"Ordinary World" movie starring Billie Joe

Give_Me_Novacaine90

Okay, I finally watched it.   It was a cute little movie. Billie was really good.  He completely held his own with the rest of the actors and looked like it came very naturally to him. 

Oh, and I'm fangirling so hard right now. Such an adorkable, tiny bundle of hotness  

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, amberwhite said:

Okay, I finally watched it.   It was a cute little movie. Billie was really good.  He completely held his own with the rest of the actors and looked like it came very naturally to him. 

Oh, and I'm fangirling so hard right now. Such an adorkable, tiny bundle of hotness  

I have literally just added the word 'adorkable' to my mental dictionary :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Highlights for me included hearing The Exploding Hearts on the soundtrack, when Perry calls the manager Rup-art, and when he is hiding in that clubhouse in his front yard

Don't know if anyone is interested , but the actress that played Billie's daughter (Madisyn Shipman) will be giving a talk as part of the AOL Build Series thing, much like Billie did back in October (although this one isn't necessarily about Ordinary World).

Don't know if this was asked before and sorry if it was but I'm not going back 74 pgs. to look for it, but.... When he is in the guitar shop I see the black guitar(which looks exactly like the one he uses) and next to it is a blue guitar that looks like a "Blue"replica. So what I'm wondering is, are those his actual guitars that they hung up and used in the movie? 

• 4 months later...

his daughter in movie look and act older then him..or maybe more mature them him!..it is me?..:lol:

i hoping for OW part 2?..where he re-join his own band..and tour wait? that is Green Day!;)

Watched this a couple weeks ago. It was alright, I like the songs he did for the movie and the job he did acting too. It wasn't a very eventful movie but I wasn't expecting it to be. I laughed here and there and didn't shut it off so it wasn't too bad! The song Devil's Kind is great, would have worked well as a Green Day tune.

On 12/22/2016 at 9:20 PM, tresexy101 said:

go to the 5min 20 second mark.   And listen.   He really is a walking contradiction.    I loved the movie by the way.  That bisexual has some talent!!  Just ask Tre

he got no right!.

:lol:

.well he didn't know if he wanted to be actor, when he was on AI musical on Broadway in 2011 playing "St.Jimmy"

Billie is so a walking contradiction! It isn't the first time that I hear or read something he said in a interview which turned out to be the complete opposite years later. But the St.Jimmy role seems to have attracted him a lot into acting.

By the way, I've checked Madisyn Shipman's Instagram account yesterday because of the recent picture she added of herself with Billie Joe. She has a couple pictures with him and I love the comments she put with them. There's some kind of evolution. In the oldest pictures, when they were filming, she just called him «the punk», but as time goes, she started calling him «favorite movie dad». She also qualifies him a couple of times as an awsome human being, and she misses him a lot. It's kind of cute. I wonder if they kept in touch, but I hope so.

5 minutes ago, IcyMoffatt said:

Billie is so a walking contradiction! It isn't the first time that I hear or read something he said in a interview which turned out to be the complete opposite years later. But the St.Jimmy role seems to have attracted him a lot into acting.

By the way, I've checked Madisyn Shipman's Instagram account yesterday because of the recent picture she added of herself with Billie Joe. She has a couple pictures with him and I love the comments she put with them. There's some kind of evolution. In the oldest pictures, when they were filming, she just called him «the punk», but as time goes, she started calling him «favorite movie dad». She also qualifies him a couple of times as an awsome human being, and she misses him a lot. It's kind of cute. I wonder if they kept in touch, but I hope so.

I think they are actually pretty close because she was at Jakob's graduation party. Also on her IG she follows all of Billie's immediate family and both Jakob & Joey's bands. On the same IG story that had the photo booth pics with Billie, she also had a pic of Jakob as a kid with a heart next to it. So it appears she's friends with Jakob, and I'm guessing Joey as well.

On 5/28/2017 at 10:25 AM, desertrose said:

From Madison Shipman's IG Story

DA5KS6EUMAAsp43.jpg

Those pictures are totally adorkable! :ga:

On December 17, 2016 at 5:18 PM, unextraordinarygirl said:

I have the dvd and I must say that I'm a little disappointed. I thought maybe there would be some outakes, bonus footage or even bonus music footage but there was none. All it has is about 5 ads for other movies at the beginning,  then just the movie, that's it! Maybe I was expecting too much, I don't know. 

Did you get Blu Ray?.. It's have extra bonus footage and Bts..

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2017 at 5:25 PM, Caroline Truong said:

Did you get Blu Ray?.. It's have extra bonus footage and Bts..

Oooh it does? I've been debating whether to get the DVD or the Blu Ray.

Can you tell me what extras you get on the Blu ray, are there interviews, outtakes and the like? 

I got bored this morning. Here's what I have found on Google Maps: 

Street view (I hope the link works because I don't know how to post a screen print here.)

It's the Harry's Paint & Hardware store from the movie! (8203 Eliot Ave, Middle Village, New York)

8 hours ago, IcyMoffatt said:

I got bored this morning. Here's what I have found on Google Maps: 

Street view (I hope the link works because I don't know how to post a screen print here.)

It's the Harry's Paint & Hardware store from the movie! (8203 Eliot Ave, Middle Village, New York)

oh my god!..I know where that place is..it is near where I used to lived,before I moved to West Coast.

good find.

I'd also like to know about the Blu-Ray extras please.  Bought the movie on iTunes recently and have watched it at least half a dozen times. it's so cute but especially relateable for someone over 40 (ahem). Billie's got great instincts I'd like to see him take on more roles he keeps getting better. 

What are everyone's favorite bits/scenes? I like a lot of the one on one interaction he has with the characters, like with Judy Greer in the bedroom and his brother talking about the store.  He's also great with Madison he's so good with kids.  The scene where they break up the party and he gets arrested is funny.  Just a sweet feel good movie.  I wish Devil's Kind and Body Bag were available to purchase. Why are they not on iTunes or Spotify and there should be a full soundtrack available. 

I went to Primark yesterday, and right as I was waiting in line to check put, I see the dvd section and in turn,  Ordinary World, right there!

Needless to say, I bought it:D

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I'd also like to know about the Blu-Ray extras please.  Bought the movie on iTunes recently and have watched it at least half a dozen times. it's so cute but especially relateable for someone over 40 (ahem). Billie's got great instincts I'd like to see him take on more roles he keeps getting better. 

What are everyone's favorite bits/scenes? I like a lot of the one on one interaction he has with the characters, like with Judy Greer in the bedroom and his brother talking about the store.  He's also great with Madison he's so good with kids.  The scene where they break up the party and he gets arrested is funny.  Just a sweet feel good movie.  I wish Devil's Kind and Body Bag were available to purchase. Why are they not on iTunes or Spotify and there should be a full soundtrack available. 

My favourite scenes are the "I don't need a coaster!" *slams can on the table* scene, the awkward Joan Jett scene, the scene where he sings Ordinary World in the hotel room, and the party/arrest scene.

I love the scenes he's in with Madison though. He really is amazing with kids. 

1 minute ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

My favourite scenes are the "I don't need a coaster!" *slams can on the table* scene, the awkward Joan Jett scene, the scene where he sings Ordinary World in the hotel room, and the party/arrest scene.

I love the scenes he's in with Madison though. He really is amazing with kids. 

How cute was it when he's sitting in front of the stripper and his eyes keep going to the can on the table? That was really funny. :D

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

How cute was it when he's sitting in front of the stripper and his eyes keep going to the can on the table? That was really funny. :D

That was hilarious, it really made me laugh. :lol:

Just watched the movie since it's free in my VOD service. It's not a movie I'll remember but I enjoyed watching it, it was really nice.
I don't know if that was the same case in theaters or wherever you guy watched it, but the sound is pitched up by half a step (which I think is common in movies? Can't tell why) and I actually noticed that in the talking as well as the music.

Archived