What if 21CB had been released before AI?

grene cniht

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But how is the music different?

It's more to do with the production. Breakdown is just far bigger sounding due to more layers of guitar and bigger reverb, etc.

just reffering to the musical aspect because punk is much more: green day were generally doing punk rock until warning. i hope we won't discuss every track in that era that doesn't fit that description. if you listen to late 70s, early 80s punk: it was always melodic. dookie is as close to 70s uk punk you could get at that time. people saying green day were never playing punk rock disqualify themselfes to ever talk about music again. warning was mostly pop/folk-rock. american idiot was still heavily punk rock influenced but brought to another level by adding classic rock influences to the popy warning sound still present in that record. 21st century breakdown is even more experimental and many songs could come from bands who have no connection to punk at all. thats why it stands out to every other album they ever did, because it sometimes seems that they lost their roots entirely. thats why i disliked it for many years. but even here: viva la gloria, murder city, christians inferno or american eulogy (besides the big production) are pure punk rock. mikes part in american eulogy sounds a bit like the early clash, you can definetly hear that influence.

21stcbd wouldn't have been possible without american idiot and wouldn't have made sense following warning anyways.

I hate everyone debating what is and isnt punk. To put it simply they have their punk roots and you can always see them in aspects of their records, we can all agree though 5sos is not punk though haha.

I hate everyone debating what is and isnt punk. To put it simply they have their punk roots and you can always see them in aspects of their records, we can all agree though 5sos is not punk though haha.

5sos is the most punk band ever they're so punk that they invented punk

It's a little more than just "influence" :P

yeah i knew the melody was so close to a clash song but it just wouldn't come to my mind. :P suprising because clash city rockers is one of my favourites from their first album.

Two great albums, I hope they succeed in doing an album like these have done. Whether and rock opera or not, what matters is that they are beautiful albums I hope it happens again.

Archived