What Green Day and Metallica Teach Us About Difficult Conversations

Jet Taman

Interesting little article. I like how Forbes magazine runs articles about the biggest "punk" (loosely used) band in the world and the biggest "metal" band in the world. 20 years ago they wouldn't give these guys the time of day.

Man, I wish these guys would go out on tour together.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ruthblatt/2014/10/13/what-green-day-and-metallica-teach-us-about-difficult-conversations/

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"they had made three poorly received albums and were barely on speaking terms with each other"

:lol:

Interesting read about Metallica though!

Man, I wish these guys would go out on tour together.

Since both bands are now essentially stadium rock bands that pay musical lip service to their groundbreaking origins, on paper this seems like a good idea. In reality, the vast majority of Metaillica fans are elitist cunts who hate Green Day because they're not technical enough (whilst worshipping Lars Ulrich), and most Green Day fans have about as much appreciation for metal as Justin Bieber.

I like Metallica. I like Green Day. But it'd be a disaster.

Since both bands are now essentially stadium rock bands that pay musical lip service to their groundbreaking origins, on paper this seems like a good idea. In reality, the vast majority of Metaillica fans are elitist cunts who hate Green Day because they're not technical enough (whilst worshipping Lars Ulrich), and most Green Day fans have about as much appreciation for metal as Justin Bieber.

I like Metallica. I like Green Day. But it'd be a disaster.

Hahaha you are absolutely correct. It was a comment made out of pure selfishness! I think the age range of fans would be huge as well. Both Metallica and Green Day have fans middle aged (like myself) and middle school aged.

"and made polished versions of three-chord punk songs..."

I see no lies.

What's set Green Day apart from the pop punk scene in general is that they tend to use four chords.

What's set Green Day apart from the pop punk scene in general is that they tend to use four chords.

I don't always rep, but when I do, I rep posts like these.

You do?

I go along with this joke because it's funny, but let's be honest, he only really ever criticizes the Trilogy, which is no more than the rest of us. :P Sure he thinks Billie's an arse, but who doesn't? :P

Sure he thinks Billie's an arse, but who doesn't? :P

I don't. I've never met the dude. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

Steve Jobs. :P

Love your user title, BTW. :lol:

“I can’t wait for Steve Jobs to die of fucking cancer.” - Some cunt.

Love your user title, BTW. :lol:

Thank you. :wub:

“I can’t wait for Steve Jobs to die of fucking cancer.” - Some cunt.

I'm sure you've said bad things while drunk. :P He even said in Rolling Stone that it was stupid and he regretted it.

I'm sure you've said bad things while drunk. :P He even said in Rolling Stone that it was stupid and he regretted it.

Prove that he was drunk.

Thank you. :wub:

:wub:

Lots of people say they regret stupid statements they made if those statements become public. Doesn't necessarily mean a damn thing (and in fact usually doesn't).

Prove that he was drunk.

Prove that he said it.

:wub:

Lots of people say they regret stupid statements they made if those statements become public. Doesn't necessarily mean a damn thing (and in fact usually doesn't).

He said he regretted years later. Nobody cared anymore. I didn't even know he said it until that article.

Prove that he said it.

wat

He said he regretted years later. Nobody cared anymore. I didn't even know he said it until that article.

All I'm saying is you can't necessarily take people's word for everything, and Billie has a history of saying stupid shit like that.

Is there a video?

Yes; coincidentally, it just resurfaced (though I don't have the URL at the mo'). Though more to the point...if Billie apologized for making the statement, clearly he made the statement. :P

Yes; coincidentally, it just resurfaced (though I don't have the URL at the mo'). Though more to the point...if Billie apologized for making the statement, clearly he made the statement. :P

Maybe he was drunk during the interview.

Maybe he was drunk during the interview.

I'll give you that one because I almost spat my drink onto my computer when I read it. :lol:

I'm willing to believe he actually regretted since he brought it up himself in that interview. But it doesn't change a thing on the statement being one of the cuntiest things I heard :D On the other hand, it doesn't make him a bad person in general. A lot of us have said terrible things.

I'll give you that one because I almost spat my drink onto my computer when I read it. :lol:

Poor computer

• 4 weeks later...

I think that Green Day and Metallica could potentially make a great song together. And they aren't completely unrelated. Remember when Green Day covered Hybrid Moments for Metallica's birthday? They could meld their styles together: Green Day but with a metal edge. Billie Joe and Mike singing the verses, with James, Captain Kirk and Robert joining in on the chorus.

Archived