Lone

GDC Feedback and Help

Fuzz
12 minutes ago, Spike said:

The ads on the mobile site are making it unusable. I don't mind ads but ones that take over my browser telling me my phone has viruses and to install stuff to fix it is... offputting.

I forgot those were there. I had turned them on to see how it impacted ad revenue. It was supposed to be a small banner on the bottom or top of the site, not anything that took over the full page. I've turned it off.

• Thanks 1

Spike
1 minute ago, Fuzz said:

I forgot those were there. I had turned them on to see how it impacted ad revenue. It was supposed to be a small banner on the bottom or top of the site, not anything that took over the full page. I've turned it off.

Much appreciated! 

Mar

Now that the M/TV/B/G forum is in here, for some reason, when I click on go to first unread post in topics from that forum, and it's taking me to the post directly after mine from Aug. 20 or so, even though I'd posted multiple times in the forum after that and obviously read the content that it's saying is "new" :huh:

AlissaGoesRAWR
1 hour ago, Mar said:

Now that the M/TV/B/G forum is in here, for some reason, when I click on go to first unread post in topics from that forum, and it's taking me to the post directly after mine from Aug. 20 or so, even though I'd posted multiple times in the forum after that and obviously read the content that it's saying is "new" :huh:

@Fuzz Uh oh, you broke it!

TimmyChunks

Can you return the forum theme to the old design? I understand the snow/ holiday theme around the holidays but its been up for a while now. It'd probably my software but the dropping snowflakes/ etc. seem to be slowing down the forum for me and the navigation is worse than before. And also, it was a nice little holiday change but its been two months now and I think its a bit stale. Thanks.

TimmyChunks
23 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

Go to the bottom of the page and click on theme and pick which layout you want 

Thank you- I didn't know about this...much appreciated!

WhiteTim
6 minutes ago, TimmyChunks said:

Thank you- I didn't know about this...much appreciated!

119c14848c39217d98ec1578b80ca55d58e8bbf7

• Like 1

Fuzz
On 2/9/2018 at 8:45 PM, TimmyChunks said:

Can you return the forum theme to the old design? I understand the snow/ holiday theme around the holidays but its been up for a while now. It'd probably my software but the dropping snowflakes/ etc. seem to be slowing down the forum for me and the navigation is worse than before. And also, it was a nice little holiday change but its been two months now and I think its a bit stale. Thanks.

It should be back to normal for everyone else. Looks liek we forgot to turn of Frosty. Which is terrible. One of my favorite things was depriving people of the Christmas spirit.

• Like 1

Beerjeezus
49 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

It should be back to normal for everyone else. Looks liek we forgot to turn of Frosty. Which is terrible. One of my favorite things was depriving people of the Christmas spirit.

I've been using that shitty theme just to see when you turn it off tbh 

• Like 2

Fuzz
56 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I've been using that shitty theme just to see when you turn it off tbh 

Was it worth it? I mean, you should have given us more shit about it.

Beerjeezus
7 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Was it worth it? I mean, you should have given us more shit about it.

Yes, I should have. But then you'd probably keep it until July. 

Montclare

How do you create status updates?  I tried searching, but only saw people mention they had issues.

• Like 1

Hermione
6 hours ago, Montclare said:

How do you create status updates?  I tried searching, but only saw people mention they had issues.

On your profile there's a box under Activity that says "write a public message on your own feed", you do it there.

Montclare
4 hours ago, Hermione said:

On your profile there's a box under Activity that says "write a public message on your own feed", you do it there.

Weird.  I don't seem to have that.

Spike
6 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Weird.  I don't seem to have that.

I had that problem too. You have to go to Edit Profile then check the "enable status updates" box under your member title and birthday section.

• Thanks 2

Montclare
56 minutes ago, Spike said:

I had that problem too. You have to go to Edit Profile then check the "enable status updates" box under your member title and birthday section.

That was the issue!  Thank you!

• Like 2

Hermione
3 hours ago, Spike said:

I didn't know this so thank you :lol: 

• Like 1

Amanda

Looks like there's still a word filter active. The About Me section in my profile is filtering GDC to LSC.

Hermione
7 minutes ago, Amanda said:

Looks like there's still a word filter active. The About Me section in my profile is filtering GDC to LSC.

That's weird, just had a look and there's no words listed to be filtered. I'll let the other admins know, thanks for pointing it out.

• Like 1

Hermione
4 hours ago, Amanda said:

It could be on your end rather than ours, could you try clearing your cache and see if it stops it?

Amanda
46 minutes ago, Hermione said:

It could be on your end rather than ours, could you try clearing your cache and see if it stops it?

I did that before I posted. Check out my About Me and see what it looks like for you, there's an LSC instead of GDC in the first line and then again further on.

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/profile/394-amanda/?tab=field_core_pfield_23

I'll try to manually edit it later, I just thought it might be an idea to let you look at it in case it's a bug in the forum software. God knows we've had plenty of those.

Hermione
1 hour ago, Amanda said:

I did that before I posted. Check out my About Me and see what it looks like for you, there's an LSC instead of GDC in the first line and then again further on.

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/profile/394-amanda/?tab=field_core_pfield_23

I'll try to manually edit it later, I just thought it might be an idea to let you look at it in case it's a bug in the forum software. God knows we've had plenty of those.

Strange, well thanks and I'll let you know if we figure it out.

1 hour ago, Amanda said:

Hang on can I ask when you wrote your about me/where it says LSC? Was it before during or after April 1st? Also could you try writing GDC on there now (and saving it) and see what happens?

Amanda
3 hours ago, Hermione said:

Strange, well thanks and I'll let you know if we figure it out.

Hang on can I ask when you wrote your about me/where it says LSC? Was it before during or after April 1st? Also could you try writing GDC on there now (and saving it) and see what happens?

It's proper old, I haven't touched it for years. I'll edit it now and see if it stays.

EDIT: Editing worked, thought it probably would. Must be one of those weird software bugs that pop up now and again. I wonder how many people have "GDC" in their profile pages, might be worth them checking it out and editing if necessary.

Hermione
12 hours ago, Amanda said:

It's proper old, I haven't touched it for years. I'll edit it now and see if it stays.

EDIT: Editing worked, thought it probably would. Must be one of those weird software bugs that pop up now and again. I wonder how many people have "GDC" in their profile pages, might be worth them checking it out and editing if necessary.

Right thanks. It wasn't even supposed to change words retroactively and didn't (other than this) as far as I know so that is odd. Doesn't seem to be any problems now though so yeah I guess if anyone else finds GDC changed to LSC on their profile just edit it.