"Ordinary World" movie starring Billie Joe

Give_Me_Novacaine90

Exclusive: Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong is the Next Justin Timberlake?

Wake me up when tomorrow comes: Green Day rocker Billie Joe Armstrong is serious about his acting career. He’s following Justin Timberlake from the radio to the big screen. BJ has already finished his first film, “Like Sunday Like Rain” directed by our old Naked Angels pal Frank Whaley.

Now I’m told he’s signed to play a rocker (duh) in Lee Kirk’s “Geezer,” a comedy about an aging rocker whose family forgets his 40th birthday. Sounds like fun. Someone’s giving Billie Joe good advice. Both movies are combining music and acting. Plus, they’re indie enough to give him cred.

Soon enough we may see Billie Joe at the Indie Spirit Awards. Far from an American Idiot, he’s quite smart and talented. Can’t wait to see where this will lead,

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow the main character in this one..I'm actually surprised..haha

but in 2012 he said to Guitar World he wanted to learn more about cinema/acting to be ready for playing St.Jimmy in the AI movie...so I think he's doing these movies so he can learn to act cause he clearly sucks a bit sorry Billie be a better actor :)

I'm kind of waiting for another source. Not saying it's not true, just kind of surprised that he'd sign on for more acting.

Why? At this point nothing he does is all that surprising

Why? At this point nothing he does is all that surprising

I guess I'll wait and see the other film. But I didn't feel his acting was that strong in the few things he's been in before.

Omg why did I laugh for about 10mn :lol:

Seriously, if you guys have more info about it post them !!

It's not even funny..sounds rather like a disaster :DDD

The concept of Geezer sounds really good as long as they make it more dark and raw and not really a family movie.

Edit: Didn't see that it was a comedy. Eh...this isn't as interesting to me now.

The concept of Geezer sounds really good as long as they make it more dark and raw and not really a family movie.

Edit: Didn't see that it was a comedy. Eh...this isn't as interesting to me now.

I'm intrigued as to how you think a movie about a guy's family forgetting his birthday would be vastly improved by being "dark and raw".

As of late he's been doing so many things that seemed out character to me, Foreverly, the Ain't No Pleasing a Woman song, Like Sunday Like Rain, and now this. I love how he keeps me guessing. I'll give a watch and listen to anything Billie Joe puts out.

I'm intrigued as to how you think a movie about a guy's family forgetting his birthday would be vastly improved by being "dark and raw".

I wasn't clear. I pictured a dad hitting a midlife crisis, fixated on drinking/drugs, and being rejected by his family. Probably read too much into it.

This sounds bad (could surprise me), but I'm really hoping that all of this is just him doing training so he can absolutely deliver the best St. Jimmy he can whenever that movie happens...

I wasn't clear. I pictured a dad hitting a midlife crisis, fixated on drinking/drugs, and being rejected by his family. Probably read too much into it.

A rocker-dad.. your idea sounds interesting but it's a comedy so...

the article says this movie will have acting and music..maybe he is going to write some new songs for it..

Sad to say but I think Green Day is over. If Billie makes any more music, it will be solo and in a different genre.

Sad to say but I think Green Day is over. If Billie makes any more music, it will be solo and in a different genre.

Well then.

Nah, I don't think so. In between Green Day albums, there have also been little instances of time when the band members have gone and done their own thing for a while. I think that since they're planning for this to be a longer than usual break, they're doing things that take more involvement to do, like make movies.

based on......his acting career?

How does one have anything to do with the other?

I thought that this thread was a sarcastic comment on Billie's age. Oops.

I kind of wish that it wasn't a real thing.....no offence Billie, but don't quit your day job!

Xoxoxox

Oh Lord, now you've done it. :P

I'm probably more excited for this than I should be. I saw one or two clips of him acting and it was mildly cringeworthy. All the same, I do wanna see it.

What makes you say that? Anyway, I'm sure they'd be fine without Billie:

I'm pretty convinced that if Billie went down, I could adequately fill in as front man. Got that catalog mastered front to back.

based on......his acting career?

How does one have anything to do with the other?

Justin Timberlake obviously set a precedent that no celebrity can have a musical career and an acting career at the same time...or Green Day's fans are way too paranoid about the band breaking up.

Seriously guys. Calm down. It's just a movie. :P

Archived