Billie Joe Armstrong and Joey Armstrong record 'Turn Me On' for The Shrives

StuckWithDom

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's wrong with that?

I want his guitar, not bass skills. But, It's good to give another guy a chance.

Josh could play bass.

i don't know whether Josh is even able to play the bass :lol: ...and imo it's cool to hear Billie on the bass for once ;) i actually love it when he plays bass, he's an awesome bassist :happy:

i don't know whether Josh is even able to play the bass :lol: ...and imo it's cool to hear Billie on the bass for once ;) i actually love it when he plays bass, he's an awesome bassist :happy:

Well, yeah, bass on "Missing You" video on "Cuatro" did sound awesome.

Well, yeah, bass on "Missing You" video on "Cuatro" did sound awesome.

see?;)

...and he once played it at a show i've been at and he played it right in front of me and that was one of the greatest things ever...he's amazing on the bass ;) (okay, maybe i was just too high to recognize how he actually plays but in my memory it's been great :P )

see? ;)

...and he once played it at a show i've been at and he played it right in front of me and that was one of the greatest things ever...he's amazing on the bass ;) (okay, maybe i was just too high to recognize how he actually plays but in my memory it's been great :P )

Yeah, you changed my mind. You are part of the Illuminati.

Yeah, "Missing You" doesn't sound to me like some tricky song or something, yet it sounds awesome. That proves that you don't have to be Jimi Hendrix/Jaco Pastorius on guitar/bass to sound awesome. Few effects, and playing with your head gives amazing combination for good riff.

Yeah, you changed my mind. You are part of the Illuminati.

Yeah, "Missing You" doesn't sound to me like some tricky song or something, yet it sounds awesome. That proves that you don't have to be Jimi Hendrix/Jaco Pastorius on guitar/bass to sound awesome. Few effects, and playing with your head gives amazing combination for good riff.

yay :D

yeah i totally agree on that ;) ...and sometimes easier is better ;)

yay :D

yeah i totally agree on that ;) ...and sometimes easier is better ;)

You know, when someone changes my mind, that person has secret powers, he's part of the Illuminati.

Yup...I kind of like "Carousel" from Blink-182, and I think it's simple to play.

You know, when someone changes my mind, that person has secret powers, he's part of the Illuminati.

Yup...I kind of like "Carousel" from Blink-182, and I think it's simple to play.

hehe who knows :shifty:

aw yeah, that song is awesome! :happy:

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd add this here, as well as in the other thread (Kerrang! #1540 - October 25th 2014)

3Tungk.jpg

• 1 month later...
Published on Jan 16, 2015

First video from time spent in Jingletown.

Video of Matt with Billie Joe and Joey

Nice to see a little glimpse of them in the studio! I also enjoyed the leopard print chair. Seriously every single time I see a photo/video from that studio or Billie's house I see a new piece of leopard print furniture :lol:

Thought the Foxboro setlist was going to be the most interesting thing but then Billie popped up at the end :D

Thought the Foxboro setlist was going to be the most interesting thing but then Billie popped up at the end :D

And he looks like a lumberjack :)

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Now this name will most likely not mean anything to you, however we'd like from you to stick with us on this one.
If you're into punk rock you're going to love this.
Matt Grocott & The Shrives were approached by Billie Armstrong after Billie's son Joey tipped him off about the existence of this band. Billie flew the band over to his studio in California to work on their debut album. 
This album 'Back In The Morrow' was produced by Billie Joe Armstrong and recorded by Chris Dugan (Worked with U2 & Green Day). Joey played the drums for album. Even Billie Joe himself helped out by playing bass.
Joey Armstrong has the following thing to say about playing drums for Matt Grocott & The Shrives:

“Working on this project was super rad for me. I’m a musician who wants to be in the studio and I got lucky with Matt and Josh [both of Matt Grocott And The Shrives] who both write killer songs. I learned the songs in the studio right before we recorded and it felt natural. These songs have influences from older bands and I listened to a lot of Elvis Costello’s drummer Pete Thomas to get a vibe for what I wanted to do. I’m really excited with how they turned out and can’t wait for people to hear them.”

http://www.strifethemagazine.com/newsfeed/matt-grocott-the-shrives-release-video

Archived