And Ireland isn't part of Great Britain, or...? :P

No. That's like saying "Canada and Mexico are part of the USA, right?"

Seriously, that's a dangerous thing to even suggest in some parts of Ireland :P

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. That's like saying "Canada and Mexico are part of the USA, right?"

Seriously, that's a dangerous thing to even suggest in some parts of Ireland :P

I thought Britain was technically England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales?

I thought Britain was technically England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales?

Northern Ireland*

The Republic of Ireland got it's independence either 100 or 80 years ago, depending on how nationalistic one is :P

Northern Ireland*

The Republic of Ireland got it's independence either 100 or 80 years ago, depending on how nationalistic one is :P

....this is why the American education system blows ass.

It's a huge one actually...

All the issues with the American education system and a huge one is the difference between Northern and Republic of Ireland?

All the issues with the American education system and a huge one is the difference between Northern and Republic of Ireland?

Most teachers nowadays don't teach at all they throw em a book and give em a test every now and then and that's it pretty sure in a few years kids won't even find the US on a map...

They told us that your period was a miscarriage. Misinformation and omitting information is a huge issue with the American education system.

They told us that your period was a miscarriage. Misinformation and omitting information is a huge issue with the American education system.

:mellow:

While the above conversation/confusion about Ireland vs Northern Ireland is mind boggling to those of us who actually live in Ireland at least there is a certain distance between Ireland and the USA and yes your education system sucks but seriously I had an ongoing argument with a guy at Brixton and then at Leeds about Ireland "belonging to England" as he put it. No amount of gently informing him he has missed about 100 years helped because he was just dumb...and by the end of Leeds getting scared because he had managed to not just piss me off but several other Irish people too and it's just not something you want to say especially if you happen to be English lol.

JK Rowling said no Americans could be cast in Harry Potter, but plenty of Irish were (some of whom were just pretending to be British, others just being Irish even though virtually none of the characters in the Harry Potter books are specified to be Irish).... just as a flip side.

Reminds me of crazy arguments I've had with Welsh people..... watch out.

I think this role for Billie could either be really entertaining or really, really embarassing, but I'm willing to give it a shot. As long as he doesn't take himself TOO seriously, because then he's bound to be disappointed :lol: Focus on music, do this for fun, that's fine.

How did the innocent "Bond, y'know, James Bond" joke turn into that? Let's remain on topic please.

I'd like to see him in EastEnders with a mockney accent, his acting skills would fit in pretty well there.

It's worrying hat I can imagine him as Max Branning, chasing girls much younger than him.

It's worrying hat I can imagine him as Max Branning, chasing girls much younger than him.

Stick a mini skirt on him and he could replace Kat Moon.

Kathleen_Slater_EE.jpg

Actually this sounds pretty cool, if it does come out, I can't wait to see it

Sad to say but I think Green Day is over. If Billie makes any more music, it will be solo and in a different genre.

this post hurts, ack!

Of course Billie Joe is not the best actor out there, but I'm still very curious to see where this is leading! :)

• 2 weeks later...

WHAT? :woot:

Oooh my god, so looking forward for this to be true, 'cause even though I remember Billie didn't wanna have anything to do with acting when he was younger (and the whole thing about feeling insulted when an actor became a musician), then he started -for some reason- to look at new projects and why not? I bet acting must be an awesome thing to do. So go ahead Billie! I wanna see you :happy:

I am VERY excited to see him in a lead role. Also mainly because I find his acting hilarious.

Archived