Green Day inducted into the Hall Of Fame

Liam

Cant believe a terrible artist like Green Day are getting inducted next to a legend like Lou Reed, who released brilliant tracks such as this:

*this post may contain sarcasm

The fact that Ringo Starr is getting inducted makes enough of a joke of the HoF even without that shite :P

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that Ringo Starr is getting inducted makes enough of a joke of the HoF even without that shite :P

*may not actually be Ringo Starr

WOW WOW WOW! Words can not express how proud I am of those guys. I'm so incredibly happy for them! I feel like hugging every one on the forum right now. Haha. Today's a great day! Now, time to jam out to Green Day in celebration!

mzTKsByk8Xl6g.gif

I don't think he is getting in. It's an honorary award not an induction. It says that in the article. I think the title is misleading.

It's probably already been said, but my best guess is that they're going to play Basket Case, Holiday and Who Wrote Holden Caulfield.
If they end up playing 21 Guns or some shit, I'll be so confused.

Is that picture of Billie on the RS article new?

Oh, that's not as bad as I thought. I thought it was just a general ban on entry. Still ironic how they're congratulating them after they completely shunned them 20 years ago.

I wouldn't say it was ironic. Green Day made the choice to sign to a major label, they knew they'd be 86'd from Gilman. It wasn't the staff at Gilman that hated Green Day, it was the hardcore punks that hated Green Day for selling out, not that they were fans of Green Day to begin with, but this was just another reason for them to diss the band they already hated.

I was so excited when I found out I almost bragged to my mom about it, and she doesn't have a clue what the hell HoF is and why would it even be important. :lol:

EXCITED GIF!!!

Hermione, I had quoted you but it disappeared and I'm not going back! NWA in the Hall of Fame would be interesting. They deserve it for being far more "rock n roll" in their lives than many of those currently inducted but Eazy E is dead, Yella probably has gonorrhea or some other STI and does Ice Cube still hate the others?

As for the others who didn't get in, there are plenty of other musicians and bands who deserve to be in there and some in there who don't deserve it.

In 2 different centuries Green Day defined rock music and a stage of life for 2 different generations, that's no mean feat. American Idiot was huge for me and Dookie, from what I've learned, seemed to have an even bigger impact in it's day. Bands like Green Day inspired far too many pop punk bands since. A legacy like that deserves to be recognized.

EXCITED GIF!!!

Hermione, I had quoted you but it disappeared and I'm not going back! NWA in the Hall of Fame would be interesting. They deserve it for being far more "rock n roll" in their lives than many of those currently inducted but Eazy E is dead, Yella probably has gonorrhea or some other STI and does Ice Cube still hate the others?

As for the others who didn't get in, there are plenty of other musicians and bands who deserve to be in there and some in there who don't deserve it.

In 2 different centuries Green Day defined rock music and a stage of life for 2 different generations, that's no mean feat. American Idiot was huge for me and Dookie, from what I've learned, seemed to have an even bigger impact in it's day. Bands like Green Day inspired far too many pop punk bands since. A legacy like that deserves to be recognized.

From what I was reading the other night, I think Ice Cube and Dre were on good terms, but that could've been just for 1993 :P

I was so excited when I found out I almost bragged to my mom about it, and she doesn't have a clue what the hell HoF is and why would it even be important. :lol:

Haha, I did brag to my mom about i and used my excited-teenage-girl language.

She was quite happy about this, but not to the scale of the people on this site XD

Haha, I did brag to my mom about i and used my excited-teenage-girl language.

She was quite happy about this, but not to the scale of the people on this site XD

I've been listening to Green Day all day, and I haven't listened to Green Day much at all the past few months. and I've been drumming my knuckles on my desk for the past hour, they're all bruised :P

Totally reasonable that John and Jason won't be inducted. Jason hasn't recorded that much and the Hall's vague rule is that you need to have made a "significant contribution." While founding the band is big, John's contribution to their success is hardly significant.

So Nine Inch Nails got the shaft? Innnnerestin.

Well, sounds like their three songs will be Kerplunk, Dookie, American Idiot. I'd vote 2000 Light Years Away in terms of popularity and meaning for Kerplunk.

I'm way more stressed about who is going to induct them than anything else. Please let it be someone older and respected and not like fucking Good Charlotte because they were so very influenced by them.

Totally reasonable that John and Jason won't be inducted. Jason hasn't recorded that much and the Hall's vague rule is that you need to have made a "significant contribution." While founding the band is big, John's contribution to their success is hardly significant.

So Nine Inch Nails got the shaft? Innnnerestin.

Well, sounds like their three songs will be Kerplunk, Dookie, American Idiot. I'd vote 2000 Light Years Away in terms of popularity and meaning for Kerplunk.

I'm way more stressed about who is going to induct them than anything else. Please let it be someone older and respected and not like fucking Good Charlotte because they were so very influenced by them.

Yes but Tre had nothing nothing at all to do with 1000 Hours HOF rule is original line up Tre is and will never be original member of the band you can't force bands to accept that but break that rule for other bands people need to stop letting people break their own rules

They normally have a close person of the bands to induct the bands so be someone say Bono or an artist that's close to them

Yes but Tre had nothing nothing at all to do with 1000 Hours HOF rule is original line up Tre is and will never be original member of the band you can't force bands to accept that but break that rule for other bands people need to stop letting people break their own rules

They normally have a close person of the bands to induct the bands so be someone say Bono or an artist that's close to them

Are you really sure about the rule? You've been throwing it around a lot on this thread, but last year's example of Nirvana including Dave being inducted kind of shows that the rule doesn't exactly exist, yknow.

Are you really sure about the rule? You've been throwing it around a lot on this thread, but last year's example of Nirvana including Dave being inducted kind of shows that the rule doesn't exactly exist, yknow.

They broke that rule... They wouldn't let Eric Carr in and he's been KISS's drummer for 26 years

They didn't let Eagles replacements members either etc

And you could always read the rules on the website but guess you're too lazy to check it...

BTW I'm an Grammy voter and could join the HOF as a voting member but fuck the HOF

Archived