Dead Mermaids- Tre Cool side-project

emenius

I NEED IT :o

but I wish that video featured an actual song clip.

I really hope that this is less "humor" and more "expanding different music styles". The quality of the music will rely on how seriously Tre (and company) takes it.

Born from the sacred union of an Icelandic Narwhal and Roark, The Dead Mermaids are the cornerstone of evil in Volume 7: "Rocketship to Reykjavik." Drink from the horn and indoctrinate your pathetic souls with freakish cries from the Icelandic underbelly!
Full length video drops Monday November 24th, 2014 on roark.com and whatyouth.com
http://vimeo.com/112316712

I NEED IT :o

but I wish that video featured an actual song clip.

I really hope that this is less "humor" and more "expanding different music styles". The quality of the music will rely on how seriously Tre (and company) takes it.

Nah it's humour. As I said on the first page, if they were actually setting up to play black metal Tré would need a much larger kit and they'd need another guitarist.

Expecting something Steel Panther-esque, unfortunately.

If anyone seriously spends $40 on that bundle they need to be slapped...with Tre's precious fish. I mean really $40 is he serious? If I had that much money to waste a month before christmas I'd donate to help find a cure for ebola. That's ridiculous.

I have no idea what the hell any of this is but I definitely want more Dead Mermaids. Tre's voice oddly fits this genre perfectly, though the cheap Halloween costumes and faux Icelandic accents are kind of off-putting :lol:

Also, $40 really isn't that bad for a bundle? I mean typically a band tshirt will go for like $20ish as is, plus you get the record and that Roark magazine and some pins and stuff. Gotta say, I love the artwork on the album and the fact that the bundle comes in a fish net.

This is fucking hilarious, its almost as good as a Tre solo album. I hope they release an actual music video for My Fish haha.

I'm thoroughly disappointed :lol: this is definitely not Death metal - be it Icelandic or otherwise.
But then again I was foolish enough to believe that Tre could pull off some stellar vocals :rolleyes: he's not exactly Glen Benton

It's still super cute to see him having fun like this.

Wtf - a bit of screamo - I hope they were high when they came up with that concept.

I love Iceland :o

You are definitely a glass half full type of guy.

Some really kickass drumming, though the video was hilarious, especially when he hits crash with guitar, and that bus thing. His voice is too good, and guitars are awesome as FISH!!

• Like 3

I actually love it. It's an incredible satire of just how ridiculous and stupid so many metal lyrics are. Plus Tré can actually drum. Who knew?

I can't understand the words. :(