You know the full green day set and reading last year

scottrowan200

The bbc did not play the full set. But some one hacked into the servers and recorded and uploaded the full set .... Does anyone know who or how this was done

If so can someone please explain or Ask them to record blink 182 this year. No way the bbc will play their set on tv haha

BBC dont decide if the full set gets played, its down to band management, well im pretty sure it is anyway.

BBC dont decide if the full set gets played, its down to band management, well im pretty sure it is anyway.

Well BBC do decide, but a lot of it comes done to the band. I think I remember all of Green Day's set was meant to be televised last year but the band decided not to allow it. I don't really understand why the festival does it in the first place, but I guess there is a big enough population to warrant it.

Well last time i emailed the bbc when blink played asking why only a few songs aired.

Dear MR Rowan

Thanks for contacting us.

We regret that we failed to show more Blink 182 in this late night slot, certainly compared to the amount we were able to show from sets the previous night.

Blink 182 were on live when our programme began but unfortunately much of the language and banter between songs was expletive-heavy and so we took the decision not to show more of the set as it might have offended some viewers, although arguably a Blink 182 fan would have been delighted. Removing or bleeping some of the set would have taken up a lot of time and censored the set and this was not a decision that could be made easily.

We did however, gain permission to show some of the Guns n Roses set from Leeds, which was something we were aware other sections of the audience were keen to see.

We also featured two Blink 182 songs in the BBC Two highlights show the following night (both of which weren't show on BBC Three) plus 28 minutes of the set was available to watch on www.bbc.co.uk/readingandleeds.

Nevertheless were sorry for any disappointment caused and we would like to assure you that weve registered your comments on our audience log. This is the internal report of audience feedback which we compile daily for all programme makers and commissioning executives within the BBC, and also their senior management. It ensures that your points, and all other comments we receive, are circulated and considered across the BBC.

Thanks again for getting in touch

- that was the reply

Anyway anyone know how to do that hack to see the full thing or know who did it for green day?

Anyway anyone know how to do that hack to see the full thing or know who did it for green day?

You can check the info here - http://www.greendaycommunity.org/topic/94727-20130823-reading-festival-reading-england/

the gus is Stefano Parlatoni who, if I don't mistaken, working for the BBC.

He's also have an youtube account - https://www.youtube.com/user/stefa73it

hope he can hacked the Blink-182's set;

I really love to see them.

Thank you

I will try make contact and ask if it would be possible

After what bbc told me last timw and from kiat seeing blink a few days ago

No way they will put then on tv

The stage has a flaming fuck sign haha

That Stefano guy doesn't work for BBC. He's simply a guy with a satelitte recorder/illegal streaming shit.

The censorship in other countries really confuses me. We can swear all we want on tv here once (I think its) 7:30pm passes. You can swear before it just not in large amounts.

The censorship in other countries really confuses me. We can swear all we want on tv here once (I think its) 7:30pm passes. You can swear before it just not in large amounts.

Damn. In the UK, you can only say shit and piss after 8PM (unless it's Radio 4, because they can get away with anything), and say anything except cunt after 9. You can't say cunt on television ever.

Yeah, the capture of GD's set was straight from a satellite feed. There's tons of other people who capture satellite feeds as well.

Damn. In the UK, you can only say shit and piss after 8PM (unless it's Radio 4, because they can get away with anything), and say anything except cunt after 9. You can't say cunt on television ever.

Well we did have Green Day perform chump unedited or censored live on tv and no one cut it.

Use of the word cunt is allowed, it tends to be used on Channel 4 a lot more than the other channels though.

The BBC Editorial Language Guidelines go into detail about which words they consider to be "strong language".

the gus is Stefano Parlatoni who, if I don't mistaken, working for the BBC.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't work for the BBC.

I will try make contact and ask if it would be possible

Good luck, he speaks Italian.

That's an odd rule.

Use of the word cunt is allowed, it tends to be used on Channel 4 a lot more than the other channels though.

The BBC Editorial Language Guidelines go into detail about which words they consider to be "strong language".

Seeing the words 'cunt', 'cocksucker' and 'motherfucker' uncensored on the BBC website is beautiful! Thank you :happy:

That's an odd rule.

Not really as before that time is set for little kids stuff. So swearing a avoided, some shows censer it others don't. After 7:30 all the kids shows are finished and the more older family and adult shows come on.

Not really as before that time is set for little kids stuff. So swearing a avoided, some shows censer it others don't. After 7:30 all the kids shows are finished and the more older family and adult shows come on.

Oh, we just have different channels for kids' shows and adults' shows here.

They didn't hack. On the BBC there is this option to click the red button on your TV remote and it shows you the missing songs that weren't aired on the TV.

Also I'm pretty sure the BBC gives them a time amount and the band chooses what songs they play in that amount of time.

Archived