Will Foxboro hot tubs and the Network be live again in 2014-2015?

Jimmy Durden

have you tried google?

It'd be pretty hard to find that out using google considering when they play shows there's usually like 2 days notice. And there's a lot more info about the bands and people who know about them to be found here than on most internet sites.

I'm afraid there isn't any news about Green Day playing live at the moment let alone side bands. It's always possible that they might play shows but it isn't something you can usually find out very long beforehand as they tend to play secret/short notice shows that are announced only a few days in advance. The Network haven't played since supporting Green Day in 2005 so that seems unlikely, but Foxboro Hot Tubs played a couple of shows only a few months ago so there's always the possibility that they'll play at some point in the next couple of years, just have to be lucky enough to hear about it (via here or Green Day's official site or other places Green Day news gets announced) and be in the right place for it. Or if Green Day play shows there's always that small chance they'll have them opening for them. That's pretty much all I can tell you I think!

Thanks and shit, hermione then i have to live in america to witness these crazy nuts bands. : ( I'm afraid they would have other secret websites to post some secret messages for their secret shows, people like me don't have enough authorised level to access these classified info, haha

The first rule of The Network is - you do not talk about The Network.

The second rule of The Network is - You DO NOT TALK ABOUT The Network

No the first rule is less guilt, more booze

The second rule is LESS GUILT, MORE BOOZE

If this is your first night, you have to drink

Thanks and shit, hermione then i have to live in america to witness these crazy nuts bands. : ( I'm afraid they would have other secret websites to post some secret messages for their secret shows, people like me don't have enough authorised level to access these classified info, haha

Foxboro Hot Tubs have played one show in England so don't lose hope haha! Never know when and where they might feel like playing. And it's true they're often sneaky about the shows but they're not that secret, they do announce them on greenday.com and Green Day's twitter and stuff (and then that news gets picked up and posted around), the main thing that keeps them "secret" is not everyone knowing that FBHT is Green Day.

I see. Hell no FBHT is not GD, i wanna see reverend strychnine twitch, not that billy joe weakarm. Let's pray they would hang out in asia and play around

Would be great, but I really don't think it will happen.

They played a few months ago, and have played when Green Day were "on a break" many times before, so I think it's possible. Probably not right now with what Mike's dealing with at the moment but within two years I'd say there's a decent chance.

I see. Hell no FBHT is not GD, i wanna see reverend strychnine twitch, not that billy joe weakarm. Let's pray they would hang out in asia and play around

I hope so! The best chance is probably if Green Day tour there, the way they played in England was that Green Day were on tour in London and felt like playing a Foxboro show while they were here. Not hugely likely of course given that they've only ever played one show outside the US so far but you never know.

I'd love a new network album. I think it would give them a chance to experiment more with the recent unusual songs that billie has written/participated in.

No the first rule is less guilt, more booze

The second rule is LESS GUILT, MORE BOOZE

If this is your first night, you have to drink

You're thinking of the wrong band, mate.

You're thinking of the wrong band, mate.

Less guilt more booze is literally The Network's slogan and the first rule of The Network and Foxboro Hot Tub's religion

The network is dead

Billie and Tre briefly wore Fink and Snoo masks during the 21st CB tour, they may still be alive!

Also just thought to move this to Green Day Chat, for future reference that's where threads for asking questions/asking people's opinions go (Green Day News is more for making threads about actual news rather than asking if there's news)

Foxboro Hot Tubs have played one show in England so don't lose hope haha!

Two. They supported Green Day in Manchester on 31st October 2009.

Two. They supported Green Day in Manchester on 31st October 2009.

Forgot about that! Playing 3 songs in a big arena isn't a real Foxboro show :P. But it would certainly be cool if they did that again and is another possible way of seeing them.

Forgot about that! Playing 3 songs in a big arena isn't a real Foxboro show :P. But it would certainly be cool if they did that again and is another possible way of seeing them.

I'll never forget it, for reasons that are deeply traumatising to me.

I'll never forget it, for reasons that are deeply traumatising to me.

Ahh yeah I know about your bad luck. I always think there's a decent chance they'd play here again though, first because they did it before, second because they're here quite a lot, and third because Green Day played at the same venue (The Garage) in 1994 and that seems to be memorable to them, it's most likely the reason they chose it for the Foxboro show and then the next year at Wembley Billie mentioned it again, saying something about how it was crazy it was that Green Day had played at The Garage and were now playing at Wembley Stadium. I believe Emily's Army played there a couple of years ago as well. So my theory is that playing another Foxboro show there must be a reasonably attractive proposition to them :D

Less guilt more booze is literally The Network's slogan and the first rule of The Network and Foxboro Hot Tub's religion

I could have sworn that was just a Foxboro Hot Tubs thing, when did the Network say something about it?

I could have sworn that was just a Foxboro Hot Tubs thing, when did the Network say something about it?

Everywhere pretty much! On their t-shirts, on their DVD, on their website, in their press releases. Lushotology and "less guilt more booze" was originally a Network thing, Foxboro Hot Tubs just carried it on. Here's a Network t-shirt with the Lushotology symbol and less guilt more booze on the back for example:

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41573_2216030208_9680_n.jpg

You are the best Hermione, you know stuff well, haha! YOu must be a member of the church of lushotology

Check out the website of The Network, and search The Church of Lushotology on facebook, you would find a closed group, it is found by John Roecker, it introduces:

The members of The Network are followers of the "Church of Lushotology." The band claims the church has helped their career and was responsible for the sucesses that the band has achieved.

When i search these things out, it looks like an open secret laying on Internet and fucking hilarious! News also mentioned that GD thanks alcohol for success. They maybe took drugs to get high on early days, then nowadays they become a bunch of alcoholics to perform, these guys are really funny and punk!

Archived