ass last year. To my children, Estelle, my little daughter, my son Brixton at home and my daughter Ryan at home, I love you guys and each one of you is my entire world. Wrapping it up here. To every one of our fans and the Green Day Nation, this is much more about you guys than it is about me and I'm very proud to share this life on Earth with you.

Last but not least: to my two brothers behind me onstage here. Believe me, it's been way too many years to want to count. I love you guys, I'll see you at band practice.

Billie Joe Armstrong:

I'm at a loss for words right now. The gratitude that I feel right now is overwhelming, and I didn't really want to prepare for something like this, so I didn't. I couldn't really write a speech so I'm going to make it up off the top of my head with a few talking points.

First, I just want to thank my family, my boys, Jakob and Joey. And Adrienne, I love you. It's a rare thing, this crazy rock world, and I love you so much, you're the best. I gotta thank my mom, Ollie Louise Armstrong, she's from Oklahoma. You and dad had six kids, I'm the youngest one, and my house — the one thing that I am so grateful for is all of the music that was in our house. My oldest brother Alan, first he had the Beatles and the Stones and the Kinks. We used to come to his house and sleep over there and we'd watch Showtime at night, and I'd watch Alice Cooper at 12 o'clock, it was a good time to watch it. And my sister Marci who's pretty much the first person who showed me Elvis Presley for the first time. And my sister Hollie was like Kool and the Gang. And my sister Anna who basically, that record collection you had turned my world inside out. Thank you so much. If anything, it's a lot of people here right now. It's like my record collection is actually sitting in this room.

The fact that I got to hear an album like Horses by Patti Smith . . . my brother David, we listened to Led Zeppelin and Van Halen and Mötley Crüe, and Cheap Trick, and Pyromania by Def Leppard, and a few others that hopefully will be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame soon. My house was like Rock and Roll High School. Literally, it was nuts. All my friends would come over to my house and say, where do you smoke weed at? The Armstrong house. No, that didn't happen.

My bandmates, Mike, me and Mike got together, our school district went bankrupt, so they closed down the junior high and combined two elementary schools. So he went to one elementary and I went to the other, we used to have to take the bus out there. First day of elementary school, I think in fifth grade, I was like the class clown, but Mike was like the class clown, so it was kind of like these dueling banjos that was going to go back and forth. What you get is Deliverance. Mike is my musical soulmate and I love you so much and we've been through everything together, and I thank you for everything – your friendship, your family. I love you. And I met Tré, was playing with his band called the Lookouts, and they had this really young drummer, it's back when he was wearing an old lady shower cap and a tutu. And so that's the first time I saw Tré, and I was like . . . and then, I don't know, as the years we went by we got to know each other. Just seeing him at shows and things like that, and he joined the band, and I don't know, it was just amazing. Amazing drummer. One of my favorite drummers of all time. If there is one instrument that I love to hear, and it's because my father was a jazz drummer, my brother is a drummer and my uncle is a drummer, I'm the oddball. But Tré is just phenomenal, and just pushes and he's the most dangerous drummer on the planet.

And there was this backyard party that Sweet Children played, and the kid that was filling in at the time, me and Mike were looking for a drummer, and this guy was in this crazy band, his name is John Kiffmeyer, and he's a couple of years older and at the time he was a veteran in that community. John, thank you. Thank you so much. I love you and God bless your family.

I don't know, when I say Lookout Records, it's so rare to get to have an independent label that's putting out bands that are in a scene, a place like Gilman Street where we come from. They were putting out my favorite records at the time – Crimpshrine, Operation Ivy. Tim Armstrong, I love you brother.

So, yeah, we had this gig that John booked, and it was going to be on top of this mountain in Mendocino, so we tried to book there, we were supposed to play with the Lookouts. Tré booked the show, so we drove all the way to the top of this mountain, and we played this cabin that didn't have a roof or electricity. Now, how the hell are you supposed to have a gig, I have no idea, but they got some generators, and we plugged in. That's where we really met the Larry Livermore for the first time, and, Larry, you've been so great to us. Thank you so much. You opened your door, and thank you. For kids like us and other kids playing in rock & roll bands that have that independent spirit. . .It's just great. Thank you so much.

I'd also like to thank everyone that worked at Lookout Records like David Hayes, Chris Appelgren and Patrick Hynes, which leads me to all the people at Reprise. Thank you so much. I have to say we've had a great experience there. We've been there for 20 years. Thank you so much for everyone that worked in the mailroom to those who go out trying to find bands. What a thankless job. And everybody over there.

But most of all, I have to thank Rob Cavallo. We've only worked with two producers our entire career, and Butch Vig did one record, so thank you, Butch. Rob, he did all of them. So thank you so much, and I really feel like you're a brother. We're kindred spirits in the fact that we can sit around and play songs all day long together, and to speak in that language I just love to talk about it with you. And we'll talk about it later. Thank you, Rob.

Pat Magnarella, you are a brave man. You're our manager. I want to apologize for the hotel rooms. I want to apologize for Tré's drum sets catching on fire. I want to… Thanks for rehab! And thanks for doing those talks we were not capable of doing. Thanks a lot. I love you.

And in closing. So we come from this place called Gilman Street. It's a club. It's in Berkeley. We are so fortunate to be able to play there because it's all-ages and it was non-profit. It was just all of these goof balls. It was like Romper Room for degenerates. It was so great. And what a great scene. We got to watch our friends' bands, and they got to watch us play, and they got to heckle us. We tried to heckle back, but they had one better. So, then I got to see Operation Ivy, and I got to see Crimpshrine, and I got to see Sewer Trout, Nasal Sex. These far out there bands. I'm truly fortunate. You know, I've always loved rock & roll music. I always have. Soon as I opened my eyes and took my first breath, I'm a fan. And that's the one thing that I'm going to close with is that I love rock & roll.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/green-day-thank-vans-fans-rock-roll-at-hall-of-fame-read-the-speech-20150418

already been posted :P

cried the entire time. Lol Still enjoying Ringo but my goodness tonight was one to remember.

It's almost 2 am here and I wanna sleep but I also wanna stay and..--- :sleep:

I can upload the video I have on youtube of the performance but it's not complete.

Sure! that'd be good :happy: a little bit to watch until the airing on hbo

already been posted :P

doh...stupid slow computer and rolling stone site freezing/refreshing!! :lol::lol:

Alright y'all, I'm off. Twas amazing to be a part of one of the greatest moments for the boys!

After another long break, Paul McCartney comes out for a rendition of the Beatles' "With a Little Help from My Friends" and "I Wanna Be Your Man," joined by all the presenters and performers.

Wait Tre thanked his replacement?? Very gracious of you Tre :lol:

Thanks for going to college, bro! ;)

Wait Tre thanked his replacement?? Very gracious of you Tre :lol:

Dave thanked Chad "for allowing me to play your parts on Nevermind" last year at Nirvanas induction

Drummers are classy folks it seems

Archived