Green Day inducted into the Hall Of Fame

Liam

Oh god...can't fucking escape FOB. I agree with others, I feel like they could have found a way better band.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The worst live band ever inducted the greatest live band ever. How sad!

The NY Times had an article today about who is inducting who and they skipped Fall Out Boy and Green Day. How sad

Do we know if Fall Out Boy Will cover Green day or any Green day songs will be played?

The NY Times had an article today about who is inducting who and they skipped Fall Out Boy and Green Day. How sad

Maybe GD isn´t musically that relevant anymore even abroad...? Not even worth to be mentioned? Really sad...

Maybe GD isn´t musically that relevant anymore even abroad...? Not even worth to be mentioned? Really sad...

The article was about the inductors, not the inductees. So I think it was Fall Out Boy that wasn't relevent enough for the article.

Ah, okay. Nevertheless the article ist not complete then. Bad mistake, NYT.

Do we know if Fall Out Boy Will cover Green day or any Green day songs will be played?

Fall Out Boy is inducting them. FOB is not listed as a performer, but in the past, the inductor often performs with the inductee. Green Day is performing and I would imagine FOB might join them for a song.

Hopefully FOB get struck down with some easily curable sickness on the day that forces them to pull out and Dave Grohl steps in to save the day. I can still dream.

I didn´t know FOB before, I´m musically ignorant. So I listened to some of their songs, and was quite enarmoured. I like the singer´s voice. Well, so far I don´t complain about the choice.

The worst live band ever inducted the greatest live band ever. How sad!

You said it best! It's a shame. Of course it's all a matter of opinion, but I am not a fan of them at all and I never understood why people like to clump them and Green Day together. Oh well

Hopefully FOB get struck down with some easily curable sickness but they have pull out on the day and Dave Growl steps in to save the day. I can still dream.

As much as I don't wish illness on any musician, that would be incredible. The thought of Grohl, or even someone like Joan Jett performing with them would make me overdose on hype and excitement.

I like FOB, but at the same time I don't think it's a best choice. Anyway I hope they'll do their best :)

As much as I don't wish illness on any musician, that would be incredible.

That's why I said easily curable :lol: a bad dose of diarrhoea for example :lol:

I like Fall Out Boy, and I'll probably get some enjoyment out of watching them induct my favorite band. That being said, I was a bit disappointed when I heard the news because I was thinking about it from Green Day's perspective. I know Fall Out Boy has a lot of respect for Green Day (and will likely do a very nice job), but this is something that only happens once and it would probably mean more to them to be inducted by someone they've toured with or a band that came out of the same scene that they did.

The guys of Green Day are either too nice to complain or simply agree with the choice. :)

The guys of Green Day are either too nice to complain or simply agree with the choice. :)

I'm not 100% sure on this but I believe it is the bands choice who inducts them. I think I read somewhere that they are given a list of potential inductors and the artist chooses from the list.

I'm so happy about this, honestly :)

I like Fall Out Boy, and I'll probably get some enjoyment out of watching them induct my favorite band. That being said, I was a bit disappointed when I heard the news because I was thinking about it from Green Day's perspective. I know Fall Out Boy has a lot of respect for Green Day (and will likely do a very nice job), but this is something that only happens once and it would probably mean more to them to be inducted by someone they've toured with or a band that came out of the same scene that they did.

Didn't think of this... but I feel like it's pretty positive for both bands cause the induction ceremony will probably give FOB a lot of exposure and heighten their status in the music world, and even if Green Day's not inducted by the most traditional band, they'll still be inducted and will have a wicked time!

Hopefully FOB get struck down with some easily curable sickness on the day that forces them to pull out and Dave Grohl steps in to save the day. I can still dream.

I'm not sure if that's better or worse.

Archived