"Ordinary World" movie starring Billie Joe

Give_Me_Novacaine90

46 minutes ago, IcyMoffatt said:

OMG! My friend told me the exact same thing when we watched the movie a month ago. LoL He sure walks strangely sometimes, like with the baby in his arms in the movie.

I thought it was well estabilished that he's got a funny gait! 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something weird in the film that I noticed, when Perry mentions his birthday to his brother in the hardware store and he asks Perry how old he is. Why would his brother who he grew up with and works with every day not not know how old he is?  I know it's just a movie but it irks me a little bit.

5 minutes ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

Something weird in the film that I noticed, when Perry mentions his birthday to his brother in the hardware store and he asks Perry how old he is. Why would his brother who he grew up with and works with every day not not know how old he is?  I know it's just a movie but it irks me a little bit.

I thought the same thing. They don't seem especially close though, so maybe it was an attempt to illustrate that. 

1 hour ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

I barely know how old my brother is and I lived in the same house as him for 19 years lol 

That's a mystery! Nah! Seriously, it didn't appear weird to me that Jake didn't know Perry's age. I don't even know my 2 brothers' age! So, I can relate to this scene in the movie.

On the other hand, I didn't understand why Perry looks at the wall (not only once, but twice!) to see if his friends have arrived in the hotel. Come on! He opens his bedroom's doors, which is located in a corner, to take a look to his right, which is the hallway... and then the left to face the wall!? And he does it twice!? Why didn't he understand the first time he was facing a wall on his left side? His friends are not ghosts; they will not come from a wall!

2 hours ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

Because maybe His brother is a jerk..remember the scene where His brother try to get him fire for him to get store ,and Lawyer thought that Perry is younger brother..:lol:

• 8 months later...

So has anybody here read “Too Much Too Late” by Marc Spitz? It’s a novel written in 2006. Spitz is a rock journalist who has written books about LA Punk and his novel has a lot of striking similarities to OW I find it hard to believe Lee Kirk didn’t read it before writing his screenplay.

Basically it’s about a power pop/punk band that forms in the early nineties, has one hit and is about to go big when the lead singer leaves for his girlfriend and unborn child. They reunite only years later when they are all pushing 40 and find life has changed. 

One thing that really hit me was when the lead singer, Harry, is off having his life he is found working at a store called Perry’s Hardware. In the movie, Perry works at Harry’s Hardware. I’m still reading it, I’ll add any other similarities I come across.

I think Kirk may owe Spitz some credit if he hasn’t already done so.

6 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

So has anybody here read “Too Much Too Late” by Marc Spitz? It’s a novel written in 2006. Spitz is a rock journalist who has written books about LA Punk and his novel has a lot of striking similarities to OW I find it hard to believe Lee Kirk didn’t read it before writing his screenplay.

Basically it’s about a power pop/punk band that forms in the early nineties, has one hit and is about to go big when the lead singer leaves for his girlfriend and unborn child. They reunite only years later when they are all pushing 40 and find life has changed. 

One thing that really hit me was when the lead singer, Harry, is off having his life he is found working at a store called Perry’s Hardware. In the movie, Perry works at Harry’s Hardware. I’m still reading it, I’ll add any other similarities I come across.

I think Kirk may owe Spitz some credit if he hasn’t already done so.

It’s divided in 3 books, right? 

3 minutes ago, Junior_Spidey said:

It’s divided in 3 books, right? 

Not sure what you mean.  Are there other related novels? I only picked up this one.

34 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Not sure what you mean.  Are there other related novels? I only picked up this one.

There’s a prequel and a sequel, i guess

But I’m really not sure about it

25 minutes ago, TracksAtChristieRoad said:

Mark Spitz also wrote 

https://www.amazon.ca/Nobody-Likes-You-Inside-Turbulent/dp/1401309127

Definitely  checking out his other works though. 

Also Mark Spitz passed away last February 

That Green Day book was full of mistakes. Sorry to hear he passed but Lee Kirk definitely ripped him off.

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
7 hours ago, desertrose said:

I happened across this again, fun to watch

I was just thinking about this yesterday. I need to watch it again it’s been a while. 

Saw it again about a month ago and enjoyed it more than I did the first time. Especially after becoming such a big fan of songs like "Devil's Kind," "Body Bag," and "Fever Blister"

24 minutes ago, Jrem said:

Saw it again about a month ago and enjoyed it more than I did the first time. Especially after becoming such a big fan of songs like "Devil's Kind," "Body Bag," and "Fever Blister"

The only part I find cringy is the hotel room scene with the stripper. It's so awkward. Although it does have one of the best lines in the movie. 

"And I don't need a coaster!"

5 minutes ago, DadBod said:

The only part I find cringy is the hotel room scene with the stripper. It's so awkward. Although it does have one of the best lines in the movie. 

Yeah I agree on the awkward part it just felt weird and out of place for the movie but I understand what they were tryna do

Just now, Jrem said:

Yeah I agree on the awkward part it just felt weird and out of place for the movie but I understand what they were tryna do

Same. I just think it could have been done less awkwardly. I don't know how, but, yeah...

14 minutes ago, DadBod said:

I like when his friend goes, “Ring that shit!” 😄

Archived