The Warning Shots to play Dookie live 10/25 (Boston / New England)

45FeetUnder

Hi Everyone - first post here, don't want to look like a spammer, but I thought I'd let you know about a show this weekend that people in the New England area would really dig- Boston's The Warning Shots playing Dookie in its entirety! Plus lots more great bands that Green Day fans will appreciate...

102414-halloween.png

First show on Friday will feature original sets, Saturday is the cover sets.

Tickets available here - hope some of you can make it out!

Welcome! Just going to move this to Green Day News (where Green Day related news topics go) and add the name of the band playing it to the title to avoid people getting confused and thinking it's Green Day themselves playing it haha. But sounds like a really cool event, thanks for posting!

• 2 weeks later...

Same here- just saw this. Too bad.

localinsomniac- do you know of any good GD cover bands in the Boston area? I've never seen one. A cover band played a GD set at the Harp prior to their show at the Garden in '09, but I don't remember their name and they were only ok anyway.

I went on a skiing trip to Quebec City in college (must have been '02) and we went to Chez Dagobert one night- it's a huge music venue (live rock on the first floor/ dance and techno on the 2nd). By sheer luck the first floor was a Weezer cover band followed by a GD cover band called "Minority". It was ridiculously good and they played a lot of the obscure Kerplunk/ SOSH material in addition to the hits. They were great and it was a night I will never forget. I wish we had a local cover band like that in our area.

Archived