Identify this old logo?

Jack

Hey guys, I've looked all over for this logo in album art, etc, but can't find it. I know I've seen it before and that it's old, but can anyone link me to an appearance of the logo, or tell me where it's from? Thanks!

mBo5Ssf.png

I don't recall ever seeing it. First place I'd start looking are on old fliers, maybe send Jesse Michaels a message about it, since he did a lot of the art for the Gilman scene, including 39/Smooth and Kerplunk. I'm friends with him on facebook, so it shouldn't be too hard to track him down. I'd like to know more about why you think it's Green Day related, as I've never seen it before as far as I know. If it was used on a flier, maybe it was used for an event or another band, because if it was used multiple times I think it would've stood out to me.

Another place to check are the Cometbus Zines, and others from the time

And finally, check some of the old Lookout catalogs.

Almost looks kinda like the artwork they did in the Dookie era so maybe start looking at single and flyers and any other sort of releases you can think of from that time frame?

I'm 99% sure you won't find this on any Green Day cover, booklet or anything that has to do with their releases. So I think it's very likely that it's from a flyer - so I would go the way Todd mentioned.

Gilman flyer probably. They always had weird wacky drawings on their posters and still do. I don't think it has a direct link with the band. I have some old re prints of flyers for Gilman shows, i'll have a rummage.

This logo doesn't have anything to do with Green Day. I saw lots of flyers, including Gilman ones - there were all sorts of wacky drawings, but nothing even similar to this. Yes, it must be crappily cut out The Matches logo.

matchesheader2.png

phoca_thumb_l_thematches.jpg

Plus, The Matches formed in 1997, so the logo didn't exist in the early days of Green Day.

http://www.thematches.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Matches

Archived