Billie Joe a co-chair for the New York Stage and Film's Winter Gala November 16, New York City

desertrose

Michael Mayer to Be Honored by New York Stage and Film

"Michael Mayer's extraordinary range as an artist, encompassing everything from theater to television to cutting edge opera, not to mention his 20 year relationship to New York Stage and Film, makes him a perfect recipient for this honor," Artistic Director Johanna Pfaelzer said in a statement.

The evening's other honoree will be Rick Miramontez, the theatrical press agent whose company, O&M Co., represents Broadway and off-Broadway productions, as well as New York Stage and Film.

Cochairs for the gala include Billie Joe Armstrong, Edie Falco, Harvey Fierstein, Neil Patrick Harris, Cyndi Lauper, and Thomas Schumacher. Gala committee members include Kristin Chenoweth, Julianna Margulies, Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick, Laura Linney, Jennifer Westfeldt and Jon Hamm, Lea Michele, Jonathan Groff, and John Gallagher Jr.

http://www.theatermania.com/new-york-city-theater/news/michael-mayer-ny-stage-and-film_70227.html

http://www.newyorkstageandfilm.org/support-us/

Tables and tickets:

https://www.total-management.co.uk/gala-booking

info-for-website3-400x389.png

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well okay, it's nice that Billie's helping to honor Michael Mayer, the man who pretty much transformed Billie's masterpiece album into a hit Broadway spectacle, but what exactly would he be... doing? I mean, what does being a co-chair for this gala entail? Does he give a speech? Does he moderate the proceedings? What!!

Well okay, it's nice that Billie's helping to honor Michael Mayer, the man who pretty much transformed Billie's masterpiece album into a hit Broadway spectacle, but what exactly would he be... doing? I mean, what does being a co-chair for this gala entail? Does he give a speech? Does he moderate the proceedings? What!!

Good questions, is it worth getting tickets for???

I don't think I can handle the idea of NPH and BJA together. My two favorite three-named people in the world.

I hope NPH hosts with some kind of spectacular song and dance and then BJ just sits there hitting a triangle or something.

Broadway and the theatre is obviously something Billie has really fallen in love with. Nice to see, he could have easily just used Michael Mayer as an instrument to get his album to the stage and then dumped him.

Cool. What's he gonna do?

Most likely just attend, sit at a fancy table, and maybe make a short speech?

Broadway and the theatre is obviously something Billie has really fallen in love with. Nice to see, he could have easily just used Michael Mayer as an instrument to get his album to the stage and then dumped him.

Wasn't it Mike who approached Billie.

yeaah...wondered about that as well :lol:

Billie and NPH together :D

exactly my thought! :D

I don't think I can handle the idea of NPH and BJA together. My two favorite three-named people in the world.

I hope NPH hosts with some kind of spectacular song and dance and then BJ just sits there hitting a triangle or something.

oh my god, best fucking idea ever!! :lol: that would be awesome :lol: ...and maybe a little kiss at the end? :shifty:

NPH and BJA together is just a dream! :woot:

• 1 month later...

I will probably wet myself when a photo of Billie and Neil surfaces.

Maybe they will do a something together with Billie as St. Jimmy and Neil and Hedwig.

Maybe they will do a something together with Billie as St. Jimmy and Neil and Hedwig.

I think that would take a lot of preparation that probably didn't happen, but if it did I would die and go to heaven.

I think that would take a lot of preparation that probably didn't happen, but if it did I would die and go to heaven.

It was wishful thinking on my part.

That escalted quickly. Not sure which 'wet' you meant :lol:

Au contraire, I've been fluffing up for this for weeks.

I'm here and he still hasn't shown up. I don't think he's coming :(

That doesn't make sense... he's IN NYC and he's one of the co-chairs of the event. Maybe he arrived before you or through a different entrance. By "here" do you mean outside waiting or inside at the gala? Are there other celebrities hanging out around you or maybe they're all in some other room?

It makes a lot of sense. A lot of celebrities listed as chair don't attend these things. It's happened many times before. I'm waiting outside at the main entrance. I saw a few lesser celebrities arrive, but not him. The photographers who shot the red carpet came out and said they didn't see him. I've been here since 5PM.

That doesn't make sense... he's IN NYC and he's one of the co-chairs of the event. Maybe he arrived before you or through a different entrance. By "here" do you mean outside waiting or inside at the gala? Are there other celebrities hanging out around you or maybe they're all in some other room?

I think he may have flown home for the weekend, since there's been no spottings since Friday.

The other entrance has construction so he can't go in that way.

Not really odd co chairs aren't required to attend

Agreed but just thought he'd be there considering his close friendship with Michael Mayer.

Archived