Green Day inducted into the Hall Of Fame

Liam

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For what it's worth, I'm just going to throw it out there.

I have met some exceptionally awesome people on this forum, people who share as large of a passion for Green Day as I do. I would totes love to meet up with you guys sometime in the future for shows because I can't possibly imagine as great of a time.

Jeff should have given an acceptance speech tbh

I'm surprised he didn't unnecessarily harmonise Billie's speech.

RBS, I love you man. That made me laugh fucking hard.

we're still laughing at it :lol: my sides hurt

I'm surprised he didn't unnecessarily harmonise Billie's speech.

while he jumps up and down

I'm honestly hoping there isn't a noise curfew because I think they're running behind and I hope they don't cut Boys

CLEVELAND, Ohio - It can be a strange and fantastic thing to see rock stars humbled. But that's exactly where the members of Green Day found themselves on Saturday night.

Billie Joe Amstrong, Mike Dirnt and Tre Cool felt truly honored to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, each delivering moving speeches. But not without a little humor first:

"I'd like to thank the Ford Motor Company for creating the Ford Econoline, the best damn touring van a band could ask for," joked bassist Mike Dirnt.

Before Dirnt and his bandmates spoke, Fall Out Boy inducted Green Day. The pop-punk band gave Green Day credit for bringing a new era of punk rock to the mainstream.

"Without Green Day, there's no us," said Patrick Stump of Fall Out Boy, in inducting the band. "All of these bands that had really big success on radio, they really kicked in the door for us."

Once Green Day hit the stage, things got emotional.

Armstrong began to tear up when thanking his wife for her support. He also thanked his mother for raising him as the youngest of six kids.

"My record collection is actually sitting in this room," Armstrong said of seeing his idols like Paul McCartney and Patti Smith.

Armstrong met Cool at a show for Cool's previous band, before eventually bringing him on board the Green Day rollercoaster ("He's the most dangerous drummer on the planet," Armstrong said).

Dirnt and Armstrong, in particular, have a close bond, They've known each other since elementary school.

"Mike, you are my musical soul mate," Armstrong said. "I love you so much and I thank you so much for your friendship."

Armstrong also pointed out John Kiffmeyer, the drummer of Sweet Children (Green Day before Green Day), who performed with the band during its House of Blues show in Cleveland. The same goes for Operation Ivy's Tim Armstrong, who was in attendance both on Saturday, as well as Thursday.

If there is an unofficial member of Green Day, it is Rob Cavallo. The brilliant producer worked on almost all of Green Day's records. Armstrong called Cavallo a kindred spirit.

"I love rock and roll and I love it for the rest of my life," Armstrong said, closing out the speeches.

Green Day then hit the stage, opening their set with a riotous version of "American Idiot." The band followed that up with "When I Come Around," its big single from "Dookie."

Last up was "Basket Case" and its unmistakeable opening question: "Do you have the time to listen to me whine...?" The 1990s' brand of punk-rock has taken over the Rock Hall.

I'm honestly hoping there isn't a noise curfew because I think they're running behind and I hope they don't cut Boys

Billie Joe won't let that happen if he has anything to do with it.

The 5 Royales

Chicken Royale

Chicken Royale with cheese

Sweet Chilli Chicken Royale
Veggie Chicken Royale
Jim Royale

No one is paying attention anymore. It's kinda awkward.

Green Day's the main attraction.

I think this one was my favorite quote:

"Thank you guys, no matter what era you were there!" :wub:

I wish someone tell us who said it!

Chicken Royale

Chicken Royale with cheese

Sweet Chilli Chicken Royale
Veggie Chicken Royale
Jim Royale

THE PLAIN BEEF ROYALE LEFT THE BAND? WAS THAT THE ANNOUNCEMENT?

green day is like the person you don't wanna pass just after in school presentation because they were good

The only thing I could ever possibly want now is Green Day playing with (what's left of :() The Beatles. Please just do me this favor and let this happen.

Mike

I thought it was Mike.

"Thank you guys, no matter what era you were there!"

or the one i dont remember exaclty but mike said; this is not about us right now this is all about you fans

:wub:

I'm just sitting here in stunned silence. I'm so overwhelmed by this whole evening (and week). What a great band and group of men they are. So happy to share this experience here with all of you.

GREEN DAY IS JUST LIKE ROYALE - THE RIGHT SIZE AND PREPARED JUST FOR YOU.

;)

Archived