10th Anniversery of Boulevard Of Broken Dreams

T.C

10 years ago Green Day released their biggest hit in both the US and worldwide and also released the biggest song worldwide of 2005

Happy Birthday BOBD

Share some memories with this amazing track!

I remember 12yr old me holding this portable radio to my ear, desperately searching for a station that played this song. It was 1 of only 2 songs i knew :lol: oh how the times change.

for some reaons i remember that exact day because i just turned 10 and i thought it was cool to have two numbers in your age.

didn't know bobd came out at that time but this song was e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e. 10 years wow.

I remember making jokes for skits by doing parodies of this song when I was a 4th grader starting a youtube lol

With this song everything started. I always loved this song, every time they played it on the radio station I was so happy. Back then I didn't even know that the band who wrote that song is called "green day". and then a friend of mine showed me this song again, in december 2009 and from that day i was a die hard green day fan :wub: this was five years ago wtf :wub:

One of the most beautiful songs I know. It was definitely one of the first songs (possibly the first) that really grabbed my attention and made me fall in love with the band when I first heard American Idiot, the sound of it is just stunning.

I love it live too, with Billie letting the crowd sing a bit on their own and sitting back and watching in awe of what's going on and Jason's hands playing frantically near the end :D. A sillier reason I enjoy seeing it is my sister and I have always been amused by how Billie has sung the last "my shallow heart's the only thing that's beating" going lower and adding an extra syllable to the word "beating" (be-ea-ting instead of bea-ting) literally every time they've ever played it live, we think he must wish it was like that on the CD. So we always listen out for it and turn to each other in the crowd and laugh when we go to see them :lol:

Like many of you guys, this was the song that got me into Green Day. I would get so excited when this song came on the car radio, and ten years later I still do. I remember going home that day and secretly watching the music video like every 15 minutes. My parents thought that I was obsessed. XD From then on, I ventured into the rock genre of music and discovered what real music is. Green Day has carried on through my life as the most important band to me. I can say that this song is what led me to be apart of the incredible Idiot Family.

It's a song I rarely listen to or even think about. But it is definitely one of the best songs Billie has ever written. If one song of theirs deserves to go down in history it's BoBD.

Archived