Green Day plan to rerelease Tune in Tokyo for Black Friday

Sappy

I thought it was just the US?

Nope - I asked my record store here in Vienna if they participate - yes, they do. It's international :)

Black Friday is a (North) American thing, but they thought it would be a good idea to do it worldwide.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope - I asked my record store here in Vienna if they participate - yes, they do. It's international :)

Black Friday is a (North) American thing, but they thought it would be a good idea to do it worldwide.

:runaround:

Now to find a record store...

:runaround:

Now to find a record store...

Where do you live? In Europe?

It MAY be too late to get one for sure, since most (?) record stores order their records by demand. So if nobody else would want the record (at my record store) - they wouldn't order it.

Anyways, good luck :)

Where do you live? In Europe?

It MAY be too late to get one for sure, since most (?) record stores order their records by demand. So if nobody else would want the record (at my record store) - they wouldn't order it.

Anyways, good luck :)

Yeah, I'm just outside a large town below London, and I'm pretty sure there aren't any record stores around here.

Yeah, I'm just outside a large town below London, and I'm pretty sure there aren't any record stores around here.

Oh boy :(

You should ask some other UK people if they could get one for you too, or if they don't want one, they could buy one and send it to you. Asking doesn't cost a thing ;)

Wait I'm a little confused...isn't record store day in april?

This particular record is coming out next week, in-store though, right?

So why is it labeled as a RSD release?

There's like a mini RSD on Black Friday I guess.

There RSD in the Spring and one on Black Friday

Another Black Friday exclusive

A little last minute but they squeaked out a Black Friday exclusive color for this Green Day classic LP! We open at 9am on 11/28. Don't miss it! ‪#‎greenday‬ @greendayig ‪#‎blackfriday‬ ‪#‎recordstoreday‬ ‪#‎1234gorecords‬ ‪#‎recordstore‬ ‪#‎vinyligclub‬

10505296_10152613802236785_7249157798703

someone on instagram apparently has already bought their Tune in Tokyo before the release date....waiting on a response as to how they got it.

wait so is the Kerplunk vinyl a nationwide RSD thing or just for 1,2,3,4 Go Records! ?

It's the Green splattered vinyl - so nothing new, except a little sticker on it (not the RSD silver one).

But if it's nationwide or not, I don't know

It's the Green splattered vinyl - so nothing new, except a little sticker on it (not the RSD silver one).

But if it's nationwide or not, I don't know

if it's nationwide I would be really happy, I don't have any Kerplunk vinyl haha my total vinyl collection of various artists is like 15 records :P

Just ordered Insomniac and Dookie yesterday for 15$ Canadian, Gotta love Black Friday, I think I have all of their records on vinyl.

It's from 2001

Listening to it now, ohh its from warning and king for a day is on there which was on Nimrod.

Listening to it now, ohh its from warning and king for a day is on there which was on Nimrod.

I just got done listening to it, and I like it a lot. Very good live takes of the Warning era, which is an area with not so much stuff. Goat Island is a great concert, and the EPK is cool, but other than that I can't think of any more good Warning era stuff.

I just got done listening to it, and I like it a lot. Very good live takes of the Warning era, which is an area with not so much stuff. Goat Island is a great concert, and the EPK is cool, but other than that I can't think of any more good Warning era stuff.

They were all amazing concerts, and I like it too! so good :)

Does anyone know for sure if this vinyl will have a digital download? The official record store day site doesn't say whether it does or not.

Does anyone know for sure if this vinyl will have a digital download? The official record store day site doesn't say whether it does or not.

I'm curious about this also now. I don't really want the vinyl as I no longer have a turntable but would love the download.

I'm curious about this also now. I don't really want the vinyl as I no longer have a turntable but would love the download.

Yeah I do kinda want the vinyl more as a collector and i did just get a turntable but i usually need the download too if it's something i don't already have. I saw that someone somewhere online said that there was a download but still not official. I might just be going to a couple local record stores the monday or tuesday after that friday and see if they have any left over. I worry about the traffic and craziness of black friday. And the stores are both more than 20 minutes away so...

Archived