"Ordinary World" movie starring Billie Joe

Give_Me_Novacaine90

This is good news, maybe it'll get picked up for distribution there! It's such a cute movie, I need  a DVD!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calgary Film Fest ‏@calgaryfilm 3 hours ago

GEEZER: Green Day frontman stars as an aging punk who throws himself a rock star bday bash

Ten years into his band's "indefinite hiatus", Perry (Billie Joe Armstrong) is now a married father of two living a comfortable life in the suburbs. When his family forgets his 40th birthday, the aging punk-rocker-turned-family-man goes a bit off the rails and, in an effort to relive his glory days, rents a suite at a fancy New York hotel and throws himself a rock star birthday bash. Throughout the day Perry encounters crazy former bandmates and an ex-girlfriend who presents an opportunity to revive his stalled career, all while trying to stay on top of his family duties.

Featuring original music from Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong in his first leading role, the cast is rounded out with indie stars Selma Blair, Judy Greer, Chris Messina and Fred Armisen. GEEZER is a poignant dramedy about the clash between one's punk rock past and middle-aged reality.

United States, 2016, 86 min.

PRESENTED BY: http://www.scottventuro.com/

DIRECTOR: Lee Kirk

FULL CREDITS:
Producer: Tim Perell, Alex A. Ginzburg, Tony Lee, Becky Glupczynski
Cinematographer: Scott Miller
Editor: Stephen Haren
Cast: Billie Joe Armstrong, Selma Blair, Judy Greer, Fred Armisen, Chris Messina, Madisyn Shipman

http://www.calgaryfilm.com/films/2016/geezer

13895410_10154093832848961_4625050819873

For once something is happening in my city! :P will probably try to get a ticket!

2 hours ago, Lindsay said:

For once something is happening in my city! :P will probably try to get a ticket!

Do it.  The movie is cute and Billie is charming in it.  It won't win any awards but any GD fan will enjoy it

4 hours ago, Lindsay said:

Yes, go! You'll be glad you did. It's a fun movie, and nerdy Billie Joe is indeed charming in it. 

1 hour ago, Whatsername_123 said:

So will Billie be at this film festival?

Interesting question. I doubt it, but who knows? maybe he'd like to help promote the movie.

1 hour ago, Whatsername_123 said:

So will Billie be at this film festival?

depends on if theres going to be promotion dates for green day i guess

7 hours ago, JJ1964 said:

Do it.  The movie is cute and Billie is charming in it.  It won't win any awards but any GD fan will enjoy it

5 hours ago, GenXIdiot said:

Yes, go! You'll be glad you did. It's a fun movie, and nerdy Billie Joe is indeed charming in it. 

I got free tickets to CIFF last year through work so I'm hoping I'll get some again this year so I can see it for free! :P 

Just now, Lindsay said:

I got free tickets to CIFF last year through work so I'm hoping I'll get some again this year so I can see it for free! :P 

Who knows, maybe Billie Joe will be there!

7 minutes ago, Lindsay said:

Free is always good. Tribeca was acruelly really inexpensive. The tickets were 40 and that included the movie, the performance and open bar

So Billie Joe mentioned today during the FB Live thing that the name of this film has been changed to Ordinary World. I personally think that this is going to increase it's chances of being picked up by a distributor. 

I now realize that the reason why the release has been put on hold for so long, is probably because the film producers knew that Green Day was in the studio recording a new album, and thought that it would increase it's chances of succes if it came out afterwards. Personally I think we will get a release date sometime after the second single has been released so it will ride on the hype that the 2nd single always brings. And then it will premiere sometime late this year when Green Day are (hopefully) back in the public eye

30 minutes ago, madafaka said:

I now realize that the reason why the release has been put on hold for so long, is probably because the film producers knew that Green Day was in the studio recording a new album, and thought that it would increase it's chances of succes if it came out afterwards. Personally I think we will get a release date sometime after the second single has been released so it will ride on the hype that the 2nd single always brings. And then it will premiere sometime late this year when Green Day are (hopefully) back in the public eye

Agreed. They finished filming it ages ago. I thought it would have been out by now but clearly they are hoping that it will get extra promotion from GD bringing a new album out.

I preferred the name 'Geezer' but I think they will probably get more suitors with the name 'Ordinary World'

3 minutes ago, Whatsername_123 said:

Agreed. They finished filming it ages ago. I thought it would have been out by now but clearly they are hoping that it will get extra promotion from GD bring a new album out.

I preferred the name 'Geezer' but I think they will probably get more suitors with the name 'Ordinary World'

And on that note! If Green Day's management is in on this symbiotic marketing stragedy, Ordinary World will probably be the 3rd or 4th single from the album, depending on what coincides best with the movie, and that is why it changed title

I like the name Geezer better, but Ordinary World is definitely more marketable. I'm excited to see it

I'm looking forward to seeing it again. It really was enjoyable as a movie on the whole, and not just eye candy ;)

It 's nice because it's family friendly, too. You could take any age kid  to see it.

Billie Joe's character sings the song with acoustic guitar in the movie, but  I 'm guessing the movie will be out after the album, and the new studio version of "Ordinary World" will be played during the end credits. 

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I was able to make it to the film festival, I'm dying to see this movie.

Has there been anymore news on when it might be in theaters or on DVD? I hope soon. Since it's now called Ordinary World I'm guessing that will be the next single out. 

21 minutes ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

Has there been anymore news on when it might be in theaters or on DVD? I hope soon. Since it's now called Ordinary World I'm guessing that will be the next single out. 

It's called Ordinary Day and I doubt that they will base their next single on the release of the movie.  

So it was Geezer, then Ordinary World and now Ordinary Day, lol. I wish someone would release it so we can fangirl over it.

Just now, zeldachick14 said:

I don't know why it's taken so long to just release the damn thing

This. I need to check the credits maybe John Roecker was involved. 

Just now, Jane Lannister said:

This. I need to check the credits maybe John Roecker was involved. 

Snap😚

1 hour ago, zeldachick14 said:

I don't know why it's taken so long to just release the damn thing

It seems they've spent the past 3 months trying to decide on a name :P

Archived