Anybody ever wonder why billie sings "This is Seh dawning" instead of "This is the dawning"?

xBlaydeRx

On the song holiday, has anyone notice billie saying "Seh" instead of "The"?

Try not to be a damn asshole, it's only a question.

It almost sounds like he's saying "This is "A" dawning of the rest of our lives" instead of "This is "The dawning of the rest of our lives"

The song would of been more powerful if he added "The" instead of say "Seh dawning "

Comments??

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not the strangest thing he pronounces - listen to Paper Lanterns.

"sun-sation" tho

Right, I forgot about that. I've been listening to their early stuff more recently.

I actually think he is slurring the is and the together so it is This sthe dawning instead of This is the dawning.

Have you noticed that on 21st Century Breakdown and the trilogy he almost over enunciates. Almost like he took speech therapy.

Have you noticed that on 21st Century Breakdown and the trilogy he almost over enunciates. Almost like he took speech therapy.

AKA Broadway training.

And ironically, as the quality of his lyrics got worse, his enunciation got better. That's a shame, really. Nobody needs the lyrics of Makeout Party enunciated clearly but many of us would love to understand the lyrics on Insomniac without incessantly needing the aid of the lyrics sheets.

He was probably off hit nut on crack and meth, chugging down a few beers to take the harshness off at the time, cut the guy some slack.

Seh is the Hebrew word for 666 and heroin. It's a subliminal message. Also I won't be an asshole but if you continue to make threads like this, the forum will pick you apart real fast.

Seh is the Hebrew word for 666 and heroin. It's a subliminal message. Also I won't be an asshole but if you continue to make threads like this, the forum will pick you apart real fast.

Already happened to them once. They came back for more :happy:

AKA Broadway training.

for the Trilogy maybe, 21st Century Breakdown was recorded and released nearly a year before anything happened on Broadway and even longer than that by the time Billie started training for a Broadway performance.

sorry but, where he speaks "sun-sation"

in Give me novacaine, "take away the sensation inside".

Archived