Lead Guitar: Magnus ³The Halibut² Magnusson

Bass: Grimur ³The Silver Fish² Grimsson

Back Up Vocals: Njall ³The Wolf² Njalsson

Lead Guitar: Magnus ³The Halibut² Magnusson

Bass: Grimur ³The Silver Fish² Grimsson

Back Up Vocals: Njall ³The Wolf² Njalsson

Who are they outside of character?

also, any HQ album art of the EP?

One fact continues to escape me; does this mean Tre could drum like this the whole time?

Tre is good? :o

One fact continues to escape me; does this mean Tre could drum like this the whole time?

Tre is good? :o

Yes he is :P. Making music is about more than showing off how technically good you are though, different types of music call for different types of drumming.

• 1 year later...

The beginning of Vendigler, to me, is reminiscent of the opening of Painkiller. 

Edited by PurpleIron1039

• 2 years later...

Nearly ran up to a complete stranger to ask for a photo after the Foo show last night because he was wearing a Dear Mermaids tee.  Hubby didn't understand my hesitation as we were trying to exit the stadium but it was so very cool to see that tee in Chicago.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

GREEN DAY Drummer Tre Cool's Joke Icelandic Death Metal Band Is Neither Icelandic Nor Death Metal

Green Day is one of those bands you never really hear about having side projects, but here's drummer Tre Cool doing exactly that in the goofiest way possible.

Cool's proclaimed "Icelandic death metal band" that is neither Icelandic or death metal is called Dead Mermaids, and whose brand new EP You're Welcome you can hear below.

I mean, look. It's clearly supposed to be pretty jokey and it's actually a lot of fun. It's crusty punk rock that Cool gets to play not Green Day-styled drums to, and you can play it for your friends and act like it's the greatest death metal you've ever heard. Though I think when they see song titles like "My Fish" and "Kill Eat Shit Repeat," they might be on to you.

http://www.metalinjection.net/av/new-music/green-day-drummer-tre-cools-joke-icelandic-death-metal-band-is-neither-icelandic-nor-death-metal

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm sorry, can we revive this thread; I'd love to talk about this. I'm pretty sure this is actually some of the best music I've ever heard in my life. 

On 10/6/2018 at 10:17 PM, desertrose said:

Green Day is one of those bands you never really hear about having side projects, ...

I’m sorry what?  🙄 That’s my one complaint about Green Day I wish they’d do side projects 🤦‍♀️

• Like 1