Green Day nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Give_Me_Novacaine90

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we all knew they would be nominated, they certainly deserve the nomination. Now here's hoping they get voted in!!

Green Day, Nine Inch Nails, Smiths Nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Lou Reed, N.W.A and Sting are also in contention for the Class of 2015, with voting again open to fans

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/green-day-nine-inch-nails-smiths-nominated-for-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-20141009

I heard that but I thought it was a rumor! Congrats to them :)

I'm thinking Nine Inch Nails will get in before them. No particular reason behind that, just a hunch.

I'm thinking Nine Inch Nails will get in before them. No particular reason behind that, just a hunch.

I love NIN dearly, but I disagree.

The fans vote? What kind of shittown HOF is this. I expect they get in but I don't feel like it should be a popularity contest. At least not completely.

i'm thinking this as well.

Out of the ones I know there Green Day and Joan Jett should get in, both have had a huge influence on rock.

I'm thinking that Green Day has more of the younger audience, and more fans to (and that will online) vote and promote them. Also just a hunch. :P

The fans vote? What kind of shittown HOF is this. I expect they get in but I don't feel like it should be a popularity contest. At least not completely.

The majority of the votes comes from musicians, etc. Public voting only accounts for a small portion of the total votes. Where one of the "experts" votes would be worth 1000 or more votes from the public. Actually it is likely to be even more votes then that.

Also note GD are now in the lead.

I'm thinking that Green Day has more of the younger audience, and more fans to (and that will online) vote and promote them. Also just a hunch. :P

Oh, wait, didn't see that it was a vote. What is this shit?!

I was thinking that if they get in, what a great opportunity to announce the future of the band. I see two options: A. They started workng on the American Idiot movie again and/or they are going back to the studio. B. They started working on the American Idiot movie again and/or they have accomplished all they can and the induction ceremony will be their last performance together.

If I was a betting woman, I would go for B.

This is great! :woot:

I think they have a good chance of being inducted next year!

Good for Green Day. I think this will be a really powerful moment for them when they get in.

beside the grammy award and other awards they got in their career, i think this would be a very special honour for them :)

Just going by pedigree, especially compared to the other bands in the voting, Green Day should be the first people in off this list. They have a huge list of hits, 2 block buster albums, lots of influence on their genre, and longevity.

I don't know if anyone would know this, but can you buy tickets to the induction ceremony? I live in Cleveland and this would be a dream come true to be there when they get inducted. I'm 98% positive they are going to get inducted. I'm giddy because all of this feels so right.

Archived