Green Day inducted into the Hall Of Fame

Liam

So excited and proud! And like someone else said earlier, just them being in Ohio is going to be awesome! I'm hoping I can get some tickets, but I'm just so happy for Green Day!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's so great and i'm happy for them!! i'm kinda sad because i had some expectations of writing next year but probably not happening soon.

but i can't wait to watch them live it's been a long time.

Can you explain why Kiss Eagles And countless other bands only was allowed original line up but Nirvana was refused to let Chad in by them saying Chad wasn't a full member? By then you don't even know the simple rules... And don't say well rules change kiss was same year as Nirvana and considering you don't know the rules themselves clearly you have ZERO right to say rules changed

Dude you couldn't not have Dave Grohl there. He's so cool and popular and everyone loves him! He's the most awesome rockstar on the planet! He's Dave Grohl man! Everyone worship Dave Grohl!

Dude you couldn't not have Dave Grohl there. He's so cool and popular and everyone loves him! He's the most awesome rockstar on the planet! He's Dave Grohl man! Everyone worship Dave Grohl!

Lol oh I have nothing against Dave at all

Lol oh I have nothing against Dave at all

Me neither, I was just taking the piss. They obviously thought that Dave was just too famous to not be allowed on the podium. Plus Dave and Kurt are the only Nirvana members that most people know, nevermind Krist and Chad. People wouldn't have a clue what was going on if it had been just them up there.

Yuussss!!! It's great that their quarter of a century of hard work is being recognised! Awesome news

Tbh, there weren't that many hate comments regarding the trilogy on UG during their release as well. Most of them liked the trilogy I think.

EXCITED GIF!!!

Hermione, I had quoted you but it disappeared and I'm not going back! NWA in the Hall of Fame would be interesting. They deserve it for being far more "rock n roll" in their lives than many of those currently inducted but Eazy E is dead, Yella probably has gonorrhea or some other STI and does Ice Cube still hate the others?

Indeed! Plus for their huge influence, they were the pioneers of gangsta rap and played such a massive part in the history of rap music both together and individually. But I'm sure their time will come. And yeah like Tim said they made up ages ago so it'd be all good, I expect all of them (except Eazy obviously) would be there.

Best comment so far:

I hope the Rock Hall give Billie and Green Day enough stage time as we don't want another meltdown and downtime for the band. We need more GD for a followup to the ambitious and brilliant album trilogy.

Best comment so far:

My favourite bit from that one was the setlist they 'must' play:

- Nuclear Family

- Extraordinary Girl

- Waiting

- The Saints are Coming

- When I Come Around

- Basketcase

Because that's the perfect display of their talents, isn't it? :lol:

Could someone link me to the site to buy tickets for the ceremony? I'm having difficulty trying to find it D:

Could someone link me to the site to buy tickets for the ceremony? I'm having difficulty trying to find it D:

Why would we dare do that? This is a fight till the end, we're not giving our competition an easy link.

Why would we dare do that? This is a fight till the end, we're not giving our competition an easy link.

That's fine because I just found it. :rudys:

Didn't think that would happen so soon, but this is exciting all the same!! :D Very happy for them, I forgot what it felt like to be excited about new Green Day stuff :lol:

You guys, I GOT MY TICKET TODAY! "I'M SO FUCKING HAPPY I COULD CRY."

OMFG I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! :D:happy:

Congrats!

Tell us about buying the ticket and your seat please. :shok:

OMFG I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! :D:happy:

Congrats!

Tell us about buying the ticket and your seat please. :shok:

Thank you! My uncle is a member at the Rock Hall, so we had access to the pre-sale today. We bought them immediately as they were available and selected the best seating available option. This gave us the $300 seats which is what I was hoping for anyways.

At 1:10 she talks about Green Day

World News Tonight @WNTonight 22h22 hours ago

You're about to feel old. Do you know what band got inducted into the #RockHall2015? #Facecast http://on.fb.me/1zoeNa8

B5AcqvKCcAAYrKb.jpg

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a mess: Why does the induction committee have such bad taste?

The next round of Hall of Fame inductees have been chosen, and they are questionable, to say the least

But this year, Green Day — who, you know, are pretty proficient — beat out NWA, pioneers of West Coast style and gangsta rap, not to mention Nine Inch Nails. What makes Green Day more deserving of a Hall of Fame membership than the Smiths, who were also nominated? Nobody knows.

http://www.salon.com/2014/12/16/the_rock_and_roll_hall_of_fame_is_a_mess_why_does_the_induction_committee_have_such_bad_taste/

Archived