Green Day inducted into the Hall Of Fame

Liam

NO LIVE STREAM AVAILABLE

It's been announced that Green Day will inducted into The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame next year along with Joan Jett, and Lou Reed.

Billie's actually done an interview with Rolling Stones to talk about the induction and what will be happening next year with the band.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/billie-joe-armstrong-green-day-hall-of-fame-induction-20141216

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm more excited to see some of us scramble to get tickets now :lol: I wish you all the best of luck! I'll keep an eye out for y'all on TV (if that's a thing).

I honestly didn't expect for them to get in. It takes some bands like 15 years (KISS? I don't remember) to get in after their first nomination. Very proud of the boys <3

wow, my dad's not gonna be happy it took my band a shorter time to get inducted than his band (Rush) :lol:

Lol @ that interview, Billie calling everything a trip

"What a strange trip"

"It's just a trip"

"That was just a trip"

"Some nostalgic trip"

God dam that's exciting.

So billie went for a walk when he heard the news - hope he came up with a little tune ?

I'm so proud of them! That was a nice interview to read, it's good to hear that they are all still in touch with eachother.

I think the 3 songs they will play will be Basket Case, American Idiot and then something that barely anyone's heard, something like 2,000 lightyears away.

Copy&paste:

What? They're in? Haha, I thought the voting did count for something - apparently not :D

Congrats to Green Day anyhow

Yay :banana:. This is so cool, and it's nice Billie's so pleased! Had to laugh at "I had to go for a walk" being his first reaction, he loves his walking haha. Looking forward to seeing them perform at the ceremony.

Kind of sad that NWA didn't get in though, as it would've been super awesome to see them go in the same year

I didn't think they'd actually make it, with all the other acts in there but wow, well done!

On their first year of eligibility, too. I'm impressed!

It must have turned your whole world upside down face

2ccFq.gif

I'm happy GD got in but if they break their own rule yet again and not induct John as well I'm boycotting...

Holy shit I'm crying!!!

I'm happy GD got in but if they break their own rule yet again and not induct John as well I'm boycotting...

I doubt he would want to. No one other than hardcore fans even know who he is.

Well it sounds like they're not even inducting Jason White, let alone John.

"Standing at the podium together will be a big moment.

Yeah, with him and Tre, just…shit. Standing there next to each other and taking it all in. We're all in a surreal state right now"

Considering the way they come across it wouldn't surprise me if neither John nor Jason were interested in being included (John seems totally disinterested in being associated with the band or recognized for his past contribution to it, and Jason seems humble and disinterested in fame enough that having only played on their most recent trio of albums he might not want to be included). If they're not would there even be a way of knowing if they were offered it and declined it or if they just weren't offered it?

OMG YAY! I wasn't expecting it! So happy for them and the interview made me feel all sorts of happy ♥

#trip

I'm going to fucking vomit out of excitement/nervousness re: the fucking ticket-buying process that I will definitely have to take part in now! :sick:

Despite what I think of the Hall of Fame, it's awesome they got in first time they were nominated. :) Congrats!

Considering the way they come across it wouldn't surprise me if neither John nor Jason were interested in being included (John seems totally disinterested in being associated with the band or recognized for his past contribution to it, and Jason seems humble and disinterested in fame enough that having only played on their most recent trio of albums he might not want to be included). If they're not would there even be a way of knowing if they were offered it and declined it or if they just weren't offered it?

If Eric Carr wasn't allowed to be inducted with Kiss whose been the drummer since 1991 Jason has no chance at all to be inducted even if he or Billie and the group wanted him

They told Kiss only the members who were members who performed on the first album was allowed in as that's there rules they've enforced this with other bands as well in the past

But yet they've broken it with Nirvana with not even offering it to Chad said Chad wasn't a member Chad was a member a lil more than Dave was and wrote more than Dave did...

So we'll see...

Archived