How long did it take you to fall in love with Billie Joe after you discovered Green Day?

loveblondiebilliejoe

I fell in love with billie since before I was a green day fan. I literally became a fan because of billie's hotness.

I win.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first time I saw the Longview video 20 years ago. I don't think I actually heard the song the first few times I watched the video. It took awhile before I actually realized the song was good.

I've been reading through some of the old posts about Billie being a jerk. Yes, he has done some really stupid shit. But it is rare that he has done anything that I, or anyone I know hasn't done. The problem with Billie is he does not have a filter. He just blurts out whatever is in his head. Even the Steve Jobs comment. He didn't really want Steve Jobs to die of cancer, he was just frustrated that the equipment wouldn't work. When I get frustrated, I don't wish for someone to die of cancer, I usually wish for them to get hit by a bus. But, some thing. The difference is I say it to my husband, or my friends when I want my husband to get hit by a bus. Billie says it to thousands of people.

Even the iHeart radio incident. There were alot of issues there, but he had every right to be upset by their treatment, just not in a public forum. He should have gotten off the stage and bitched to Mike and Tre.

But the fact that he has no clue how to behave in public is one of the reasons I find him so lovable. What the hell is he going to do next?

The first time I saw the Longview video 20 years ago. I don't think I actually heard the song the first few times I watched the video. It took awhile before I actually realized the song was good.

I've been reading through some of the old posts about Billie being a jerk. Yes, he has done some really stupid shit. But it is rare that he has done anything that I, or anyone I know hasn't done. The problem with Billie is he does not have a filter. He just blurts out whatever is in his head. Even the Steve Jobs comment. He didn't really want Steve Jobs to die of cancer, he was just frustrated that the equipment wouldn't work. When I get frustrated, I don't wish for someone to die of cancer, I usually wish for them to get hit by a bus. But, some thing. The difference is I say it to my husband, or my friends when I want my husband to get hit by a bus. Billie says it to thousands of people.

Even the iHeart radio incident. There were alot of issues there, but he had every right to be upset by their treatment, just not in a public forum. He should have gotten off the stage and bitched to Mike and Tre.

But the fact that he has no clue how to behave in public is one of the reasons I find him so lovable. What the hell is he going to do next?

How did he have every right to be upset at iheart they had a 30 min set they played a 30 min set

And here I was I, hoping that Tim will share his story. I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

Lol

How did he have every right to be upset at iheart they had a 30 min set they played a 30 min set

I thought they cut the set 15 minutes short?

I thought they cut the set 15 minutes short?

No people assume that cause of someone posting the backstage schedule but they don't know how to read those

Backstage times add in times for stage changes

No people assume that cause of someone posting the backstage schedule but they don't know how to read those

Backstage times add in times for stage changes

OK, I stand corrected, he just really screwed up that one.

OK, I stand corrected, he just really screwed up that one.

He was drunk it happens sometimes

i think about 3 days after the first time i saw them live.

I barely listened to them before my sister took me to one of their concerts, granted i was like 13, and i really didn't listen to music in general. but the first day after the concert was business as usual, 2nd day it finally sunk in and it was: holy fuck what happened, that was the most amazing thing ever. 3rd day after: i need to know everything and anything about them

Immediately. I really fell in love with him, though, after watching Bullet In A Bible. Something about him masturbating onstage was a turn-on for me.

• 2 weeks later...

You are all sick. I don't care about Billie's teeth except that maybe he should go to a dentist. It is what is in his heart that matters, and to me he has always seemed unhappy. How does one chip their tooth on a microphone anyway? People who smoke and drink usually do so because they are not happy with themselves, I have yet to meet a person who is happy that is doing that, it is slow suicide and I am unhappy watching him do it to himself.

There is only one reason I listen to his music... I hurt too much when I do not get my fix of his voice.

The only time they are happy is when they are with each other...except for Mike, and that is because of Britt.

You don't know how happy or unhappy any of them are though, none of us do. It seems kind of a shame that you feel unhappy/worried about how they might feel when it's only an assumption, you might be completely wrong.

I think most of us are here because we love Billie's/Green Day's music really, the talk about silly stuff like teeth is just a bit of fun. Since you asked, there's a great description of him chipping (well in this case losing) his tooth on a microphone in the "In China With Green Day" edition of Cometbus, where Aaron talked about carrying out the roadie duty of preventing the crowd from knocking the mic into Billie's face on an early tour:

Finally, the inevitable happened: the audience broke through our human chain and knocked one of Billie's teeth loose. In between lyrics, he spit it out. The glint of the moon on the tooth as it arced over the crowd was one of the most graceful things I've ever seen. The look on Billie's face was priceless, too; he raised one eyebrow in a 'you can't win 'em all' expression, and kept playing without missing a beat.

So yeah, it's pretty easy for a tooth to get chipped by a microphone during an energetic show.

Archived