Billie Joe to honor Joan Jett at 'Little Kids Rock' gala in NYC October 23rd

AngelBlue_

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that a new guitar in the Alice Cooper pic?

Looks like his double cut Melody Maker. I don't think it's new but I could be wrong.

Looks like his double cut Melody Maker. I don't think it's new but I could be wrong.

I just don't recognize the heart inlays and pink inlays.

Oh dear, he's wearing baby Billie pin-back again. GDA needs to sell these...

When did he wear it before? And why? That's the question :lol: But yes please! haha.

- :woot: Great performance, they sound so good together!

- Billie's admiration for Joan is adorable

- Billie and Alice Cooper

- Billie and Ad-Rock!!

- The badge and hole in his trousers :lol:

Too much awesomeness on one page :runaround:

- :woot: Great performance, they sound so good together!

- Billie's admiration for Joan is adorable

- Billie and Alice Cooper

- Billie and Ad-Rock!!

- The badge and hole in his trousers :lol:

Too much awesomeness on one page :runaround:

I will add that I loved his outfit, the vest made it so adult rock star and I love the tieeny, tiny little bit of gray in his hair.

If Green Day and Joan both get in the R&RHoF this year, I have a feeling we're going to get a repeat performance of this.

^That would be very cool. I'd love it if they recorded something together or did another performance together or anything like that at some point, their voices really click and they're great together on stage.

I will add that I loved his outfit, the vest made it so adult rock star and I love the tieeny, tiny little bit of gray in his hair.

Agreed! I also feel I must mention the way he's sitting while talking to Alice Cooper and the fact that the chair makes him look tiny, lol.

They sound absolutely great together! Such a cool performance :happy: Also loved seeing Billie together with Mike Ness and Alice Cooper.

They sound so good together, I wouldn't mind if they did some side project, the two of them!

The pics are adorbs too! :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

10689963_10152755155031007_2304770923604

Soundcheck w/ Billie Joe on Thursday. Little Kids Rock Green Day #LKR2014 Photo by Michael Rubenstein

10727281_715114561907634_1731873301_n.jp

reaganxrichards

2 weeks ago

Soundcheck w/ Billie Joe...#billiejoearmstrong #billiejoe #greenday #dookie #joanjett #iloverockandroll #rockandroll #music #hammersteinballroom #

"Before I was in a rock 'n roll band I couldn't get the time of day Now I'm doing everything I can" "Don't abuse me" by Joan Jett Billie soundcheck at the Joan Jett tribute Photo cred @dinaregine Thanks to @reaganxrichards for sharing #billiejoearmstrong #joanjett #tribute #LKR2014 #littlekidsrock #music #musicinschool #greenday #greenday4ever #greendayfamily #idiotfamily

10007011_10107466197162924_1937249117137

To some, being able to meet your hero is the best moment of their lives.
To me, being able to introduce a kid to his hero is the best moment of mine.

I am blessed to have had lots of moments like these working for Little Kids Rock.

10731651_398272953653340_1591899101_n.jp

kevinmazur

2 weeks ago

@JoanJett + #BillyJoeArmstrong of @GreenDay perform at #LittleKidsRock benefit @BJAoffical

B0v3yw6IgAAXEmP.jpg

Gary U.S. Bonds @gary_us_bonds Oct 24

Gary & Billie Joe Armstrong of @GreenDay at the @littlekidsrock benefit at @TheHammerstein in NYC! @BJAofficial

Maureen Van Zandt @MVZaGoGo

Favorite non- musical moment last night: hearing Alice Cooper, Billie Joe Armstrong, Rick Neilsen, Joan Jett discuss how thrilled they were to perform with legends Tommy James, Darlene Love, Gary US Bonds. They were like excited little kids.

Andrew Cook @andrewtothemoon Oct 24

Had the pleasure of telling @BJAofficial that "Burnout" was why I started playing drums last night. A humble, gracious, cool dude. Stoked.

B0uiAmGCUAAeAhQ.jpg

niki lee @nikilee101 Oct 24

eileen! @Pretzone and head honcho at 'little kids rock.' nyc last night. @BJAofficial @GreenDay~

Billie+Joe+Armstrong+Backstage+6th+Annua

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see that focused that little blurb on Billie. They could have focused it on a number of people.

Really great that Rolling Stone put the focus on Billie though. The headline makes him sound like a kid doing a school drama or something haha.

Archived