Green Day Lyrics That Apply to Your Life

DookieLukie

Sad lyric lol. What happened in your life that you relate that lyric to?

It's a song about wanking. It's not sad, it's desperate and pathetic, apparently.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These threads annoy me cos I want to say something but there's too many lyrics to choose from, and I don't wanna commit to one line haha.

"Fucked without a kiss again"

"I'm too damn young to be too late but am I" is also very strong sometimes

and basically all of Paper Lanterns

I think "I am one of those melodramatic fools" would be a tattoo if it wasn't Basket Case. That's just so cheesy and everyone knows that song, not unique enough..maybe I'm too strict :P

[quote name="DookieLukie" post="5725610" timestamp="1410898850"

"Emenius Sleepus" perfectly describes an awkward encounter I had with a former friend.

"You're just a fuck, I can't explain it because i think you suck"

I'm taking pride, in telling you to fuck off and die"

"Because I hate you, I hate you"

There are a lot of people at my school who I hate for personal reasons. I try to not hate anyone, but for them the rule doesn't apply, I hate them.

"You're just a fuck, I can't explain it because i think you suck"

I'm taking pride, in telling you to fuck off and die"

"Because I hate you, I hate you"

There are a lot of people at my school who I hate for personal reasons. I try to not hate anyone, but for them the rule doesn't apply, I hate them.

Good one;) SAME

"Wake me up When September Ends"

- I just freakin' want the rain and the cold weather to come again. Haha

"What's in love is now in debt, on your birth certificate."

"To run, to run away. To find, what you believe. And I leave behind, this hurricane of fucking lies."

"There ain't nowhere you can go. Running away from pain hen you've been victimized. Tales from another broken home. You're leaving... Ah you're leaving home."

636 days from now, the second I turn 18, I'm leaving this place. This home with the abus.... less than pleasant parents. The nightmares. The crushed hopes. Everything. And I will time it so just as the clock ticks the minute I was born and I walk through that door, it will be the end of Jesus of Suburbia as he sings "ah you're leaving home". And I'm not looking back.

There's a boy who fogs his world and now he's getting lazy, there's no motivation and frustration makes him crazy. He makes a plan to take a stand but always ends up sitting. Someone help him up or he is gonna end up quitting

I'm not part of your elite i'm just alright

Did you remember to pay the utility?

OMG this is so perfect for me today. Verizon called and said I forgot to pay the cellular bill. And guess what? I did. :( Dammit. Why didn't this song remind me earlier?!!

From "Stuck with Me":

"Cast out....buried in a hole

Struck down....forcing me to fall

Destroyed....giving up the fight

Well I know Im not all right."

Not really the whole first part but I typed it in becuase I love that song so much.?

Anyways..."Well I know I'm not all right" applies to my life because- well I'm a teenager!?

Gotta get away
Or my brains will explode
Give me something to do to kill some time
Take me to that place that I call home

Right now this is just perfect. Fuck.

If anyone can hear me slap some sense into me

But you turn your head and I end up talking to myself

Anxiety has got me strung out and frustrated

So I loose my head or I bang it up against the wall

Perfect, just perfect

"We make plans to go out at night

I wait till 2 then I turn out the light

All this rejection's got me so low

If she keeps it up I just might tell her so"

"We make plans to go out at night

I wait till 2 then I turn out the light

All this rejection's got me so low

If she keeps it up I just might tell her so"

Well played :lol:

Where in the world is the forgotten? Lost inside your memory. ..

I'm really struggling with the Swedish vocabulary at the moment. Never say the Forgotten makes no sense :lol:

Funny, since it may aswell be the actual cause for my memory loss since it is a song that tells the heartbreaking story of Billie and his struggles with the English syntax, so it may subconsciously affect my brains negatively too. I blame it on the forgotten if I don't pass tbh.

Oh God, I'd forgotten the best one ever! I was driving out of the end of my road when my phone just randomly sprang into life and began playing, "Wake up, the house is on fire..." which made me think I'd left my straightening irons on and on top of my wooden dressing table. I turned round and went back and...yep!

These aren't Green Days lyrics, they're from The Living End, a very similar band who green day found and have toured with many times. Give them a listen whenever you can, you'll never regret it

I've told myself

So many times

Not to turn into the type

But I've found

Is it too late?

Has my time come?

Sometimes I think I'm losin' it

Am I the only one?

Understanding, more like demanding

Where do the grey skies end?

So should I stay

Or fly away

The wings that I begin to grow

Will surely let me know

How far I have to go

And I'll be there

636 days from now, the second I turn 18, I'm leaving this place. This home with the abus.... less than pleasant parents. The nightmares. The crushed hopes. Everything. And I will time it so just as the clock ticks the minute I was born and I walk through that door, it will be the end of Jesus of Suburbia as he sings "ah you're leaving home". And I'm not looking back.

That really hurts just reading it... 2 days closer now for you to walk away. Take care of yourself!

"I'm a hater and a traitor in a pair of Chuck Taylor's right now"

-Horseshoes and Handgrenades

GUILTY as charged!

'I declare I don't care no more' and 'Apathy has reigned on me' from Burnout in weekdays at work.

Pretty much all of Longview is my weekends.

Paper Lanterns is my love life.

Yeah, I'm in a bad place right now. 'No Pride' and 'Stuck With Me' resonate strongly with me at the moment.

Archived