Lone

GDC Feedback and Help

WhiteTim

Not exactly what I meant but okay :)

Then what are you refering to then?

Maid Meringue

Then what are you refering to then?

It was this section in GDA that had pictures of rare merch and a short description of each thing. It was kind of like a reference for people to keep an eye out for on ebay.

WhiteTim

It was this section in GDA that had pictures of rare merch and a short description of each thing. It was kind of like a reference for people to keep an eye out for on ebay.

Oh must been before my time

Maid Meringue

I have a legit question:

When typing a response, it says "last auto saved" at the bottom, right?
But if I accidentally click out of the thread, there is no draft to pull up.
Is there a place that I should try accessing? If not, what is the point of that function?

rootbeersoup

I have a legit question:

When typing a response, it says "last auto saved" at the bottom, right?

But if I accidentally click out of the thread, there is no draft to pull up.

Is there a place that I should try accessing? If not, what is the point of that function?

I'm sorry a mod couldn't help you out sooner. You'll have to excuse them, they're really awful at their job.

It'll allow you to view autosaved content when you reload the page and click "View Auto Saved Content" in the quick reply box.

33lms9f.png

Maid Meringue

I'm sorry a mod couldn't help you out sooner. You'll have to excuse them, they're really awful at their job.

It'll allow you to view autosaved content when you reload the page and click "View Auto Saved Content" in the quick reply box.

Ugh, why didn't I see that? -_-

Thank you!

Spike

I don't have a "View Auto Saved Content" button. If this is how this website treats its former leaders I don't know if I belong here anymore.

rootbeersoup

I don't have a "View Auto Saved Content" button. If this is how this website treats its former leaders I don't know if I belong here anymore.

You need to have something auto-save first, which doesn't happen until a minute or two after you start typing your initial content

#RBShelpsGDC

• Like 1

Dolphin

How do you autosave, and what is autosaving?

Karl Karlson

Please fix the rating of threads in the download section (can'T change the vote after the first time). Fuzz replied once - but never again. I'm still waiting in the same place - I haven't been to the toilet or daylight since then (November 8th). I have eaten my hair that grew in the meantime.

S-O-S

Ok, so you guys fixed it. Thanks.

Fuzz

How do you autosave, and what is autosaving?

You don't autosave, by nature of its name, it does it automatically if you start typing a reply but take a little time before you press post. If you accidentally close the page or press back or something, you'll see the 'View Autosaved' link as shown above, but only if enough time has passed for your content to be autosaved to begin with.

I actually do kind of agree with this ... it kind of scared the shit out of me at first :lol:

That's what it's supposed to do. When we leave announcements up for too long people just start ignoring what they say not realizing that we have changed the message. Hence the change in colors when it's updated and it's something we want to make sure people saw.

Does GDA still have a "Rare Stuff" section? I've been looking for it...for a couple years...lol

We don't. Took it down quite some time ago because I didn't have time to update it and wasn't in any position to really know how rare stuff was. At that time we didn't really have anyone on the team who could maintain it.

Penguin Puffball

Could somebody send me my current password? For whatever reason I logged out on mobile and even though I know I'm using the right password it won't let me back in.

Iva

Could somebody send me my current password? For whatever reason I logged out on mobile and even though I know I'm using the right password it won't let me back in.

Passwords are encrypted in the database and nobody can actually see them. You can request a password reset or ask the admins to change your password to something random, such as 123456, so you could then log in and change it to something safer.

A fun fact: an admin can log in as any user and read everything that belongs to that user's content. That's how Invision works.

Penguin Puffball

Passwords are encrypted in the database and nobody can actually see them. You can request a password reset or ask the admins to change your password to something random, such as 123456, so you could then log in and change it to something safer.

A fun fact: an admin can log in as any user and read everything that belongs to that user's content. That's how Invision works.

I'm not seeing a place to just change my password. It requires my current password and nothing that has been my password in the last year is working. This happened a few months ago too.

Liam

I'm not seeing a place to just change my password. It requires my current password and nothing that has been my password in the last year is working. This happened a few months ago too.

When you go to log in click "forgot password" and it will send you some emails and you'll get a new one there. Then you can sign in and change your password using that password.

Before you go doing this though, I suggest seeing if your password works on the computer as I've heard of a lot of people having trouble with the mobile skin, so that might be the problem.

Penguin Puffball

When you go to log in click "forgot password" and it will send you some emails and you'll get a new one there. Then you can sign in and change your password using that password.

Before you go doing this though, I suggest seeing if your password works on the computer as I've heard of a lot of people having trouble with the mobile skin, so that might be the problem.

Let me try that quick. If it doesn't work, I'll be back in probably 20 minutes sobbing with a dent in my head :P

Penguin Puffball

Okay, I saved my new password on the regular website, cuz my password wasn't working here either. Let me see if it works on mobile now.

Edit: It's working now. Thanks guys! If I didn't have GDC mobile I might actually die. That's only a slight exaggeration. I love this site too much. :lol:

Dolphin

it's automatic. you don't have to do anything. that's the point.

So it happens while you type something?

Liam

So it happens while you type something?

Yes. You don't have to click anything to save it, it will do it itself.

• Like 1

Dolphin

Thanks, that's a cool idea.

Dolphin

When someone post something and their post count doesn't go up does that mean that they are banned/their post's aren't actually posted?

Cameron.

hey what do i do wen i go soft inside my gf and cant get hard agin

• Like 1