Green Day on the cover of Kerrang #1535 + "untold story" of American Idiot

Iva

Green Day are on the cover of Kerrang! #1535, dated September 17th 2014 and there is, apparently, "an amazing untold story" of American Idiot inside.

ivwo9n.jpg

I just ordered my copy, but I assume somebody can just go and grab theirs from a newsstand and tell us what's the deal with this. XD

*This is not the same magazine as the one with a tribute magazine and four other gifts.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the betting the 'untold story' will be Cigarettes and Valentines? :lol:

Still, looking forward to seeing it either way :)

There's some chance that 'untold' means 'untold by us yet (but is already on a gajillion sites on the internet)'. I'd be interested if it's really new material, but if it's something about Cigarettes and Valentines and how about it was stolen - no thanks, just rerecord/release the damn thing, Green Day. I'd sure get a copy.

P.S. Is it bad that my eyes went to the 'Free Marijuana' on the lower left corner?

I encourage you guys to read this! My friend Joe is in the gig review section, he supported Frank Turner a couple of weeks ago in Barnsley, and I play bass in his band. He and Frank got 5 Ks :D

VFJchn.jpg

Here's a part of what's inside, until somebody gets us the pages. Pretty sure this image was a poster in one of the 2005 or 2006 Kerrangs!

Very disappointed they used the same photo that was on another cover, 9 years ago :mellow: Seriously, it's supposed to be "new, never seen stuff" and they use the same old things. That photoshoot had MORE than 3 pics.

I wanna know what's in it, though :P

I mean, hell, I was a freshman in high school when this album came out, and now I fucking TEACH high school.

LIFE AND SHIT.

I might buy this tomorrow. If it really is something new I'll buy it and post the scans. If there is nothing new I probably won't buy it.

I ended up buying it. Not really anything new (as far as I can remember) but it is a nice enough read.

I'll post scans tonight

Edit: Sorry guys, I left it at work!! I realised when I was half way home. I will remember it tomorrow

Now that's very interesting - I didn't know about the fire at the studio personally, so I guess I learned something new.

For the record, does anyone find it funny that they had (accidentally I guess) put a picture of Holiday when they were talking about American Idiot's music video?

I wouldn't be surprised if Tré asked for the giant hammer bells just to see if he'd be allowed to have something that huge and ridiculous.

Archived