Jason White has been diagnosed with tonsil cancer

Hero_Of_The_Hour

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it safe to say that he's fine now, since he's back and everything? This has shocked me, I hope he'll be okay :(

I couldn't quite believe it, get well soon Jason! Whatever people say he's part of the Green Day family!

Is it safe to say that he's fine now, since he's back and everything? This has shocked me, I hope he'll be okay :(

He is beginning treatment later this week :(

Wow...heartbreaking news. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. Hopefully he has a quick recovery!

That was posted on Monday but the Big Cats facebook posted their update a few hours ago and it states that they have cancelled their Christmas gig and Jason is due to begin treatment in a few weeks so he is obviously not already better.

You sound very pessimistic. I'm trying not to assume the worst, since we really don't know very many details. He was well enough to record vocals for his album, so it can't be too bad

You sound very pessimistic. I'm trying not to assume the worst, since we really don't know very many details. He was well enough to record vocals for his album, so it can't be too bad

Why because I point out facts? He isn't already fine again which is what somebody posted and I corrected. If was already fine again he wouldn't need treatment and the band wouldn't be cancelling a show or even have posted about this. You are free to assume all you want but don't try to suggest I'm doing anything but stating facts.

You do realize things can change from one day to the next?

The first thing I thought of when I saw this subject was "Oh no that's what Billie 's dad died from." Luckily it's not that far along.

Ah man, that sucks! I do definitely hope he gets better. I know they said it's very treatable, but I'm sure this probably makes Billie nervous 'cuz isn't esophageal cancer what Billie's dad died from?

Oh god, that sucks so hard.

Ironically my mom just got declared cancer free yesterday, and now one of the members of my favorite band has cancer. Fuck cancer. :mad:

I lost someone close this year to esophageal cancer this year. Such a horrible disease to see someone go through. My thoughts go out to Jason and his family. The esophageal cancer bracelet I wear has even more meaning now.

Even though this is treatable, it is still heartbreaking to hear it ever the same.

I wish Jason a healthy and full recovery and my thoughts will be with his family, friends, and band mates.

if the post about the vocals was older, then it's possible they didn't know much about his problem at the time? The surgery they mentioned could've been something like a biopsy. That's one way of finding out just how advanced the cancer is, and it also needs a few weeks of recovery afterwards. So it's reasonable to expect that after that he wouldn't be singing for a while.

Jeff Matika on Twitter @jeffmatika

I heart Jason White. #getbetter #letsgetreadytorock

if the post about the vocals was older, then it's possible they didn't know much about his problem at the time? The surgery they mentioned could've been something like a biopsy. That's one way of finding out just how advanced the cancer is, and it also needs a few weeks of recovery afterwards. So it's reasonable to expect that after that he wouldn't be singing for a while.

That was just from monday. It's weird, they're kinda like two conflicting reports. Hope we get an update soon, I hope he is indeed doing better!

Wow, shit, that's terrible. That two people so close to the GD family would face this diagnosis so young in their lives at the same time is just so awful. Sending him and his family the best. My grandmother died of esophageal cancer and sadly I can say that Jason faces a hellish battle - it's a nasty cancer, and I hope it has been caught before it makes it too unbearable for him. :(

Oh god, that sucks so hard.

Ironically my mom just got declared cancer free yesterday, and now one of the members of my favorite band has cancer. Fuck cancer. :mad:

Congrats to your mom! :hug:

I lost someone close this year to esophageal cancer this year. Such a horrible disease to see someone go through. My thoughts go out to Jason and his family. The esophageal cancer bracelet I wear has even more meaning now.

Isn't it awful? So sorry your family had to deal with that, too (And I bet we have the same bracelets).

Well this is horrible. Is there anything else left to be thrown at this band this year? Hoping for the best, obviously.

Archived