o_O

NFL Thread

The Great Saiyaman

TB12 is the greatest quarterback of all time. Knew we were gonna lose this game. John Defilippo honestly needs to be fired now because those play calls were absolutely atrocious. 

o_O

@lizziebix @The Great Saiyaman look it we all lost this week 😮 

now saints need a win at Tampa or Carolina loss to Browns in order to clinch division? and at least a playoff spot. 

The Great Saiyaman
10 minutes ago, o_O said:

@lizziebix @The Great Saiyaman look it we all lost this week 😮 

now saints need a win at Tampa or Carolina loss to Browns in order to clinch division? and at least a playoff spot. 

Like I said Brady is the best QB of all time (no offense to Drew). A loss at NE was expected. Happy for my man Cordarrelle Patterson, wouldn't mind if he gets a ring this year. I am just so happy stupid McCarthy is gone. McCarthy, overrated Ha Ha, and Montgomery... So weird to think they're all gone. I hope the Packers suffer for the next decade. I've always respected the Bears and Lions (thx for letting us play our home games in Detroit btw) but you would have to pay me to like the Packers. 

Anyways I see the Vikings going 9-6-1 at best. Chicago or Seattle will beat us and we'll clinch 5th or 6th seed. John Defilippo cannot be the offensive coordinator for this team's future and Cousins cannot be our quarterback of the future unless major changes happen on this team. 

• Love 1

o_O

damn Rams stunk tonight.

CLINCHED SOUTH :) 

The Great Saiyaman

As the season winds down, it just becomes even more intriguing to me. There are so many good teams it's hard to predict which will end up going to the big game. Before this week, I was thinking that offense was the way to go this season. It always is, but recent years seemed to have me thinking that it was all about defense. Damn, this week proved that wrong. Saints, Rams, and for the most part Chiefs all got shut down. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting NFL seasons I've ever seen. Anyways, at this point I'm gonna go Saints-Patriots in the Super Bowl. Why? I don't trust many of these young QBs and Drew Brees and Tom Brady are still incredible. What a showdown that would be. Guys like Trubisky, Goff, and Mahomes (especially Mahomes) are insanely talented, but I see a good amount of dumb plays that I think will screw them over. They could easily prove me wrong, and I'd love that to happen because none of their teams have had a ring in quite some time. Really wanted the Texans to go all the way, but no team that loses to Indianapolis at home deserves my praise (kidding). 
Time to watch my Vikings get clapped by the Hawks tomorrow. Whyyyyyyyyyy do we have Matt Kalil-tier O-linemen Remmers and Reiff on 5 year deals why why why

• Love 1

Adorkable

My Jets won today. I can't stop crying. I really thought I would never see this day again.

• Love 1

Little Boy Named Airplane

What a win by the Dolphins !
When the Pats lose, everyone wins!

Last play of the game. Amazing.

Oh and my Packers won too!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

o_O
2 hours ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

What a win by the Dolphins !
When the Pats lose, everyone wins!

Last play of the game. Amazing.

Oh and my Packers won too!

thanks to the packers. essentially eliminated the Failcons from playoffs :)

The Great Saiyaman
2 hours ago, o_O said:

thanks to the packers. 

no

• Haha 1

The Great Saiyaman

Okay now really NO. This game was bullshit I'm sorry. That blocked field goal is a penalty. 
Other than that FIRE JOHN DEFILIPPO. I HATE JOHN DEFILIPPO. I HATE MIKE PRIEFER. I HATE KIRK COUSINS. I HATE THIS OFFENSIVE LINE (except for Pat Elflein and Brian O'Neill :wub:). I HATE ANTHONY BARR. I HATE LAQUON TREADWELL. I HATE MACKENSIE ALEXANDER. I HATE ROGER GOODELL. I HATE RICK SPIELMAN. I HATE FOOTBALL. I HATE THE NFL. I HATE DONALD TRUMP. I HATE YOU. 

o_O
21 hours ago, The Great Saiyaman said:

Okay now really NO. This game was bullshit I'm sorry. That blocked field goal is a penalty. 
Other than that FIRE JOHN DEFILIPPO. I HATE JOHN DEFILIPPO. I HATE MIKE PRIEFER. I HATE KIRK COUSINS. I HATE THIS OFFENSIVE LINE (except for Pat Elflein and Brian O'Neill :wub:). I HATE ANTHONY BARR. I HATE LAQUON TREADWELL. I HATE MACKENSIE ALEXANDER. I HATE ROGER GOODELL. I HATE RICK SPIELMAN. I HATE FOOTBALL. I HATE THE NFL. I HATE DONALD TRUMP. I HATE YOU. 

lol. but i feel bad to the Vikes. i thought they'd be good enough for at least contention. they definitely need work on the offseason. why did you even get cousins for that extortionate price. that's where Minnesota fucked up there. like Cousins was unreliable from the start. y'all would have been better off with Kap. 

The Great Saiyaman
3 hours ago, o_O said:

lol. but i feel bad to the Vikes. i thought they'd be good enough for at least contention. they definitely need work on the offseason. why did you even get cousins for that extortionate price. that's where Minnesota fucked up there. like Cousins was unreliable from the start. y'all would have been better off with Kap. 

It seems to be coming out that Cousins was sort of Defilippo's idea. Guess what? That idea now sucked and Flip just got fired this morning. So now we've got nothing! Not sure if that's true tho. I still think Cousins deserves another chance and that he's better than Keenum. My man Cris Carter had a good point; they would have won fewer games with Keenum. But I still don't think it's worth the risk with Cousins. Back in the offseason I was saying this is too risky, but ultimately I was satisfied with the decision. Now I can't tell if it would have been better to go with a dude like AJ McCarron who's definitely not amazing but a starter nonetheless (probably worse than Cousins tho LOL). You bringing up Kap is actually really interesting. Keenum was good on his feet and made that line look good last year. Kap totally could have done the same thing, but I don't think he'd be much better, if at all. 
Like I said, I am willing to give Kirk Cousins another chance IF he renegotiates his contract, which he better be willing to do to make some room for our awesome players like Weatherly, Thielen, Kearse, Wile, Robinson, Tom Johnson, Harris, and Richardson. Who I am NOT willing to give another chance to is MIKE FUCKING REMMERS. It's like, dude, your main job is to PROTECT THE QUARTERBACK. I know he's a tackle playing at guard (which shitty coaching has a lot to do with), but this man sucks at doing his job. He better renegotiate that 5 year deal that he's on. Same with Riley "get pushed over by Khalil Mack" Reiff. We might as well have kept Matt Kalil's bum ass, this guy was decent last year but now can't do anything for some reason. Get rid of Tom "get a holding penalty at the worse possible moment" Compton too. So glad he's on a 1 year deal. This offensive line is like Madden: same garbage every single year that just looks a little different in an attempt to make you think it's better. Also FIRE MIKE PRIEFER. Special teams would be so much better if someone else were our special teams coach, but for some reason even after 6 years of being on this team, our holder for Dan Bailey is the last person out on the field??? This makes no sense. He's an awful coach and I hope they send his ass to Miami when we beat the Dolphins (HOPEFULLY LOL). 

GET. RID. OF. ANTHONY. BARR. I'm done with this dude. When Wilson ran for like 50 yards this dude just gives up on pursuing him and leaves it up to who? Our defensive line? Ben Gedeon? LOL it's like you're outta here bro. He is actually a burden to this defense at this point. Smith should be the captain instead. 
If this team insists on taking another defensive player in the first round then I am done with Rick Spielman (our GM). This team needs, at minimum, two starting offensive linemen in this draft. There are no excuses at this point. I don't care if one position on the offensive line ends up being garbage. Elflein and O'Neill are great offensive linemen who get too little credit for what they do and would thrive with more young talent around them. I also say get a quarterback in the 2020 draft. Obviously don't force a pick like they did with Ponder, but they need a guy to develop behind Cousins. Hopefully unless Cousins works out with a better offensive line.

TL;DR: You're right except for Kap. He's not very good either.  

• Like 1

The Great Saiyaman

HOLY SHIT I LOVE PHILIP RIVERS

The Great Saiyaman

Vikings blown out the phins. Packers lose. Glad Flip was fired because that clearly is working out now. Good weekend except the Wolves losing. Congrats @lizziebix for da Bears winning the division.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

o_O

oh and to the Browns fans here, 6 wins and MAYBE a playoff spot. congrats next year you'll win more!

The Great Saiyaman

Not gonna lie... I am so happy with this Vikings defense rn. Barr isn't great and Rhodes has really been sucking, but the defensive line is stacked. 

• Like 1

AlissaGoesRAWR
On 12/16/2018 at 4:43 PM, o_O said:

oh and to the Browns fans here, 6 wins and MAYBE a playoff spot. congrats next year you'll win more!

Every Browns fan I know last week, trying to calculate what it'd take to get into the playoffs:

tenor.gif?itemid=6219070

• Love 1

The Great Saiyaman

*Terrell Owens crying* That's my tight end

DuyTLYiXgAAKvHT.jpg

o_O
On 12/18/2018 at 3:29 PM, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Every Browns fan I know last week, trying to calculate what it'd take to get into the playoffs:

gotta admit getting rid of hue jackson and getting Mayfield helped Cleveland a lot. like they should have been at least 8-6 this season. 

AlissaGoesRAWR
3 hours ago, o_O said:

gotta admit getting rid of hue jackson and getting Mayfield helped Cleveland a lot. like they should have been at least 8-6 this season. 

Yeah, it sucks they had a couple stupid losses (and a fucking tie) at the beginning of the year when they were still settling in, because that really made a difference. 

There's always next year! :confused:

• Love 1

The Great Saiyaman

Vikings fans 8 months ago: Holy shit we got our QB! Super Bowl or bust!!!!

Vikings fans now: yeah ok wild card would be cool i guess

The Great Saiyaman

Congrats to the Packers on their HUGE dub over the Jets. 

lizziebix

@The Great Saiyaman  Good luck next Sunday!  Well, not really.  :lol:

The Great Saiyaman
43 minutes ago, lizziebix said:

@The Great Saiyaman  Good luck next Sunday!  Well, not really.  :lol:

Wouldn’t be surprised if you guys rest your starters. 

Please do that. I don’t want Mack and Hicks again. 

please?

pleeeease?

we’ll sell Treadwell to you guys

• Like 1

o_O

the saints need to step up if they want to go deep in the playoffs now.