Green Day inducted into the Hall Of Fame

Liam

Then they should sing another one from AI.

They are RnR hall of famers now..they don't need permission to play anything :P (not that they ever needed it) They do what they want !

no offence, but some fans can't give em a break...even in a moment like this

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Renz Gio Evangelista ‏@giodude29 47 sil y a 47 secondes Voir la traduction
Dookie made it all possible #RockHall2015 #GreenDay

I hope she doesn't get suspended again :(

#outlaws2015 #ihavenoideawhatthatmeans

There's no fucking announcement guys, focus on how amazing this night is for them instead

A summary of quotes, because http://www.underthegunreview.net/ already have them in a single place.

9:56 p.m.

It’s the point in the night where Green Day are introduced by Fall OUt Boy. Two of the most recognizable and ground breaking rock and punk bands of a generation are coming together — like a student honoring the teacher. An inspiring moment for punk, pop punk, and general lovers of modern rock music.

“[sic] The other kids had Guns ‘N’ Roses and Nirvana and I found that stuff later,” said Fall out Boy frontman Patrick Stump on Green Day’s Dookie. “But this…this was mine.”

Stump and Wentz both praised Green Day both for their musical prowess and punk rock ethics. They praised them individually, they praised them as a whole.

“Great bands feed on the strength of the collective,” Stump said. “With Green Day, every sound that comes out of those three guys is just as important to the fans.”

Tre Cool was the first of the punk rock trio to take the microphone.

“Thank you fuckers!” he exclaimed, sporting green, slicked-back hair. “It’s overwhelming, the amount of love and talent in the room.”

He also told a story of when the band first started out, touring in a yellow Ford Ecnoline, called “The Tooth,” and how he believed he never thought his band would come this far.

“I feel like I’m in line at the DMV or something,” said frontman Billie Joe Armstrong as he came to stage, poking fun at the length of his bandmates speech.

It’s this type of comment that makes Green Day such a memorable and relatable act over the last 25 years.

“I couldn’t really write a speech so I’m going to make it up off the top of my head,” Armstrong confessed. ”

Armstrong then thanked families and friends — including his mother, wife, children and long-time producer Rob Cavallo.

“It’s like my record collection is actually sitting in this room,” he said, emotionally. “I love rock ‘n’ roll and I will love it for the rest of my life.”

Fall Out boy enters the press room to discuss Green Day’s legacy and the idea of punk rock.

“Without Green Day, there’s no us, there’s no blink-182, there’s no New Found Glory, there’s no Paramore,” Stump said.

Green Day then took the stage — after a long, silent pause — and absolutely tore down the city of Cleveland. There’s nothing more punk rock than a band playing a song like “American Idiot,” in suits after getting the highest honor in your career. They toyed with the crowd, they were loud, they were in your face. Green Day was everything the Rock Hall needed from the band of an entire generation.

After “American Idiot” came When I Come Around,” and the place was as ecstatic as if the band were back at Cleveland’s house of Blues — where they performed last Thursday night. Legendary photos of the band, from Armstrong’s bleach-blonde days of the ’90s to the “American Idiot” era of mascara, flew across the screens during the performances.

The band closed their electric performance with “Basket Case.”

If for nothing else, tune into HBO on May 30 to watch Green Day do what they do best — tear it up.

Did they say what the big announcement was?? Or was it just nothing?

It was the live stream, as it was expected.

Everyone was so into it. And now everyone is leaving. Hahahahaha.

This band though.

:hi:

what does this one mean? sorry im not emoji hip

no nothing

Ah ok I was just hearing from everything that their might be one. Thanks

FOR THE LAST FUCKING TIME THERE WAS NO FUCKING ANNOUNCEMENT. FOR FUCK'S SAKE YOU MUTANTS.

what was the announcement tho

no joke but you guys just gave me most than 400 reps in like 40 mins or so???? this is epic ahah

FOR THE LAST FUCKING TIME THERE WAS NO FUCKING ANNOUNCEMENT. FOR FUCK'S SAKE YOU MUTANTS.

wait i missed it, what was the announcement?

Archived