"Ordinary World" movie starring Billie Joe

Give_Me_Novacaine90

24 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I seriously can't wait to see him on screen for a whole film! He's really only been in tiny little bits of things before, even in Like Sunday Like Rain where he was billed as if he was a main character. I knew he'd have to be in this more being the "geezer" and top billed but I still assumed his screen time would be minimised somehow. Very pleased to hear it isn't!

This film was most definitely the Billie Joe show.  He was very charming in it, you will enjoy it.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry for being late to the party but when is this film going to be released?

I was away when the Geezer premier took place (I had no Wi-Fi when I was away so I couldn't follow what happened during the premier) but I came back expecting that a release date would have been given during the premier, and I've yet to find an article that gives an indication of when the film is out- surely it can't be much longer until its released?

3 hours ago, a123 said:

I was away when the Geezer premier took place (I had no Wi-Fi when I was away so I couldn't follow what happened during the premier) but I came back expecting that a release date would have been given during the premier, and I've yet to find an article that gives an indication of when the film is out- surely it can't be much longer until its released?

Technically the film was released on April 23.  A film never has to have a theatrical release ever.  If it doesn't find a distributor it won't get released at all.  IT may go right to video.  However, the rumor is that Geezer will have a theatrical release in the fall, but that is not confirmed.    

3 hours ago, JJ1964 said:

Technically the film was released on April 23.  A film never has to have a theatrical release ever.  If it doesn't find a distributor it won't get released at all.  IT may go right to video.  However, the rumor is that Geezer will have a theatrical release in the fall, but that is not confirmed.    

Do they still have videos:sorry:

Just now, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

Do they still have videos:sorry:

Vhs? no

home releases Yes just it's called DVD/Blu Ray/UHD/digital nowadays

Just now, WhiteTim said:

Vhs? no

home releases Yes just it's called DVD/Blu Ray/UHD/digital nowadays

aw thanks WhiteTim - I was just hoping the bitch would bite:D

12 minutes ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

aw thanks WhiteTim - I was just hoping the bitch would bite:D

Oh yeah sorry I forget that you two have a back and forth going on lol

3 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Oh yeah sorry I forget that you two have a back and forth going on lol

Yeah we hate each others guts:D

The Tribeca website has a running list  of movies from the festival as they get picked up by a distributor. Last time I looked, Geezer didn't make the list, yet anyway.  It may just go straight to streaming or DVD. I hope it becomes available for everyone, because it was a cute, family friendly movie. Billie Joe was charming in it. There were some really funny moments, and also some inside jokes and cameos that Green Day fans will appreciate. The music is great, too.

8 hours ago, a123 said:

19 hours ago, JJ1964 said:

15 hours ago, GenXIdiot said:

The Tribeca website has a running list  of movies from the festival as they get picked up by a distributor. Last time I looked, Geezer didn't make the list, yet anyway.  It may just go straight to streaming or DVD. I hope it becomes available for everyone, because it was a cute, family friendly movie. Billie Joe was charming in it. There were some really funny moments, and also some inside jokes and cameos that Green Day fans will appreciate. The music is great, too.

Thanks for your posts! I hope the film gets a theatrical release.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/26/2016 at 2:13 AM, cav9mm said:

Any more rumblings on this ?

Are we any closer to a release ?

I believe in one of the clips of Billie performing Ordinary World, there was a voice in the background that said something like "Geezer, coming to theaters this fall." 

To me, it sounded like a voice coming over like a PA system, not just someone in the audience saying it, but I am not sure exactly

Just noticed he's playing plugged in instead of using a wireless system been a while for that I believe 

• 4 weeks later...
On 30 May 2016 at 6:31 PM, Whatsername_123 said:

I take it no updates on a release date ?

Straight to iTunes ?

14 minutes ago, cav9mm said:

I take it no updates on a release date ?

Straight to iTunes ?

The best we have was that Madison Shipman's agent said, at the festival, that the film will be released in the fall.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived