Chris Dugan audio interview at Jingletown, talks about Green Day and more

desertrose

Really good interview!

Listen here:

http://soundworkscollection.com/news/soundworks-collection-interview-series-chris-dugan

Bay Area based engineer and producer Chris Dugan talks with the SoundWorks Collection about his road to Jingle Town Studios. We talk about his journey as a small studio owner to recording the grammy winning Green Day album American Idiot.

Chris also talks about an unreleased Green Day holiday album and his perspective on recording albums with different size budgets.

Awesome, looking forward to hearing what he has to say about the Christmas album

So is this holiday album going to be released?

Haven't listened yet but I doubt it, I know from it being mentioned previously that it was a "dirty" Chirstmas album they made while making American Idiot, I think it was just for fun/experimenting rather than something to be released (I can live in hope though!).

Awesome, looking forward to hearing what he has to say about the Christmas album

Haven't listened yet but I doubt it, I know from it being mentioned previously that it was a "dirty" Chirstmas album they made while making American Idiot, I think it was just for fun/experimenting rather than something to be released (I can live in hope though!).

The "dirty" part is just making me want to hear it even more.

Green Day have so much unreleased songs, it's ridiculous. It's time for a box-set sized Shenanigans 2 with all this stuff we've been fantasizing about for years. I'm talking Rodeo Queens, Dirty Christmas Album, Cigarettes and Valentines, Dreamcatcher, etc etc ect. I could name soooo many tracks.....

This was cool! It was interesting to hear him talking about working with Green Day, and just about what he does. Good interview. And pleased to see he denied all accusations of being in The Network :D

The "dirty" part is just making me want to hear it even more.

He gave some more details about it in the interview. He said it was "pretty x rated, pretty funny, lots of good shit". And that one song was based on 'Decks the Halls', instead of "deck the halls with boughs of holly" it was "dicks and balls in mom's Ferrari, fa la la la la....let's get drunk and join the army....", lol. As far as it coming out, when the interviewer first asked if any of it had come out he was like "oh no, nononono", and then when he asked if it would ever come out he sounded pretty hesitant, he was saying "I don't know, I'm sure it'll get released one day" and that it'd be cool if it came out "down the road" and stuff but it didn't sound very convincing and I think he says the same thing pretty much any time someone asks him if something Green Day's done will ever come out so I wouldn't take much from it.

I actually wrote about 8 "dirty christmas" songs back in 2012. Best thing is, I still remember how most of them go :D

The thing that excites me the most is that, when the interviewer asked about how Chris manages his time when Green Day tend to call on him out of the blue, Chris mentioned that they called him in a the week prior to the interviewer. I'm not sure exactly how old this interview is, but at oldest I'm guessing a few months. I wonder if he's meaning something like an album, or if he's talking about mixing demolicious from before its release. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

This was a recent interview from July 21

colemanfilm

2 weeks ago

Great interview today with Jingle Town Studios / Green Day engineer @duganchris . New SoundWorks Collection podcast interview series coming soon!

10522196_547478302044652_1043584195_n.jp

The thing that excites me the most is that, when the interviewer asked about how Chris manages his time when Green Day tend to call on him out of the blue, Chris mentioned that they called him in a the week prior to the interviewer. I'm not sure exactly how old this interview is, but at oldest I'm guessing a few months. I wonder if he's meaning something like an album, or if he's talking about mixing demolicious from before its release. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I got excited when he said that as well, but then he mentioned he's working on two movies (related to Green Day) at the moment (I assume the early days documentaries), so it could've just been for that.

Tell me more about this Green Day internship program he mentioned :lol:

He mentioned a green day internship? Well thats always interesting

Archived