Green Day Scans

A mysterious guy

Do you have some Green Day's scans from interviews, newspapers or whatever? Post it here! :D

Spin magazine, August 2002tumblr_n98onpk71i1sv8va6o1_1280.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Do you have some Green Day's scans from interviews, newspapers or whatever? Post it here! :D

Spin magazine, August 2002tumblr_n98onpk71i1sv8va6o1_1280.jpg

Looks like it came from a flawed, small Mustek scanner. ;)

Anyway, it's one of the ones I scanned with the shitty scanner at home and hundreds more are at http://greenday-scans.tumblr.com/ :)

• 3 months later...

Hi everybody. I just wanted to share some scans of a mag that just arrived. Hope you enjoy them...I have tons more to scan and share also :)

BzR11Y.jpg3H2DrR.jpgjfMQay.jpgbxuBBv.jpgVVnx5r.jpg

OMG, THANK YOU! :wub:

I almost bought that one a month ago and then somebody took it right before me.

Come to think, maybe it was you...if the seller was alexelba or something like that. :P

OMG, THANK YOU! :wub:

I almost bought that one a month ago and then somebody took it right before me.

Come to think, maybe it was you...if the seller was alexelba or something like that. :P

You're very welcome! And thank you for all of the beautiful scans you've been posting also.

I bet it was me! :D It's the only one I have ever seen on ebay. I bought another one at the same time from the same seller, and I'm planning on scanning and posting that one with several of my Japanese mags I've gotten lately.

That's the first time I've seen those particular photos of Billie, though I've seen others from the shoot. Does anyone have just the photos?

You're very welcome! And thank you for all of the beautiful scans you've been posting also.

I bet it was me! :D It's the only one I have ever seen on ebay. I bought another one at the same time from the same seller, and I'm planning on scanning and posting that one with several of my Japanese mags I've gotten lately.

Definitely you, then, as I had two of them from the same seller on my watchlist. So nice to know they're in hands of somebody who shares as much as I do! :)

Also, there's got to be one more page to this? Would be a good idea to scan it, too; in case somebody can translate it for all of us, eventually.

Definitely you, then, as I had two of them from the same seller on my watchlist. So nice to know they're in hands of somebody who shares as much as I do! :)

Also, there's got to be one more page to this? Would be a good idea to scan it, too; in case somebody can translate it for all of us, eventually.

There is, and I'll scan and post it today...I'm playing with my scanner to try and get clearer pictures (hopefully I'll get 2 other mags scanned today too) :)

Would be a good idea to scan it, too; in case somebody can translate it for all of us, eventually.

Yes a translation would be lovely, if anyone's game. Thanks. :)

Another one :) Oh, and I edited my earlier post...It now shows the complete article, and in better quality.

n7oNS7.jpg9ue6NQ.jpgfTFPiw.jpgbvTV5p.jpg6Wkh6o.jpg

This article was mostly photos...There are 2 additional pages of text that I can scan if anyone would like to translate :)

KnOS0I.jpg5RCwtt.jpg5izCAL.jpgSdCSGY.jpgFVOzjD.jpgcpF8xT.jpgAP56cE.jpg7XLmFW.jpgS03c3b.jpgDdweq2.jpgdLdMnR.jpg

• 1 month later...

I received a shit load of German magazine pages about/featuring GD. Some pages are snippets from magazines, which were glued to a paper. Some are posters (2 pages).

I'm scanning them right now (600 dpi), after that I will edit the slightly (dirt removal, cropping, image rotation) and I planned to upload them right here.

If anyone wants anything translated, I would do it. Just tell me which you want to know and I'll do it :)

The first scans will be uploaded here tomorrow, I guess - just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

I didn't need any additional proof that you're awesome, but yeah. :D

I would appreciate if you allowed me to use them on Green Day Scans as well; they will get a lot of love there and, as somebody who has been running a website on somebody else for more than a decade, I always give credit where credit is due.

I didn't need any additional proof that you're awesome, but yeah. :D

I would appreciate if you allowed me to use them on Green Day Scans as well; they will get a lot of love there and, as somebody who has been running a website on somebody else for more than a decade, I always give credit where credit is due.

Yeah, sure. I'm didn't get that stuff to keep in a folder and only keep it to myself, I was planning on uploading it for the public anyways.

So yeah, you can go ahead and take them and post them on your Tumblr page :)

EDIT:

Here's what I have to offer (everything scanned, by the way):

5QfdLW.jpg

Part 1:

Printed Autograph Card - Bravo, Unknown

JPR3fm.jpg

FJgwlM.jpg

Printed Autograph Card - "Popcorn", Unknown

Z3NeAk.jpg

1gzwEy.jpg

Bravo, November or December 1994

HVWc24.jpg

Unknown, 1994-95

7ppWCA.jpg

Rock Hard, Fall 1994:

U66IG3.jpg

Unknown, 1998:

GooNug.jpg

Poster (Bravo, 1995)

vqVH1w.jpg

Bravo, February or March 1995 (1):

kJAEH9.jpg

Bravo, February or March 1995 (2):

YfDpKb.jpg

Part 2 will be posted tomorrow (I still have to edit the rest).

Another one :) Oh, and I edited my earlier post...It now shows the complete article, and in better quality.

Do you have the rancid section that you could scan too?

Part 2

Bravo, Fall 1995:

BCz9sG.jpg

Bravo, September 1995 (Page 1 only)

jxXaYC.jpg

Ad - Unknown, Summer 1995

QKfoRu.jpg

Bravo, Spring-Summer 1995

V8k4zm.jpg

Bravo, February or March 1995

qUlYbp.jpg

Bravo, January 1996

C1wUjq.jpg

Part 3, with some posters, snippets and articles tomorrow

Part 3

Snippets - 1994-95

93fS4p.jpg

Poster - Bravo, 1995

GS3jM9.jpg

Poster - Bravo, 1995

dZTdql.jpg

Bravo, Fall 1995 (Page 2 only?)

PqESLM.jpg

Bravo, August 1995 (Page 1)

5Fx5zV.jpg

Bravo, August 1995 (Page 2)

fiMWPe.jpg

Bravo, April-May 1995 (Page 1)

6pVMVp.jpg

Bravo, April-May 1995 (Page 2)

3kxlYx.jpg

Part 4 will (hopefully)be posted tomorrow

Is that one magazine a Heavy Metal magazine??? They put GD in a heavy metal magazine??

Yeah, I guess there was the normal "Bravo" magazine (very cheesy pop magazine) and then there was an extra "Bravo - Heavy Metal Magazin" where 'harder' bands were featured. Since Green Day were popular because they 'didn't give a shit about anything and were rude as fuck' (that's basically what they wrote about them back then), they were a 'bad' band like Metallica and such (ridiculous, but those were the times then).

I find it funny myself :D

Do you have the rancid section that you could scan too?

No, I just have the GD article. Sorry.

Part 4

Bravo, November 1995 (Page 1)

f8op44.jpg

Bravo, November 1995 (Page 2)

9cjHVs.jpg

Snippets - 1995-96

xOgyTd.jpg

Snippets - 1995

JtqFPM.jpg

Bravo, January 1996 (Page 1)

AduWDB.jpg