GDC Feedback and Help

DadBod
4 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Dang why ya gotta ignore my posts I wasn’t being serious 😂

😂😂 Oh, tim... 

❤️

• Like 1

Libertine Angel

When you quote a post, the little box in the bottom right that shows how many posts you've quoted has the button to clear them underneath the "top of thread button" which makes it impossible to click, anything you can do about that?

Goofygoldfish

99% of the time I'm on my phone when on GDC, and a couple of things I've still not mastered... 

When I go to the 'unread posts/threads' clipboard type thing at the top of the page, it takes me to the unread things, great, now... Where do I click to be taken to the first unread post within a thread. If I click on the number of replies it takes me to the very last post, if I click on the thread name it takes me to the first. I want an inbetween.... Any ideas!? 

Annoyingly I've forgotten the other one now.... I'll be back! 

DeJennsitized
30 minutes ago, Goofygoldfish said:

99% of the time I'm on my phone when on GDC, and a couple of things I've still not mastered... 

When I go to the 'unread posts/threads' clipboard type thing at the top of the page, it takes me to the unread things, great, now... Where do I click to be taken to the first unread post within a thread. If I click on the number of replies it takes me to the very last post, if I click on the thread name it takes me to the first. I want an inbetween.... Any ideas!? 

Annoyingly I've forgotten the other one now.... I'll be back! 

When I’m on mobile I click on the little speech bubbles beside the thread name, on the left... I think that’s how it’s done?! 

Edit: this is just when I’m looking at the list of threads in each sub forum, not sure how the unread content works as I don’t really follow threads, just browse everything and click on ones I feel like clicking 

Goofygoldfish

@DeJennsitized thank you, I'll try that! 

• Like 1

Goofygoldfish

Sadly, not any better. Still goes to the end, then I scroll back to find the 'new content' line or whatever its called. 

Oh well.... Thanks anyway 

lizziebix
On 4/30/2019 at 4:14 PM, Goofygoldfish said:

Sadly, not any better. Still goes to the end, then I scroll back to find the 'new content' line or whatever its called. 

Oh well.... Thanks anyway 

Did you try clicking on the circle or star next to the title of the thread?  Clicking that brings me to the last read post. 

Let me know if that works.

• Love 1

Goofygoldfish
6 hours ago, lizziebix said:

Did you try clicking on the circle or star next to the title of the thread?  Clicking that brings me to the last read post. 

Let me know if that works.

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy you are a legend, thank you so much 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

• Like 1

lizziebix
12 hours ago, Goofygoldfish said:

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy you are a legend, thank you so much 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Yay. Happy to help. :)

• Like 1

Jrem

Is there any possibility of changing one's username on this forum?

Beerjeezus
2 hours ago, J-Remy said:

Click "Account" and then "Account settings" and you can change once a year.

• Like 3

Little Boy Named Airplane
5 hours ago, J-Remy said:

I agree. J-Remy is a bad name.
Just kiddin.

• Haha 1

Little Boy Named Airplane

Sorry for writing back to back message.
But how many hidden topic there is on GDC ? And after how many posts?

Beerjeezus
55 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Sorry for writing back to back message.
But how many hidden topic there is on GDC ? And after how many posts?

100 posts. There's Advice Forum and I think that's about it now. There was a clubs section but that was moved over to general chat.

• Like 1

Bolanic

Is it OK to sell Green Day related merchandise on this forum? I'm moving soon, and I have lots of cool shit to sell.  :)

• Love 1

Beerjeezus
6 minutes ago, Bolanic said:

Is it OK to sell Green Day related merchandise on this forum? I'm moving soon, and I have lots of cool shit to sell.  :)

It's been done before and wasn't an issue so you're fine.

• Like 1

Fuzz
1 hour ago, Bolanic said:

Yup. We encourage people to use PayPal so everyone can be protected in any sales. 

Fuzz
7 minutes ago, Sarcasm said:

the condom you sent me was sub par 

What do you expect? I told you not to re-use it.

• Haha 3
  • Love 1

MillenniumFan

I must have missed something, so forgive me if I'm asking something that is obvious to everyone else, but is the club section of the forum permanently disabled or something? Thing is, I can't seem to find the option to add a post on any of the threads, though I am still able to see/read them. I'm asking this also, because there's no indication of any shut-down in the guidelines/rules of procedure to that section, so maybe if those threads have been indeed been shut down or disabled, that guidelines thread ought to be amended?

Beerjeezus
6 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

I must have missed something, so forgive me if I'm asking something that is obvious to everyone else, but is the club section of the forum permanently disabled or something? Thing is, I can't seem to find the option to add a post on any of the threads, though I am still able to see/read them. I'm asking this also, because there's no indication of any shut-down in the guidelines/rules of procedure to that section, so maybe if those threads have been indeed been shut down or disabled, that guidelines thread ought to be amended?

Yeah, it's not possible to post there and the section is going to be deleted. Some threads were moved to general chat or advice forum.

• Like 3

MillenniumFan

Ah ok, well that's a shame, makes sense though. However, as I said, I think it ought to be mentioned somewhere...

Hermione

There was an announcement/thread when the clubs forum was closed. And any clubs people wanted saved were moved or an equivalent thread was made. It's news to me that it's still visible to people :lol:, I thought I could just see it because I'm an admin.

MillenniumFan

Yeah, the whole section is still up, I can enter it as normal, select a thread etc, but simply cannot add a new post. 

rootbeersoup

You never think this type of thing could happen to you or your family. Then it does.

rYngLfg.png

• Like 4