Green Day inducted into the Hall Of Fame

Liam

wooooooow...i just checked the newest posts on instagram yesterday and one of the first posts (of a fan) said that Green Day were inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame...i read it twice to be sure that i understood it correctly :lol: afterwards i scrolled down and saw some posts of the band itself and just started to scream and laugh and was so damn happy :dance: ...and i was shopping btw so yeaah some people did stare at me, i guess...i'm just not quite sure, cos i didn't care for that at all :lol: the rest of the day totally sucked, so the first thing i said (after "Mommy, mommy...Green Day are in the rock n roll hall of fame!!") was "finally something positive this day!!!" so thanks to everyone who voted for them, cos you're the reason why i almost got a heart attack - but in a positive way ;) and (if you read this) thanks to Green Day for being so awesome and CONGRATULATIONS!!! :happy:

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This might be a stupid question, but I normally don't keep up with the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. I'm wondering if the ceremony will be on TV for those that can't make it?

This might be a stupid question, but I normally don't keep up with the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. I'm wondering if the ceremony will be on TV for those that can't make it?

It is broadcast on HBO

It will be on HBO mid May or something. :D

as some said: HBO...plus there'll most probably be videos of the important parts on youtube some time afterwards for those who can't see it on HBO ;)

Yeah I'm sure that there will be a performance on YouTube, there always is

In some cases, only crummy bootlegs.

At 1:10 she talks about Green Day

World News Tonight ‏@WNTonight 22h22 hours ago

You're about to feel old. Do you know what band got inducted into the #RockHall2015? #Facecast http://on.fb.me/1zoeNa8

B5AcqvKCcAAYrKb.jpg

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a mess: Why does the induction committee have such bad taste?

The next round of Hall of Fame inductees have been chosen, and they are questionable, to say the least

But this year, Green Day — who, you know, are pretty proficient — beat out NWA, pioneers of West Coast style and gangsta rap, not to mention Nine Inch Nails. What makes Green Day more deserving of a Hall of Fame membership than the Smiths, who were also nominated? Nobody knows.

http://www.salon.com/2014/12/16/the_rock_and_roll_hall_of_fame_is_a_mess_why_does_the_induction_committee_have_such_bad_taste/

Thanks for sharing these.

As for the article, I'm, not sure why is the writer so butthurt - picking at Green Day and Nirvana for not being "influential enough" (like Beatles were) to belong there... Uh, I'm pretty sure they are influential enough.

Yeah, we don't actually have a full HD version of Green Day inducting GNR, so this footage is actually hard to come by. I'm still dying for a youtube video of Billie singing Mr. Brownstone with Guns n Roses last year (there aren't any good versions I have found). Someone here needs to properly record the HBO broadcast, but sadly even that is edited down (and not broadcast live) so it will be missing footage from both the induction speech itself and probably the performances too :( To get the full experience we really do rely on shitty audience recordings....

I had to watch the Beastie Boys be inducted via crummy bootleg on YouTube. That was it.

I wish they would stream the ceremony live on their website!

Yeah but that'd violate their contract with HBO

I think it's awesome that they're being inducted. If Nirvana was inducted, there's no reason why Green Day shouldn't be as well.

Yeah but that'd violate their contract with HBO

Trying to work out the above posts -so hbo will televise the entire ceremony - speeches, songs etc sometime in May??

Trying to work out the above posts -so hbo will televise the entire ceremony - speeches, songs etc sometime in May??

They air a 3 hour version of it they show the performances and the speech not sure about the inducters portion of the event

I'm a proud Green Day fan because of this! I clearly remember watching a clip of them performing at The Ramones' induction many years ago, and thinking something like "I wonder if Green Day will be inducted sometime when I'm a wannabe-rocker-dad in my late 30s or 40s, and my kids will laugh at me for liking such an old band." I didn't know about the 25 year eligibility back then, so it happened a little before I anticipated I must say.

Paul McCartney was on the Daily Show and talked about how he'll be there for Ringo, and I just think it's so cool that Paul will be there that night, even if he has zero public interaction with the band :lol: IDK, it just makes me proud :D

You guys, I GOT MY TICKET TODAY! "I'M SO FUCKING HAPPY I COULD CRY."

AHH ME TOO!! :runaround: Where are your seats? I'm sitting in section 30.

AHH ME TOO!! :runaround: Where are your seats? I'm sitting in section 30.

Section 11 Row E Seat 5

Archived