Lone

GDC Feedback and Help

Nightlife

Is there any way I can block/ignore a user so I won't see their posts? Some people on here are driving me insane with their fighting and OT bullshit :)))) 

Beerjeezus
14 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

Is there any way I can block/ignore a user so I won't see their posts? Some people on here are driving me insane with their fighting and OT bullshit :)))) 

Yes, in account settings you can "manage ignored users" that that will do it. Unfortunately it doesn't work for admins and mods.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Lone
22 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Yes, in account settings you can "manage ignored users" that that will do it. Unfortunately it doesn't work for admins and mods.

Can confirm. We can’t block users. :(

• Like 3

Beerjeezus
18 hours ago, Lone said:

Can confirm. We can’t block users. :(

Sad!

Mar

I've been getting a lot of redirecting/hijacking spam ads on mobile (iirc you guys wanted to know when this was happening in the past, so I wanted to bring it up again just in case)

• Thanks 1

Lone
16 hours ago, Mar said:

I've been getting a lot of redirecting/hijacking spam ads on mobile (iirc you guys wanted to know when this was happening in the past, so I wanted to bring it up again just in case)

We'll look into it. Are you still getting them now?

rootbeersoup

Drop-down menu has some self-esteem issues. At least in Safari.

PFPq2ch.png

• Like 1

Penguin Puffball

Edit: It seems to be working now, nevermind

proud_ginge

The Light theme on mobile seems to be having issues, garbled messages about being out of date and needs resetting?

Fuzz
21 minutes ago, proud_ginge said:

The Light theme on mobile seems to be having issues, garbled messages about being out of date and needs resetting?

The old theme will no longer work. I've enabled a temporary default theme for people who like the light color.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

proud_ginge
2 hours ago, Fuzz said:

The old theme will no longer work. I've enabled a temporary default theme for people who like the light color.

Thank you!

Bully Hoe

I really like the new font! It's not a huge change but it's much more pleasant to read.

Hermione
27 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

I really like the new font! It's not a huge change but it's much more pleasant to read.

I can't even work out what's different about it :lol:. I think maybe it's more spaced out? It looked like that when I first saw it but I'm used to it now so not sure.

Second favourite son
11 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I can't even work out what's different about it :lol:. I think maybe it's more spaced out? It looked like that when I first saw it but I'm used to it now so not sure.

I’m still not convinced that the font has changed at all :ninja:

• Like 1

Hermione
12 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

I’m still not convinced that the font has changed at all :ninja:

I don't know if it's the actual font or just something to do with the spacing. It looks the same to me now but I know it's different because it looked really weird when I first saw it. I'm going to look for a screenshot that shows the old one to compare :P 

• Like 1

Bully Hoe
26 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I don't know if it's the actual font or just something to do with the spacing. It looks the same to me now but I know it's different because it looked really weird when I first saw it. I'm going to look for a screenshot that shows the old one to compare :P 

It is a different font. The "H"s looked differently on my computer, it was like the middle line was twice as thick (it was annoying). But it's different now, the "H"s look normal and I think the edges are more rounded and softer. However, this might not be a GDC update but a Chrome update or something, I don't know :D I assumed it was a GDC change.

(It looks more like the iOS standard font than the Windows standard font tbh)

• Like 1

AlissaGoesRAWR

It's definitely GDC-update-related, because it happened as soon as we were discussing the upgrade! 

That and the emojis are the only differences I've really noticed...

• Like 1

Hermione

Oh yeah it's from the GDC update. Maybe I can find out the name of the font somewhere, I'll see

Edit: I found the font setting on the control panel and it's just called "default" there :P, so none the wiser.

Beerjeezus

The font looks the same to me 

Beerjeezus

Why are some usernames in itallics in "recent visitors" at the bottom of a page? It must mean something but I can't figure out what

Liam
1 minute ago, Jane Lannister said:

Why are some usernames in itallics in "recent visitors" on the bottom of a page? It must mean something but I can't figure out what

At the bottom of a thread? I know years ago that use to meant they were typing a reply to the thread so maybe we have that back

Beerjeezus
1 minute ago, Liam said:

At the bottom of a thread? I know years ago that use to meant they were typing a reply to the thread so maybe we have that back

Yes. It could be that.

Bully Hoe
4 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Yes. It could be that.

When you hover over it, it actually says "Typing" :) 

I just realized that age and join date are not visible anymore. Is there a particular reason why?

• Like 1

Hermione
28 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

I just realized that age and join date are not visible anymore. Is there a particular reason why?

The plugin that allowed it to be there no longer works since the update, so we have to wait until it's updated or replaced. Bit annoying but we do hope to bring it back.

• Thanks 1

Second favourite son
7 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Why are some usernames in itallics in "recent visitors" at the bottom of a page? It must mean something but I can't figure out what

I think it’s people in the ‘members - supporter’ category (ie. people who’ve donated to GDC and thus get it ad-free).  Same way that mods are orange and admins blue.  But don’t know for sure.

• Like 1