o_O

NFL Thread

o_O

Hmm, sounds familiar

revenge from last year :lol: 

Besides my saints (we might win 9 games MAX, 10 if lucky this year)

Yeah, right. 6-10, new coach in 2016.

o_O

Yeah, right. 6-10, new coach in 2016.

nah i'm being optimistic...

Saints  (9-7; or 10-6, maybe 11-5 if very lucky)
Failcons/Falcons 8-8 tops.
Buccs 6-10 or 7-9.
Panthers 4-12....

Edited by Demon!Dean

You do realize that the Panthers are the most talented team in the NFCS right now, right? 

GreenDayBass

Tim Tebow is praying today.

Oops, I mean playing.

You do realize that the Panthers are the most talented team in the NFCS right now, right? 

I'm predictiong:

Panthers
Saints
Falcons
Bucs

The Falcons aren't as bad as some people are saying, although I think that 3rd place would be interchangeable between the two teams. Panthers still have a pretty good offense and maybe defense, if they can get back together from last seasons deficit. I still think they have the best defense in their division though.

The Insider

So did the Aussie guy Jarryd Hayne do Ok (San Fran 49ers')  in your opinion.  It was probably pushed up a fair bit here.

• Like 1

o_O

So did the Aussie guy Jarryd Hayne do Ok (San Fran 49ers')  in your opinion.  It was probably pushed up a fair bit here.

i wouldn't know since i don't follow the 49ers. 

GreenDayBass

What day does the NFL season start? I'm too lazy to check.

rootbeersoup

Thursday 

• Like 1

lizziebix

September 10th

• Like 1

GreenDayBass

You both answered my question with different answers. Perfect, lol.

Anytime an off-the-street scrub gets a two-minute highlight reel on ESPN all off his own, that's a pretty good sign.

Hayne's age might work against him, though. He's a 27-year-old running back in an age where running backs are considered prime at 26, aging at 28 and done at 30. That said, if he's a good enough return man, he'll force the 49ers to keep him.

Adorkable
o_O

I like it how the Eagles win a preseason game, ,and they're like WE'RE SUPERBOWL CONTENDERS foh.  Philly sports have been known to SUCK consistently. 

rootbeersoup

Truck commercials are totally going to kick beer commercials' ass this year

• Like 2

The Insider

Anytime an off-the-street scrub gets a two-minute highlight reel on ESPN all off his own, that's a pretty good sign.

Hayne's age might work against him, though. He's a 27-year-old running back in an age where running backs are considered prime at 26, aging at 28 and done at 30. That said, if he's a good enough return man, he'll force the 49ers to keep him.

haha have no idea what the last part meant but thanks.

haha have no idea what the last part meant but thanks.

Basically, if the 49ers are looking at his primarily as a running back, his age is a problem. If they're looking at him primarily as a return man who can play some running back in a pinch, age isn't as big an issue, because most returners have a short shelf life anyway.

The Insider

Basically, if the 49ers are looking at his primarily as a running back, his age is a problem. If they're looking at him primarily as a return man who can play some running back in a pinch, age isn't as big an issue, because most returners have a short shelf life anyway.

The little I know of your game I think he can do that from the position he played in rugby league here.  

Adorkable

I'm really not a big fan of Tim Tebow, but the guy throws for 189 yards with 2 touchdowns and is told he is not good enough for the #3 quarterback?  I actually feel slightly bad for the guy.

• Like 1

GreenDayBass

I'm really not a big fan of Tim Tebow, but the guy throws for 189 yards with 2 touchdowns and is told he is not good enough for the #3 quarterback?  I actually feel slightly bad for the guy.

That's decent enough for a #3 position, tbh. I don't see why they wouldn't pick him for that position. I mean, it's not like he would be the starter or back-up.

• Like 2

o_O

That's decent enough for a #3 position, tbh. I don't see why they wouldn't pick him for that position. I mean, it's not like he would be the starter or back-up.

Eagles get rid of tebow, keeps buttfumble sanchez that isn't good.... #eagleslogic. 

GreenDayBass

Lol, I'm in a fantasy football league and someone offered me Andrew Luck for Derek Carr. I went to counter it to see why they would even want to do a trade like that but in doing so that actually canceled out the trade proposal. Lesson learned. It doesn't matter much anyways because I have Drew Brees and Cam Newton as my other QBs.

• Like 1

Penguin Puffball

Aaaand Steelers lose. Gonna be avoiding multiple coworkers tomorrow for fear of outrage. :lol: 

Trotsky

Aaaand Steelers lose. Gonna be avoiding multiple coworkers tomorrow for fear of outrage. :lol: 

The Steelers' defense was really deflated by the Patriots. Steelers were totally destroyed by the Patriots, like evidence. It's as if Tom Brady let all the air out of his opponents, and threw some passes the receivers totally got away with. 

• Like 1

Penguin Puffball

The Steelers' defense was really deflated by the Patriots. Steelers were totally destroyed by the Patriots, like evidence. It's as if Tom Brady let all the air out of his opponents, and threw some passes the receivers totally got away with. 

i c wut u did there