Lone

GDC Feedback and Help

pouty bitch

Whenever I try to post Instagram links in the Green Day Instagram Photos thread, it just leaves the URL as text and doesn't automatically hyperlink it (I have to do it manually, so then it won't embed). I've tried it in about 5 other threads and it works fine, so idk why it's not working for that specific thread. :confused:

Second favourite son
2 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Whenever I try to post Instagram links in the Green Day Instagram Photos thread, it just leaves the URL as text and doesn't automatically hyperlink it (I have to do it manually, so then it won't embed). I've tried it in about 5 other threads and it works fine, so idk why it's not working for that specific thread. :confused:

Sometimes that thread seems a bit slow, have you tried pasting and waiting a bit?

iltrenta

Hi! Some of the pinned topics in Welcome to Paradise are a liiittle bit outdated. I mean, there's a signature tutorial from 2011! 

Bully Hoe
On 7/16/2018 at 5:00 PM, Hermione said:

The plugin that allowed it to be there no longer works since the update, so we have to wait until it's updated or replaced. Bit annoying but we do hope to bring it back.

it's back! thanks!

Hermione
10 hours ago, Billie Hoe said:

it's back! thanks!

Oh yeah Fuzz sorted it yesterday, I'm glad to have it back too!

Emilie

So...what happened the past few days 

lizziebix
2 hours ago, Emilie said:

So...what happened the past few days 

Fuzz didn't pay the bill.  :(

• Sad 1

o_O
9 minutes ago, lizziebix said:

oops @Fuzz

Beerjeezus
22 hours ago, lizziebix said:

...again :P

Second favourite son
4 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

...again :P

Paying bills is overrated

• Thanks 1

Beerjeezus
6 hours ago, Second favourite son said:

Paying bills is overrated

Tru punks don't pay bills :ga:

strangestat

Oh man, I was so afraid something bad happened...

Spike

Every time I try to use the site on Chrome the page loads, displays for a few seconds then I get the "Aw, Snap! Something went wrong while displaying this webpage." 

Iva
11 hours ago, Spike said:

Every time I try to use the site on Chrome the page loads, displays for a few seconds then I get the "Aw, Snap! Something went wrong while displaying this webpage." 

RAM issues? Cloaca?

Montclare

Didn't you used to be able to hover over a person's profile so you could see an arrow that would let you see their previous names?  I'm not seeing that now.

Liam
31 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Didn't you used to be able to hover over a person's profile so you could see an arrow that would let you see their previous names?  I'm not seeing that now.

They probably forgot to readd it after the forum update. @Fuzz

• Like 1

lizziebix
3 hours ago, Montclare said:

I know now when you go to their profile, there is an "@" next to their username. Clicking that gives all their usernames. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

maryjanewhatsername

Hi, I'm still pretty new to this. What does the ranking mean?

DeJennsitized
6 minutes ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

It's based on your post count. I don't have the ranks list but I'm sure someone does!

• Like 1

Goofygoldfish

I'm having trouble with the feeds thingy. Sometimes when I click (or tap.. 99% of the time I'm on mobile!) on the icon that looks like a sheet of paper with folded corner, I get 'unread posts from content you are following', other times I get 'all unread content' and today I was getting 'all new content' 

(they may not all be word perfect, but you get the idea) 

Sometimes, I can edit what appears in the feed, other times no options. 

There is also a little tick I can click to turn green, and sometimes a bin and something else. 

I seem to have no consistency. How do I define what I want to see here every time? 

Thanks in advance guys 👍

maryjanewhatsername

This might be a really stupid question, but how do you insert images into posts? I can do it with URL images but I don't know how to make an existing attachment to do that.

Hermione
4 hours ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

This might be a really stupid question, but how do you insert images into posts? I can do it with URL images but I don't know how to make an existing attachment to do that.

You have to upload the image to an image hosting site first (I use Imgur, free and very easy to join and use) and copy and paste a link to it here (there will be several different links you can copy, it's the "direct link" one). You can either paste it in insert other media - insert image from url or just paste it directly in your post and it should show up.

• Like 1

Fuzz
On 11/13/2018 at 4:49 PM, Goofygoldfish said:

I'm having trouble with the feeds thingy. Sometimes when I click (or tap.. 99% of the time I'm on mobile!) on the icon that looks like a sheet of paper with folded corner, I get 'unread posts from content you are following', other times I get 'all unread content' and today I was getting 'all new content' 

(they may not all be word perfect, but you get the idea) 

Sometimes, I can edit what appears in the feed, other times no options. 

There is also a little tick I can click to turn green, and sometimes a bin and something else. 

I seem to have no consistency. How do I define what I want to see here every time? 

Thanks in advance guys 👍

You can choose what you want as the default "stream", which is what shows up when you click that little folded paper icon. If you're on mobile, all streams can be found by clicking the menu icon image.png then go to "Activity", and pick any of those (All Activity, Unread Content, or you can create your own activity streams). When you load up any of those, you have the option to make them the default by clicking the check mark next to the title

image.png

If you click that and set it as your default stream, that will be the stream that shows up when you click the folded paper icon. You can change it to whatever you want (I usually keep it on Unread Content or All Activity). 

On 11/12/2018 at 6:57 AM, maryjanewhatsername said:

On 11/12/2018 at 7:05 AM, DeJennsitized said:

It's based on your post count. I don't have the ranks list but I'm sure someone does!

image.png

• Thanks 2

Goofygoldfish

@Fuzz thank you so much 🙏

maryjanewhatsername

So I was in a thread and at the bottom where it says whose viewing it there were some that were italicized. What does that mean??