Green Day plan to rerelease Tune in Tokyo for Black Friday

Sappy

The releases are below:

Green Day: Tune In Tokyo; Transparent blue vinyl. Limited to 5,000

This limited-edition 2001 live recording from Japan is available worldwide for the first time ever on transparent blue vinyl.

http://planetstereolive.wordpress.com/2014/10/15/warner-bros-records-releases-for-record-store-days-black-friday/

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where do we go to buy it?

If it's for Record Store Day then record stores. You can find out which ones are participating in your area here.

Here are some pictures of the original release

706DB73C-170E-45D1-BDAB-4EB6F8014C67.jpg

999F3920-E203-4A56-B19C-79F06425F1EA.jpg

03ABE39D-2463-4CF9-B683-761DBDAD7C93.jpgF7DB670F-6CCD-41DA-8524-789B5597AA4A.jpg6CC3FBBB-C43F-4743-9554-098A4FA0FB79_1.jF879723F-9E79-41D5-9B18-C0DB19A9F720_1.jEB7D2486-35F8-4031-B24E-1E8610414A9E.jpg

Disappointed they didn't do a glow in the dark vinyl, since the CD glows in the dark

The inner artwork bears more than a passing resemblance to Stiff Little Finger's infamous Inflammable Material artwork. Interesting.

F879723F-9E79-41D5-9B18-C0DB19A9F720_1.j

desktop.jpg?1392921363

If it's for Record Store Day then record stores. You can find out which ones are participating in your area here.

So the stores that participated in RSD this year are likely to have this?

So the stores that participated in RSD this year are likely to have this?

I assume so. I clicked the link to "Record Store Day's Black Friday" here and it took me to the RSD site.

Good news for non-Americans:

Like on regular Record Store Day, record stores all over the place will be participating on RSD Black Friday. I assume that because my record store (Rave Up Reords) in Vienna will participate (but they don't have a list of what's available, yet).

So, just call/write the record store of your choice and maybe they get the record(s) you want - the earlier you call, the better, I guess. Since they have to send the list of orders pretty soon, I imagine.

Good news for non-Americans:

Like on regular Record Store Day, record stores all over the place will be participating on RSD Black Friday. I assume that because my record store (Rave Up Reords) in Vienna will participate (but they don't have a list of what's available, yet).

So, just call/write the record store of your choice and maybe they get the record(s) you want - the earlier you call, the better, I guess. Since they have to send the list of orders pretty soon, I imagine.

That's great news! Now to actually find a record store...

I sent an email to the record shop in AZ that I was able to get Demoliscious from and have asked if they will be carrying it. Will report back when I hear.

I sent an email to the record shop in AZ that I was able to get Demoliscious from and have asked if they will be carrying it. Will report back when I hear.

I also sent an email the day this news emerged. No reply yet

I also sent an email the day this news emerged. No reply yet

I'm thinking they might not know yet what they will be getting and until they do we just have to...wait.

Wow, the "official" announcement on Greenday.com isn't even "official". It's just a scan of the CD cover, you can tell by the bottom left, and it sources Planet Stereo, not even Warner

Wow, the "official" announcement on Greenday.com isn't even "official". It's just a scan of the CD cover, you can tell by the bottom left, and it sources Planet Stereo, not even Warner

sometimes I wonder who manages the official site, it could be alot better than it is right now

of course i know the official site is managed by Green day, but i meant who posts the news and stuff, cuz sometimes it seems kinda amateur.

as an examples, the release date for kerplunk is wrong, so is the amerecan idiot.

of course i know the official site is managed by Green day, but i meant who posts the news and stuff, cuz sometimes it seems kinda amateur.

as an examples, the release date for kerplunk is wrong, so is the amerecan idiot.

I wish I could say more.

Here's the response I got:

Thanks for checking with us! We haven't placed our RSD/Black Friday orders yet, but I'm sure we'll be trying to get this one this year.

We do have to follow the same guidelines though, so we aren't able to take pre-orders or sell any copies until the Monday after Black Friday...

Any "Record Store Day" product that doesn't sell over the weekend will be made available on our site on that following Monday.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the cover art for the vinyl:

418456131178_grande.jpeg?v=1413914688

The CD cover cuts off at the top of the title, so this one's a little different :D

http://turntablelab.com/products/green-day-tune-in-tokyo-colored-vinyl-vinyl-lp-record-store-day

Also, appears this is gonna be a 12" record

http://www.melodysupreme.org/product/green-day-tune-in-tokyo-transparent-blue-colored-vinyl-wdigital-downloadblack-friday-exclusive/

• 2 weeks later...

Green Day

Tune In, Tokyo

DETAILS
Format: 12" Vinyl
Label: Reprise
Release type: RSD Exclusive Release
More Info:

Tune In, Tokyo limited edition 2001 live recording from Japan, available worldwide for the first time ever on blue vinyl.

Track List:
SIDE A: "Church on Sunday (Live)"; "Castaway (Live)"; "Blood, Sex and Booze (Live)"; "King For A Day (Live)" SIDE B: "Waiting (Live)"; "Minority (Live)"; "Macy's Day Parade (Live)"

http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/7618

Archived