Dirty Rotten Bastards : The Green Day's legacy

Johnny Higher

watch it lil b

Insomniac sucked.

I CANT BELIEVE THE THINGS I'M SEEING HERE

but seriously you guys, to say that green day will be the last big rock band that makes good music is ludicrous. it's also extremely hard to talk about objectively, since music taste is so widely subjective, and different bands find different popularity globally. i don't think there's a set answer to this question, but i think a lot of you are getting distracted by personal opinions. also, i'm pretty gdc is the only place i've ever heard of biffy clyro, and until reading it 600 times in this thread i definitely though it was "billy clyfo"

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, things might look really down now for the music industry, but sometime soon something will happen that gets things going again. Think about it like this, back when Nirvana first broke into the mainstream with Nevermind in 1991, things were being run by hair metal, pop and rap music. Hell, even the new wave era had died out by that point. But once they came along, many other rock bands like their Seattle peers, Smashing Pumpkins, Green Day, Weezer, and tons of others achieved mainstream success. That's pretty much how things are gonna be now.

Every generation has its band that changes music history, of course Generation X had Nirvana and the Baby Boomers had The Beatles, so us Millennials are just about due for our band.

Every generation has its band that changes music history, of course Generation X had Nirvana and the Baby Boomers had The Beatles, so us Millennials are just about due for our band.

Mumford and Sons

Mumford and Sons

No, I'm talking bands that become massively successful and change music history. No matter how much you like Mumford and Sons, you cannot tell me that they have changed music history.

No, I'm talking bands that become massively successful and change music history. No matter how much you like Mumford and Sons, you cannot tell me that they have changed music history.

I was being sarcastic...

Quit whining about how there are no good band's anymore. There are heaps and heaps of great bands and artists of our time out there. Some of them are just underground and not as well-known. Start digging deeper before you start bashing new music. All those fucking hipsters that go: ''oh, I wish I was born in *insert decade*'' have just been obsessed with their dad's record collection and don't know where to look for good music themselves.

This topic is ridiculous. It all comes down to an individuals taste. Kings of Leon are/were they gods or is that lead singer slowly choking on something? Hmm. Biffy Clyro brilliant or boring? U2 rock legends or music your nan likes and you tolerate (because it's inoffensive and hardly stirring?) and so on. For everyone who would happily tattoo some bands name across their forehead another person wants to rip off their ears if they hear "that song" on the radio again. For what it's worth about two days ago I genuinely was telling some older friends how sometimes I wish I was around 18 back in 1992/3 so I could have seen Guns N Roses (when they actually were cool) and Manic Street Preachers with Richie but that is because they are two bands I listen to a lot who literally are no longer the same any more. I have been a (young) teen in the 90's loved bands that split up etc and am fully aware that there is always some other band about to blow my mind. I was never looking to find GD. They were already long in existence by the way. There is no golden era. There never will be. Anyone who says there is or was is super jaded. By the way a good chunk of my collection is made up of cds i buy from buskers on the street who are often awesome...if you want to listen to something fresh, original and support someone who needs it why not listen out for good bands that way? Not everything is about the "size" of the fandom or fame.

Archived